The next manager?

Somebodys pinched my sombrero
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2206
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:08 pm
Location: The former mackem heartland of Peterlee

Re: The next manager?

Post by Somebodys pinched my sombrero » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:00 am

saves = survival wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:48 am
The scabs must be Toon Barmy if they're still buying season tickets.
Disgraceful comment that, turning on your own fans.
Supporting the Toon since 1972.

User avatar
Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Posts: 1576
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:43 pm

Re: The next manager?

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:08 am

Somebodys pinched my sombrero wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:00 am
saves = survival wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:48 am
The scabs must be Toon Barmy if they're still buying season tickets.
Disgraceful comment that, turning on your own fans.
If that's how you view it, then so be it. That's how I feel about it. If you turn up you're condoning all of the actions of the last decade.

Keegan's wasteful return, Jonas' dismissal, Hughton's sacking, replacing him with a League 1 failure, no infrastructure investment, penny-pinching, stealing advertising space, losing a World Class manager not because of demands for himself but because of demands for the club's benefit, replacing him with a bottom half Championship manager.

What does it take for people not to go back?

This probably quite hyperbolic but it's akin to an abusive relationship. If you were being abused by your partner over and over again and it's clear to see that it's going on and nothing will change... would you go back to your abuser? You'd surely be idiotic to do so?

Perhaps the proposed boycott (for 1 game is not TOO difficult - f***ing hell - it's not too much to ask), could offer an alternative to help pry these scabby idiots away from this rotten business for 1 f***ing week.

Both sides are like a badge of honor. Boycott and you've got balls. Don't boycott and you're the loyalist football supporter the world has ever seen and yet... in my opinion, in this moment of need, the most loyal thing you can do for the good of the club is to not go.

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 27776
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: The next manager?

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:04 pm

I think your argument is fair enough, just that people having a different view to yours aren’t “scabby idiots”.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Sea Otter
Guest
Guest

Re: The next manager?

Post by Sea Otter » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:39 pm

Somebodys pinched my sombrero wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:00 am
saves = survival wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:48 am
The scabs must be Toon Barmy if they're still buying season tickets.
Disgraceful comment that, turning on your own fans.
We have a shitty owner, but there isn’t half a lot of cry baby nonsense being posted about boycotting the club. Support the team, don’t support the team. Who gives a f***?
I saw my first game a couple of years after you. It’s been pretty s*** most of that time, but you don’t support a football club just because it’s successful. You support it because that’s how it is after your dad takes you to your first game. I’ll probably die without seeing a trophy. It’s a shame, but there are a lot worse things going on in the world.
Steve f’in Bruce though...

User avatar
Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Posts: 1576
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:43 pm

Re: The next manager?

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:57 pm

If anything, calling these people what they are makes them more resilient and less likely to join the picket lines. Be interesting to see how many fans from Nottingham the club has on that first day of the season.

User avatar
Donkey Toon
Resident Financial Expert
Resident Financial Expert
Posts: 6668
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:46 pm

Re: The next manager?

Post by Donkey Toon » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:58 pm

saves = survival wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:08 am
Somebodys pinched my sombrero wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:00 am


Disgraceful comment that, turning on your own fans.
If that's how you view it, then so be it. That's how I feel about it. If you turn up you're condoning all of the actions of the last decade.

Keegan's wasteful return, Jonas' dismissal, Hughton's sacking, replacing him with a League 1 failure, no infrastructure investment, penny-pinching, stealing advertising space, losing a World Class manager not because of demands for himself but because of demands for the club's benefit, replacing him with a bottom half Championship manager.

What does it take for people not to go back?

This probably quite hyperbolic but it's akin to an abusive relationship. If you were being abused by your partner over and over again and it's clear to see that it's going on and nothing will change... would you go back to your abuser? You'd surely be idiotic to do so?

Perhaps the proposed boycott (for 1 game is not TOO difficult - f***ing hell - it's not too much to ask), could offer an alternative to help pry these scabby idiots away from this rotten business for 1 f***ing week.

Both sides are like a badge of honor. Boycott and you've got balls. Don't boycott and you're the loyalist football supporter the world has ever seen and yet... in my opinion, in this moment of need, the most loyal thing you can do for the good of the club is to not go.

