Perez Leaving

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: Perez Leaving

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:04 pm

Captain Obvious wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:43 am
End of the day the release clause was activated, read earlier he was leaving regardless of Rafa etc. So he was always going. I actually think £30m is probably more than he's worth given his inconsistency but I get that his workrate will suit Leicester too. The bigger issue is this money won't be spent on a replacement and we know it.
Agreed. I think it's a decent enough price, but as you say whether we got £30m or £300m for him it makes no real difference as it won't be reinvested on the squad.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Sir Bobby » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:41 pm

30m is actually a good price for Perez. If we assume he was more or less maximising his potential in the last half of the season - that type of player is probably worth £30-40m in today’s market but considering he only hit that level for 10 games or so I think the low end of it is a fair price.

Will it get invested? Doubtful.

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:02 pm

Can't wait for him to stick his fingers in his ears when he scores up here next season. Be a good laugh.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:03 pm

I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:07 pm

Goodbye sweet prince. :(

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:08 pm

Just watched that and you beat me to the post lol.
I really hope he gets a good reception when he comes back he deserves it, really good player for us.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:27 pm

Same, though by the standards of Strawberry Corner recently I'm wary he won't. They booed James Milner for fucks sake, what monster boos James Milner?

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:30 pm

I've not always been his biggest fan, and got frustrated when he'd yo-yo between scoring streaks and barren spells. But for £1.5m as a young player coming to the PL (and stayed in the Championship) he can't really be faulted. He averaged a goal in around 1 in 5 games, which if he'd spread them more evenly maybe some fans wouldn't have gotten annoyed. Not easy tho playing in a team with a chronic lack of goals / chances for a lot of his time here. I do think he'll do well at Leicester, with their pace on the break and more attacking guile he should get a few goals.

Alfie
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Alfie » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:54 am

I don't quite understand why Leicester want him, plays in roughly same position as James Maddison who's far more consistent than Ayoze.
And in conclusion, how far had you got through reading this before you realised it was my signature?

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:37 am

Alfie wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:54 am
I don't quite understand why Leicester want him, plays in roughly same position as James Maddison who's far more consistent than Ayoze.
Speaks volumes how clubs like Leicester are able to pluck our better players to use as backup for £30m.

Gosh, I'm feeling negative this morning.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:47 am

Looking on their forums when this was breaking, alot of Leicester fans seemed think he'd be playing out wide ahead of Demari Grey. Wouldn't be the best fit for Perez, but as been said wouldn't start in his preferred position.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:00 am

Tsi wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:08 pm
Just watched that and you beat me to the post lol.
I really hope he gets a good reception when he comes back he deserves it, really good player for us.
<laugh>

He'll get loads of grief.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:11 pm

I'm under no illusions he won't.

krully
Germany (Müller)
Germany (Müller)

Post by krully » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:18 pm

30 mill for him is a nice sum, if it were to be reinvested 🙄😒

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:22 pm

I actually think Perez will be more consistent in a side that actually play attacking football. It's no coincidence he produced more in the latter half of seasons when Rafa opened up the tactics and actually had a couple attacking players playing attacking football. Perez isn't going to create a lot of goals on his own, and needs to play off of others and poach around the box - which he's actually pretty good at.

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:36 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:22 pm
I actually think Perez will be more consistent in a side that actually play attacking football. It's no coincidence he produced more in the latter half of seasons when Rafa opened up the tactics and actually had a couple attacking players playing attacking football. Perez isn't going to create a lot of goals on his own, and needs to play off of others and poach around the box - which he's actually pretty good at.
he's going to be great for them IMO <wah>
And he might not have created many goals for us, but thats only because no-one on our team can finish. I lost count of the amount of times he put it on a plate for a team mate last season only for them to fluff their lines