10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Re: The next manager?

Post by Chappy » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:04 am

saves = survival wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:08 am
Somebodys pinched my sombrero wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:00 am

Disgraceful comment that, turning on your own fans.
If that's how you view it, then so be it. That's how I feel about it. If you turn up you're condoning all of the actions of the last decade.

Keegan's wasteful return, Jonas' dismissal, Hughton's sacking, replacing him with a League 1 failure, no infrastructure investment, penny-pinching, stealing advertising space, losing a World Class manager not because of demands for himself but because of demands for the club's benefit, replacing him with a bottom half Championship manager.

What does it take for people not to go back?

This probably quite hyperbolic but it's akin to an abusive relationship. If you were being abused by your partner over and over again and it's clear to see that it's going on and nothing will change... would you go back to your abuser? You'd surely be idiotic to do so?

Perhaps the proposed boycott (for 1 game is not TOO difficult - f***ing hell - it's not too much to ask), could offer an alternative to help pry these scabby idiots away from this rotten business for 1 f***ing week.

Both sides are like a badge of honor. Boycott and you've got balls. Don't boycott and you're the loyalist football supporter the world has ever seen and yet... in my opinion, in this moment of need, the most loyal thing you can do for the good of the club is to not go.
Boycotting will make little difference (if any) because of TV money. I personally won't be going not so much as a protest, but more in the fact that I'm just tired of Newcastle under Ashley, and I'm not willing to spend all that money on tickets, travel and invest all that time into it.

But folk like you that go around telling people they're "scabs" for going to the game are everything I despise in football fans these days. Stop with the "holier than thou" bollocks. You're no better or loyal because of what you're doing. And name calling and abusing other people because they don't agree with you and want to go to the game makes you look like a first class cronut. Screw the nut you lunatic.
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:05 am

Also... Bruce has resigned. Looks like it's happening.
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:19 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:50 am
It’s alright, we’re singing some Chelsea youth team player on a free..
I wouldn't even call him a youth player anymore, lads 21 <erk>

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:20 am

Chappy wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:04 am
saves = survival wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:08 am

If that's how you view it, then so be it. That's how I feel about it. If you turn up you're condoning all of the actions of the last decade.

Keegan's wasteful return, Jonas' dismissal, Hughton's sacking, replacing him with a League 1 failure, no infrastructure investment, penny-pinching, stealing advertising space, losing a World Class manager not because of demands for himself but because of demands for the club's benefit, replacing him with a bottom half Championship manager.

What does it take for people not to go back?

This probably quite hyperbolic but it's akin to an abusive relationship. If you were being abused by your partner over and over again and it's clear to see that it's going on and nothing will change... would you go back to your abuser? You'd surely be idiotic to do so?

Perhaps the proposed boycott (for 1 game is not TOO difficult - f***ing hell - it's not too much to ask), could offer an alternative to help pry these scabby idiots away from this rotten business for 1 f***ing week.

Both sides are like a badge of honor. Boycott and you've got balls. Don't boycott and you're the loyalist football supporter the world has ever seen and yet... in my opinion, in this moment of need, the most loyal thing you can do for the good of the club is to not go.
Boycotting will make little difference (if any) because of TV money. I personally won't be going not so much as a protest, but more in the fact that I'm just tired of Newcastle under Ashley, and I'm not willing to spend all that money on tickets, travel and invest all that time into it.

But folk like you that go around telling people they're "scabs" for going to the game are everything I despise in football fans these days. Stop with the "holier than thou" bollocks. You're no better or loyal because of what you're doing. And name calling and abusing other people because they don't agree with you and want to go to the game makes you look like a first class cronut. Screw the nut you lunatic.
<applause>

krully
Germany (Müller)
Germany (Müller)

Post by krully » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:41 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:50 am
It’s alright, we’re singing some Chelsea youth team player on a free..
If it's Kennedy I'll be very upset

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:45 am

lassassinblanc wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:03 am
Bruce and his staff have resigned. It edges closer
Shades of McClaren 2015... but at least that turned out fine in the end!

seaside nipper
Spain (Morata)
Spain (Morata)

Post by seaside nipper » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:49 am

Chappy wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:05 am
Also... Bruce has resigned. Looks like it's happening.
Resigned !?
So it gets murkier and more distasteful by the hour.
Ashley will be telling Shef Wed soon he'll see them in court.
This just gets more and more grubby by the day
Clydeside & Tyneside

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:45 pm

The Sun (so probably way off) reporting that we’re paying £4m compensation for Bruce <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Asprillasfurcoat
Shelvey's Precious

Post by Asprillasfurcoat » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:09 pm

Wanted:

Extras for TV work

Location: Sports Direct Arena, right up North somewhere. Probably Noocarsel

To play members of crowd welcoming a new Manager - ability to convey enthusiasm and eye-rolling happiness essential. Required to bring own black and white scarf ( or preferably purchase one on location at inflated cost )

Apply to: The Mike Ashley Theatrical Enterprises and Media Manipulation Agency
What a player! What a signing! What a day for Newcastle United! .. actual BBC commentary from Moussa Sissoko's first game for Newcastle United

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:49 pm

Hearing from a colleague who worked with Wednesday that Bruce has signed 500k a 1 year rolling contract.