That is a decision for each individual to decide and does not warrant being called a scab because their view differs from yours.

And the rest of your post is just opinion too, so try and calm down and show a willingness to accept that your opinion is neither the only one or necessarily the correct one.

User avatar
Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police
Posts: 7876
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:23 pm
Location: Newcastle, High Heaton

Re: The next manager?

Post by Toondes » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:24 pm

Well I can tell you I will be going next season. I take my young son and I won’t stop because a few fans are having a protest . I’ve supported the toon before Mike Ashley , during Mike Ashley and ill support them when the s*** house leaves.
# stolen from nufc.com :)

User avatar
Blue & Maroon
Final Nail
Final Nail
Posts: 10689
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: York

Re: The next manager?

Post by Blue & Maroon » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:29 pm

saves = survival wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:57 pm
If anything, calling these people what they are makes them more resilient and less likely to join the picket lines. Be interesting to see how many fans from Nottingham the club has on that first day of the season.
Pickets, scabs, comparing supporting Newcastle to domestic abuse or boycotting to the miners strike.

Get a grip man. Its football.

User avatar
Blue & Maroon
Final Nail
Final Nail
Posts: 10689
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: York

Re: The next manager?

Post by Blue & Maroon » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:32 pm

I'll support whoever's puts on the shirt for better or worse. It's all about the team, and it's a good/excuse to see family and go home for the night.

Somebodys pinched my sombrero
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2206
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:08 pm
Location: The former mackem heartland of Peterlee

Re: The next manager?

Post by Somebodys pinched my sombrero » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:19 pm

saves = survival wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:57 pm
If anything, calling these people what they are makes them more resilient and less likely to join the picket lines. Be interesting to see how many fans from Nottingham the club has on that first day of the season.
Fans from Nottingham? It’s not the miners strike ffs?
I’ve been supporting my team probably longer than you’ll have been alive. I’ve given up my season tickets, I’ll still go to away games, and, possibly a few home games if I calm down.
I hate Ashley with a passion, but don’t ever call me a scab.
Supporting the Toon since 1972.

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 27776
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: The next manager?

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:24 pm

Excuse my ignorance, but what’s the thing with Nottingham?
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Colly
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 5837
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:44 pm
Location: Billingham

Re: The next manager?

Post by Colly » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:32 pm

He's said it a few times, I presume he thinks it's clever.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-n ... e-47401859

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 27776
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: The next manager?

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:52 pm

Colly wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:32 pm
He's said it a few times, I presume he thinks it's clever.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-n ... e-47401859
Oh right, didn’t grow up in a mining area so that’s news to me. Plus I was only born in the mid 80s!
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
Tsi
10 Champs Gold
10 Champs Gold
Posts: 12242
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:08 pm
Location: Up North

Re: The next manager?

Post by Tsi » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:52 pm

I wonder if he has Sky, BT or both or maybe goes to a pub that shows live matches thus feeding Ashleys biggest revenue. <roll>

User avatar
lassassinblanc
lementeurblanc
lementeurblanc
Posts: 1656
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:09 am
Location: Stavanger

Re: The next manager?

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:03 am

Bruce and his staff have resigned. It edges closer
<ayo>

User avatar
Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police
Posts: 7876
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:23 pm
Location: Newcastle, High Heaton

Re: The next manager?

Post by Toondes » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:05 am

Oh great
# stolen from nufc.com :)

CIH
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Posts: 1815
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:07 am

Re: The next manager?

Post by CIH » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:08 am

I was starting to hope it would fall through and somehow we would end up with someone better. Or even less worse.

User avatar
Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police
Posts: 7876
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:23 pm
Location: Newcastle, High Heaton

Re: The next manager?

Post by Toondes » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:13 am

Not excited by this at all. Hope I’m proved wrong obviously but this is so underwhelming
# stolen from nufc.com :)

User avatar
krully
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 4731
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:14 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: The next manager?

Post by krully » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:44 am

So the fact that we're haggling over steven f***ing Bruce .

Pretty much means the take over is ded. What a joke

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 27776
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: The next manager?

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:50 am

It’s alright, we’re singing some Chelsea youth team player on a free..
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Post Reply