NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by Toondes » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:58 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:49 pm
Colly wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:18 pm
Has anyone seen him play? I'm not massively overwhelmed by a player who stats wise seems no better than Muto or (dare I say his name) Mitrovic.
Not seen him play a game but from the boys I've seen online looks to be strong with a bit of pace, goal record isn't out of this world but he is only a young lad, seems like last season he really started to shine, think with almiron behind him he can be effective for us.

The only thing that I'm annoyed about is the fact we are willingly paying out nearly £40m after Rafa had to fight over scraps. Yet Bruce gets a £40m player off the bat?
<perv>
# stolen from nufc.com :)

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:12 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Colly wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:18 pm
Has anyone seen him play? I'm not massively overwhelmed by a player who stats wise seems no better than Muto or (dare I say his name) Mitrovic.
Not seen him play a game but from the bits I've seen online looks to be strong with a bit of pace, goal record isn't out of this world but he is only a young lad, seems like last season he really started to shine, think with almiron behind him he can be effective for us.

The only thing that I'm annoyed about is the fact we are willingly paying out nearly £40m after Rafa had to fight over scraps. Yet Bruce gets a £40m player off the bat?
I think coverage suggested (and not just the biased sources) Rafa had been promised a 50m net spend this summer, but he chose to leave despite that. If by the grace of geordie gods this transfer were to happen after a long period of speculation, I think we can presume it got started before Rafa left them in the lurch and it has nothing to do with Bruce coming in.

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:54 am

Well apparently Rafa didn’t want this transfer to happen so it’s a strange one . It sound like the club making signings on the say so of scouts which actually seems sensible as I doubt many managers actually scout players.

omegaprimevkm
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by omegaprimevkm » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:49 pm

jpg wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:53 pm
Don Sholeone wrote:

Not seen him play a game but from the boys I've seen online looks to be strong with a bit of pace, goal record isn't out of this world but he is only a young lad, seems like last season he really started to shine, think with almiron behind him he can be effective for us.

Typical isn’t it? It’s times like these that make feel as though the ownership are just on a wind-up. Almost spiteful.
I think that the claim is that he WAS offered to Benitez, only to be told that the costliness and riskiness of paying off were not there.

Let's make no bones about it, the only thing that the hierarchy are hoping for is a Champions League club to pay £60m for him in 2 seasons.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:12 pm

omegaprimevkm wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:49 pm
jpg wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:53 pm

Typical isn’t it? It’s times like these that make feel as though the ownership are just on a wind-up. Almost spiteful.
I think that the claim is that he WAS offered to Benitez, only to be told that the costliness and riskiness of paying off were not there.

Let's make no bones about it, the only thing that the hierarchy are hoping for is a Champions League club to pay £60m for him in 2 seasons.
Almost certainly this. With him supposedly only wanting a three year deal as well, no doubt he sees us a stepping stone. Can't blame him, and that's probably how the club sold the move. No doubt he'll have a release clause. Which for some clubs us to deter bids, whereas for us it's an asking price. An invitation even. Probably 82m
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PTAO? » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:26 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:12 pm
Don Sholeone wrote:

Not seen him play a game but from the bits I've seen online looks to be strong with a bit of pace, goal record isn't out of this world but he is only a young lad, seems like last season he really started to shine, think with almiron behind him he can be effective for us.

I think coverage suggested (and not just the biased sources) Rafa had been promised a 50m net spend this summer, but he chose to leave despite that. If by the grace of geordie gods this transfer were to happen after a long period of speculation, I think we can presume it got started before Rafa left them in the lurch and it has nothing to do with Bruce coming in.
No, he was told there was 50m to spend, but he couldn't spend it how he wished. He has repeatedly stated this is why he was frustrated at Newcastle.

Ol' Dirty Bas Dost
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Ol' Dirty Bas Dost » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:18 pm

'We spend £6m a year on Rafa - let's fund questionable player purchases instead!'

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:56 pm

PTAO? wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:26 pm
Remember Colo wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:12 pm

No, he was told there was 50m to spend, but he couldn't spend it how he wished. He has repeatedly stated this is why he was frustrated at Newcastle.
What we each said is mutually exclusive. Some immediate reactions were that the club never would have spent that much on a player with Rafa in charge, as if this is some kind of spiteful act now that a different manager is in charge. When as you (and others have said), the club allegedly was willing to spend this much on this player, but Rafa wasn't necessarily interested. Both can be true.

PTAO?

Post by PTAO? » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:52 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:56 pm
PTAO? wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:26 pm

What we each said is mutually exclusive. Some immediate reactions were that the club never would have spent that much on a player with Rafa in charge, as if this is some kind of spiteful act now that a different manager is in charge. When as you (and others have said), the club allegedly was willing to spend this much on this player, but Rafa wasn't necessarily interested. Both can be true.
My bad, I misunderstood what you said as Rafa being promised he had 50m.

