Joelinton Signs for Newcastle

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Joelinton Signs for Newcastle

Post by Don Sholeone » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:26 pm

Allegedly was flown in today and had his medical which has been passed, looking like he could be announced as soon as tomorrow.

Think it's an exciting signing, the lad is still really young and has some good attributes that are seen as good to have in PL, has pace and strength and is apparently quite direct in his play, likes to take on defenders when he dribbles and despite the questions over his goal return he's been pretty consistent with both goals and assists in his game, some have suggested he's more like a second striker and has played more a of a supporting role rather than a focal point so far.

Time will tell if this is a good signing but we have to give the lad the time to settle and adapt.

Edit:

Joelinton spotted at SJP ahead of his move

Last edited by Don Sholeone on Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Re: Joelinton to sign tomorrow?

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:33 pm

Hat trick on debut or he's s****

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:42 pm

In true Newcastle fashion he'll be a spectacular flop!

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:47 pm

I actually really like the sounds of him, assuming they actually still sign someone to play up top. A position we're now brutally thin at.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:30 pm

JOE LIN
JOE LIN
JOE LIN TIN!!!
I'll Hazard a guess

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:30 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:47 pm
I actually really like the sounds of him, assuming they actually still sign someone to play up top. A position we're now brutally thin at.
I thought this fella was a striker? Or do you mean another one as well? We definitely need at least two centre forwards in. Doesn't look like we will shift Gayle, so he'll do as third choice.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:32 pm

Happily have Gayle at 3rd choice over Joselu, Joelinton and another in and we aren't looking too bad up top. Bruce needs to decide where Muto fits in as well.

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:36 pm

Blue & Maroon wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:32 pm
Happily have Gayle at 3rd choice over Joselu, Joelinton and another in and we aren't looking too bad up top. Bruce needs to decide where Muto fits in as well.
Joselu has gone!

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:37 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:33 pm
Against Arsenal and nobody there to see it!

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:04 pm

UlversToon wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:36 pm
Blue & Maroon wrote:
Joselu has gone!
I took his post as meaning that he'd be okay with Gayle replacing the now-gone Joselu as third choice striker, and that's why we need two additions to shuffle him down to third on the depth chart.

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:05 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
<laugh>

Who's orchestrated this transfer if it goes ahead? I've been seeing us linked with him for a couple of weeks in gossip columns but Bruce can't have had owt to do with it, only joined yesterday <scratch>
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:06 pm

CIH wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:30 pm
Remember Colo wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:47 pm
I thought this fella was a striker? Or do you mean another one as well? We definitely need at least two centre forwards in. Doesn't look like we will shift Gayle, so he'll do as third choice.
It's unclear to me if he's a traditional #9, and admittedly I don't know what formation Bruce will use. But yeah, regardless we need another who I'd feel confident will produce goals.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:08 pm

Chappy wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:05 pm
overseasTOON wrote:
<laugh>

Who's orchestrated this transfer if it goes ahead? I've been seeing us linked with him for a couple of weeks in gossip columns but Bruce can't have had owt to do with it, only joined yesterday <scratch>
I've wondered that too. It's completely unclear to me who actually works at the club these days. Obviously Charnley wasn't the one turning the lights on in the office after Rafa and his team left, so I assume there are scouts and others kicking around, but with the complete lack of communication, it's been hard to know.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:41 pm

Chappy wrote:
overseasTOON wrote:
<laugh>

Most likely it would be Steve Nickson, head of recruitment. Along with Bruce and his two mates, we've a load of Steve's now. Anyway, we've been linked to this fella since about February. It's nothing to do with Bruce, and it's back to the old structure of head coach, where he will have little input on signings.