Basically due to the club being for Sale Ashley doesn't want to offer any more, the same deal was offered to Rafa (only it was worth more)
I'll Hazard a guess

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:04 pm

CIH wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:06 pm
Is Flores any good or does he just look better stacked up to Bruce? <laugh>

I vaguely remember him doing alright at Watford and seemingly unfairly getting the boot. Seems to be one of the better, realistic, options out there. Not one that there's a lot of press speculation about though. Maybe as it's sensible.
I really liked him when managing Valencia too <ok>

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:10 pm

Asprillasfurcoat wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:09 pm
Wanted:

Extras for TV work

To play members of crowd welcoming a new Manager - ability to convey enthusiasm and eye-rolling happiness essential. Required to bring own black and white scarf ( or preferably purchase one on location at inflated cost )

Ashley doesn't give two hoots about media and public perception. I genuinely believe schmucks like Shola go out there of their own volition to protect their own self-interest as representatives of the club.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:12 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:45 pm
The Sun (so probably way off) reporting that we’re paying £4m compensation for Bruce <laugh>
Do you know how much it costs to get the phone numbers for some out of work managers these days? This sounds a steal... <roll>

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:04 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:10 pm
Asprillasfurcoat wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:09 pm
Wanted:

Extras for TV work

Ashley doesn't give two hoots about media and public perception. I genuinely believe schmucks like Shola go out there of their own volition to protect their own self-interest as representatives of the club.
Get out.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:36 pm

Colly wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:04 pm
Remember Colo wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:10 pm

Get out.
It's only temporary until he stops saying such stupid things publicly. Even though I get why he would defend his employer.

Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:21 pm

Will keep the tradition to change my account name according to our manager/head coach. And I have a glorious new name if Steve Bruce arrive at Newcastle but ffs I don't wanna use it.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:40 pm

Starting to warm to the idea of Bruce, think he will do an ok job, and at the moment I think that's what I need as a fan under this regime, I'd really hate for us to dig out a gem of a manager or another Rafa esque one, only for them to be fighting an unwinnable fight against Ashley and then be forced out due to the s*** show that we are. Maybe someone getting their head down and just doing the job is what we need until we can shift the wanker at the top.

krully
Germany (Müller)
Germany (Müller)

Post by krully » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:54 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:40 pm
Starting to warm to the idea of Bruce, think he will do an ok job, and at the moment I think that's what I need as a fan under this regime, I'd really hate for us to dig out a gem of a manager or another Rafa esque one, only for them to be fighting an unwinnable fight against Ashley and then be forced out due to the s*** show that we are. Maybe someone getting their head down and just doing the job is what we need until we can shift the w***** at the top.
You been drinking... again?

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:37 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Starting to warm to the idea of Bruce, think he will do an ok job, and at the moment I think that's what I need as a fan under this regime, I'd really hate for us to dig out a gem of a manager or another Rafa esque one, only for them to be fighting an unwinnable fight against Ashley and then be forced out due to the s*** show that we are. Maybe someone getting their head down and just doing the job is what we need until we can shift the w***** at the top.
I'm glass half-full when it comes to us, so normally I'd agree with you, but I'm struggling to find many positives right now.

Losing Rafa was a massive blow, and the club was always going to struggle to find another manager of that calibre. Bruce just comes with so much baggage already, along with very little time to actually implement a playing style or properly recruit in key positions. Ironically, I can see him being given quite a substantial budget. This is just McClaren mark two.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:44 pm

jpg wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:37 pm
Don Sholeone wrote:
I'm glass half-full when it comes to us, so normally I'd agree with you, but I'm struggling to find many positives right now.

Losing Rafa was a massive blow, and the club was always going to struggle to find another manager of that calibre. Bruce just comes with so much baggage already, along with very little time to actually implement a playing style or properly recruit in key positions. Ironically, I can see him being given quite a substantial budget. This is just McClaren mark two.
I tend to agree. I'd actually felt really positive at the beginning of the summer, and had been confident Rafa would stay in the job. But I'm annoyed he didn't stay on; and I blame him more than others - because clearly his decision was emotion/financially motivated, which is fine, but don't then pretend it was footballing reasons. I'm even more annoyed the front office were so out of touch they didn't anticipate him leaving, and I'm infuriated they were so unprepared to not have a list of options lined up and unknowledgable as to only look into the same old terrible names.