I still don't agree that Rafa left us in the lurch though. Supposedly he told us he was leaving over a month before the end of his contract due to disagreements on how the budget should be spent. It was the club's decision to try and wait him out thinking he would cave.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:11 pm

Links to Jarrod Bowen have been picking up pace, plays right wing, attacking mid and striker, would be a like for like replacement for Perez, Hull City looking for around £15m, scored 19 goals and had 4 assists last year.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:18 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:11 pm
Links to Jarrod Bowen have been picking up pace, plays right wing, attacking mid and striker, would be a like for like replacement for Perez, Hull City looking for around £15m, scored 19 goals and had 4 assists last year.
Sounds like a reasonable price given we paid £12 million for Murphy.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:46 pm

PTAO? wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:52 pm
Remember Colo wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:56 pm

My bad, I misunderstood what you said as Rafa being promised he had 50m.

I still don't agree that Rafa left us in the lurch though. Supposedly he told us he was leaving over a month before the end of his contract due to disagreements on how the budget should be spent. It was the club's decision to try and wait him out thinking he would cave.
And my bad, I shouldn't have used loaded language like "in the lurch" as if it's all his fault or that the impact couldn't have been mitigated. It's definitely the front office's fault that they naively thought he would eventually cave and re-sign, and subsequently weren't ready with manager and squad plans.

Captain Obvious
Drunk Control
Drunk Control

Post by Captain Obvious » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:25 pm

People I know who watch the Championship say he's a canny player that Bowen. Works hard (like Perez) and knows where the goal is. Will do for me. Just a shame we've got Steve f***ing Bruce as manager.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:23 pm

Canny player from what I've heard. Needs to be supported by some solid PL players though.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:27 pm

Does depend what kind of formation Bruce wants to play. If he goes for a flat 4/5 in midfield or even a 3 behind the striker, your need two proper wide players. Is Bowen a proper winger or does he play better on the inside like Perez? Plus if he's a right mid, then you'd have him, Murphy and Ritchie for one position, and basically just Atsu on the left. Although I suppose aarons is back. And could shift Miggy out there, his pace be effective.

I personally like Murphy and don't think he's been given much of a chance under Benitez. Would surprise me if the same people who think we threw money away on a young, untested championship winger would be happy to spend more on Bowen. A young, untested championship winger.

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:37 pm

CIH wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:27 pm
Does depend what kind of formation Bruce wants to play. If he goes for a flat 4/5 in midfield or even a 3 behind the striker, your need two proper wide players. Is Bowen a proper winger or does he play better on the inside like Perez? Plus if he's a right mid, then you'd have him, Murphy and Ritchie for one position, and basically just Atsu on the left. Although I suppose aarons is back. And could shift Miggy out there, his pace be effective.

I personally like Murphy and don't think he's been given much of a chance under Benitez. Would surprise me if the same people who think we threw money away on a young, untested championship winger would be happy to spend more on Bowen. A young, untested championship winger.
For that price we could do a lot worse. Austin would be a safe and experienced option to have. Knows were the goal is and works hard. Doesn't do nothing spectacular but is a fox in the box type player with good movement, awareness and if we manage to keep him fit would be useful especially with Joelitin coming in could work well with Austin playing as the no.9 and Joe as the no.10/second striker and Gayle as third choice with Muto in and around too. Not too shabby eh? Also if the Jarrod Bowen rumours are true then even better as we have a like for like replacement who's similar to Perez can play out wide, centrally, knows were the goal is and works hard plus he's younger and English so helps the home-grown quota.

Dubra
Yeds Lascelles Schar Dummet
Longstaff Hayden
Miggy Joelinton Bowen
Austin

Subs : Darlow, Lejune, Ritchie, Shelvey, Muto, Atsu, Gayle

Clark, Manquillo, Fernandez, Murphy, Saviet, Aarons, Sterry, Ki and Eliot all in the background as reserves too

Wishful thinking but if we actually do reinvest the Perez money then it's not too bad. Maybe even end up in the top 10 if things go our way. Just trying to stay positive. <awe>

Captain Obvious
Drunk Control
Drunk Control

Post by Captain Obvious » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:38 pm

You say that, but we spent 12m on Murphy and if we sold him tomorrow we'd likely get that back for him.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:47 pm

Captain Obvious wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:38 pm
You say that, but we spent 12m on Murphy and if we sold him tomorrow we'd likely get that back for him.
Yeah I like Murphy, I don't personally think we overspent. Give him a season with a bit more gametime and see what player we've got.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:22 am

Being linked to Joshua Onomah from Spurs for 10m. Youngish english midfielder. Played for Bruce on loan at Villa and Sheff Wednesday. Wouldn't be a bad signing.

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:36 am

CIH wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:22 am
Being linked to Joshua Onomah from Spurs for 10m. Youngish english midfielder. Played for Bruce on loan at Villa and Sheff Wednesday. Wouldn't be a bad signing.
Hayden or Longsatff replacement?
Last edited by Toondes on Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.