As for other strikers. We've been linked to Charlie Austin for 8m. He's 30 so I don't see that happening.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:25 pm

UlversToon wrote:
Blue & Maroon wrote:
Joselu has gone!
I know, what I meant was I'd rather do what we've done i.e. have Gayle back from his loan and flog Joselu, Gayle now being 3rd choice than have Joselu as our back up/3rd choice like last season. Joelinton, 1 other and Gayle isn't a bad choice, we will see what happens with Muto as well.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:26 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:04 pm
UlversToon wrote:

Joselu has gone!
I took his post as meaning that he'd be okay with Gayle replacing the now-gone Joselu as third choice striker, and that's why we need two additions to shuffle him down to third on the depth chart.
<ok>

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:34 pm

CIH wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:41 pm
Chappy wrote:

<laugh>

Most likely it would be Steve Nickson, head of recruitment. Along with Bruce and his two mates, we've a load of Steve's now. Anyway, we've been linked to this fella since about February. It's nothing to do with Bruce, and it's back to the old structure of head coach, where he will have little input on signings.

As for other strikers. We've been linked to Charlie Austin for 8m. He's 30 so I don't see that happening.
For that price we could do a lot worse. Austin would be a safe and experienced option to have. Knows were the goal is and works hard. Doesn't do nothing spectacular but is a fox in the box type player with good movement, awareness and if we manage to keep him fit would be useful especially with Joelitin coming in could work well with Austin playing as the no.9 and Joe as the no.10/second striker and Gayle as third choice with Muto in and around too. Not too shabby eh? Also if the Jarrod Bowen rumours are true then even better as we have a like for like replacement who's similar to Perez can play out wide, centrally, knows were the goal is and works hard plus he's younger and English so helps the home-grown quota.

Dubra
Yeds Lascelles Schar Dummet
Longstaff Hayden
Miggy Joelinton Bowen
Austin

Subs : Darlow, Lejune, Ritchie, Shelvey, Muto, Atsu, Gayle

Clark, Manquillo, Fernandez, Murphy, Saviet, Aarons, Sterry, Ki and Eliot all in the background as reserves too

Wishful thinking but if we actually do reinvest the Perez money then it's not too bad. Maybe even end up in the top 10 if things go our way. Just trying to stay positive. <awe>

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:43 pm

That's an absurdly attacking formation.

Also Hayden will be gone shortly. :(

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:46 pm

Sanchino wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:34 pm
CIH wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:41 pm

For that price we could do a lot worse. Austin would be a safe and experienced option to have. Knows were the goal is and works hard. Doesn't do nothing spectacular but is a fox in the box type player with good movement, awareness and if we manage to keep him fit would be useful especially with Joelitin coming in could work well with Austin playing as the no.9 and Joe as the no.10/second striker and Gayle as third choice with Muto in and around too. Not too shabby eh? Also if the Jarrod Bowen rumours are true then even better as we have a like for like replacement who's similar to Perez can play out wide, centrally, knows were the goal is and works hard plus he's younger and English so helps the home-grown quota.

Dubra
Yeds Lascelles Schar Dummet
Longstaff Hayden
Miggy Joelinton Bowen
Austin

Subs : Darlow, Lejune, Ritchie, Shelvey, Muto, Atsu, Gayle

Clark, Manquillo, Fernandez, Murphy, Saviet, Aarons, Sterry, Ki and Eliot all in the background as reserves too

Wishful thinking but if we actually do reinvest the Perez money then it's not too bad. Maybe even end up in the top 10 if things go our way. Just trying to stay positive. <awe>
Oh don't get me wrong, I think he'd be a decent signing, just don't think we will spend on an ageing injury prone player. Suppose we paid 6m for Fernandez, so it's possible. Absolutely would've loved to sign Austin a few years ago when he was at QPR, not had the best few years in terms of aforementioned injury issues. Would be a good signing as a backup though, not sure if he can play a full season any more.

That lineup does't look too bad, although I'd have Miggy through the middle behind Joelinton, with Ritchie on the wing and Austin benched. I think someone else described Joelinton as more a number 10. I don't know anything about him really, but I thought he was a striker. Could do with a bit more quality in midfield. Been linked again to McCarthy from Everton, not as young as he once was but a decent replacement for Hayden should he go.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:01 pm

I'd have had Austin a couple of years ago but he's past it now.