Summer 2019 takeover saga

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Re: Ashley Agrees to Sell Newcastle for £350m!

Post by Hjl » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:00 pm

seaside nipper wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:45 am
Oh ffs, my son wants the rest of the day off, says he feels upset.
Upset I tell him , your only upset, I'm absolutely seething.
Honestly, wtf is it with Ashley
Ashely is probably finding it hard to fully see what's going to happen now with his head lodged so firmly up his arse.

Asprillasfurcoat
Shelvey's Precious

Post by Asprillasfurcoat » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:42 am

Foolishly optimistic Friday ..

If it was all dead in the water, or had never been serious in the first place, wouldn't BZG just have just released a statement to that effect by now, to stop all the speculation and to stop mental Geordies phoning their offices at 3am , just to get everyone off their backs ?
What a player! What a signing! What a day for Newcastle United! .. actual BBC commentary from Moussa Sissoko's first game for Newcastle United

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:34 am

I was optimistic when the news broke, but not I think it's a load of bollocks. The club is a mess, again. No manager, no coaching set up, threadbare squad in some areas, players who will undoubtedly want to move, disgruntled (to put it mildly) fans, an owner who doesn't care, we can't compete with the likes of Brighton on training facilities, we can't compete with the likes of Bournemouth on transfer fees and player wages...all in all pretty s***!
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:08 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:34 am
I was optimistic when the news broke, but not I think it's a load of bollocks. The club is a mess, again. No manager, no coaching set up, threadbare squad in some areas, players who will undoubtedly want to move, disgruntled (to put it mildly) fans, an owner who doesn't care, we can't compete with the likes of Brighton on training facilities, we can't compete with the likes of Bournemouth on transfer fees and player wages...all in all pretty s***!
That may or may not be true, but I think that does highlight the potential flaw of huge loud protests when wanting Ashley to sell. Personally, I have no idea how much that spooks potential buyers, I'm not a billionaire with money to burn, but if the current state of the club will scare off buyers, we're in trouble, because fans are understandably livid and I expect more vocal against Ashley than ever before.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:02 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:08 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:34 am
That may or may not be true, but I think that does highlight the potential flaw of huge loud protests when wanting Ashley to sell. Personally, I have no idea how much that spooks potential buyers, I'm not a billionaire with money to burn, but if the current state of the club will scare off buyers, we're in trouble, because fans are understandably livid and I expect more vocal against Ashley than ever before.
In theory I think potential buyers will see that fan anger is due to sustained complete mismanagement of the club by the owner.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PTAO? » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:44 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:02 pm
Remember Colo wrote:

In theory I think potential buyers will see that fan anger is due to sustained complete mismanagement of the club by the owner.
Yeah, if I had billions to spare, I'd look at the angry fans as an opportunity to come in and be a hero, rather than being scared they would hate me.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:10 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:02 pm
Remember Colo wrote:

Depends on whether they're planning on coming in and mismanaging us too...

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:45 pm

The scaring off buyers angle is bollocks, if anything it puts the seller in a weaker position at the table as the buyer can put pressure on them over the discontent, people are not angry just because they are the owner they are angry at how the club is being run.

Basically when they say it's an issue it means I want X amount of money but because you are all mad at me they are pressing me for a cheaper price that I will refuse to accept.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:11 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:45 pm
The scaring off buyers angle is bollocks, if anything it puts the seller in a weaker position at the table as the buyer can put pressure on them over the discontent, people are not angry just because they are the owner they are angry at how the club is being run.

Basically when they say it's an issue it means I want X amount of money but because you are all mad at me they are pressing me for a cheaper price that I will refuse to accept.
I don't disagree, despite me bringing up that argument. I just think that there are some people saying the sale is bound to fail because the club is in shambles, while also saying everyone needs to protest, kill revenue and create a huge scene. I just think there's a conflict in believing both

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:17 pm

tweet allegedly sent by the clubs official twitter account at 11:10am today? Then swiftly deleted. Something about an announcement this evening about the purchase of NUFC
Anyone see this or is it another fake story doing the rounds?

PTAO?

Post by PTAO? » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:22 pm

Tsi wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:17 pm
tweet allegedly sent by the clubs official twitter account at 11:10am today? Then swiftly deleted. Something about an announcement this evening about the purchase of NUFC
Reckon it's complete bollocks.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:28 pm

PTAO? wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:22 pm
Tsi wrote:

Reckon it's complete bollocks.
Yeah the tweet and the takeover <laugh>

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:29 am

Tsi wrote:
And not one of the clubs 1.4m Twitter followers managed to get a screenshot of....

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:39 am

jpg wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:29 am
Tsi wrote:

And not one of the clubs 1.4m Twitter followers managed to get a screenshot of....
At the time of my tweet there was apparently a screen shot doing the rounds on Facebook but as I thought it was complete bollocks.

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:25 am

All the signs point to Ashley remaining as owner based on the past week’s events. Doubt Benitez would have gone if he knew there was a good chance of a takeover; same with Perez. I think if the club appoint a new manager then that pretty much confirms it...

Somebodys pinched my sombrero
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Somebodys pinched my sombrero » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:06 am

jpg wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:25 am
All the signs point to Ashley remaining as owner based on the past week’s events. Doubt Benitez would have gone if he knew there was a good chance of a takeover; same with Perez. I think if the club appoint a new manager then that pretty much confirms it...
If we do appoint a new manager, we’re f***ed and he’s staying. The longer it goes on, the more promising it looks like the sale is close. Makes sense for Redfearn to temporarily assume command.
Supporting the Toon since 1972.

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:11 am

Somebodys pinched my sombrero wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:06 am
jpg wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:25 am
If we do appoint a new manager, we’re f***ed and he’s staying. The longer it goes on, the more promising it looks like the sale is close. Makes sense for Redfearn to temporarily assume command.
I wish I shared your optimism.

Somebodys pinched my sombrero
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Somebodys pinched my sombrero » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:17 am

Not optimistic, just trying to keep myself sane.
Supporting the Toon since 1972.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:59 pm

I think it's all a little more grey than this. Even if there was a good chance the takeover would happen, Rafa probably didn't want to risk locking himself in for several years should it fall through. It's also hard to tell what the connection is between the takeover and searching for a new manager (and the lack of prep) because the club is run by idiots who are regularly out of touch with the industry, their staff and the fans. It's quite possible they were naive about Rafa resigning on their terms, just as it's possible they thought they'd have sold the club by now.

seaside nipper
Spain (Morata)
Spain (Morata)

Post by seaside nipper » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:57 am

BZG poised to make a statement ??!!
Shields Gazette...................
<backout>
Clydeside & Tyneside