The next manager?

Slim999
Shelvey's Precious

Re: The next manager?

Post by Slim999 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:24 pm

Just trying to think a bit positively now.

Now that Bruce is here we should get behind him and the team- the latest signing is positive and we need a couple more.

Perhaps Bruce's recent contact with Arrons and Lazaar can work in our favour.

And unless I'm mistaken - the takeover is still on the cards ??

Think positively folks

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:32 pm

Slim999 wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:24 pm
Just trying to think a bit positively now.

Now that Bruce is here we should get behind him and the team- the latest signing is positive and we need a couple more.

Perhaps Bruce's recent contact with Arrons and Lazaar can work in our favour.

And unless I'm mistaken - the takeover is still on the cards ??

Think positively folks
I think the takeover is as good as dead. A three year deal for Bruce seems to signal Ashley expects to be here for a while. Everything else I agree with though. I think it's time to accept the s**** hand and go with it. Less uncertainty is helpful.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:45 pm

News coming out now that we paid 2m for the release of Bruce, Agnew and Clemence which was agreed with Sheff Wed only for their owner to get back in touch with us demanding a higher fee once they'd gone <laugh>
SpoilerShow
Steve Bruce shook hands with Sheffield Wednesday chairman Dejphon Chansiri over his departure from the club to become manager of Premier League Newcastle United, The Sheffield Star have reported.

Despite growing reports linking him with Newcastle in the lead-up to his appointment, Wednesday themselves did not actually comment on the situation onto several hours after Bruce’s move to St James’ Park was confirmed, at which point the Owls released a statement revealing that they are taking advice over outstanding legal issues surrounding the 58-year-old’s departure.

As well as Bruce, assistant managers Steve Agnew and Stephen Clemence have also made the move from Wednesday to Newcastle, and it is believed that a £2million compensation figure for the trio had been agreed and paid by the Magpies, leading Bruce to shake hands with Chansiri on his exit from the club, only for the Owls chairman to then return and demand a higher fee from the Premier League club.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:05 pm

Tsi wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:45 pm
News coming out now that we paid 2m for the release of Bruce, Agnew and Clemence which was agreed with Sheff Wed only for their owner to get back in touch with us demanding a higher fee once they'd gone <laugh>
SpoilerShow
Steve Bruce shook hands with Sheffield Wednesday chairman Dejphon Chansiri over his departure from the club to become manager of Premier League Newcastle United, The Sheffield Star have reported.

Despite growing reports linking him with Newcastle in the lead-up to his appointment, Wednesday themselves did not actually comment on the situation onto several hours after Bruce’s move to St James’ Park was confirmed, at which point the Owls released a statement revealing that they are taking advice over outstanding legal issues surrounding the 58-year-old’s departure.

As well as Bruce, assistant managers Steve Agnew and Stephen Clemence have also made the move from Wednesday to Newcastle, and it is believed that a £2million compensation figure for the trio had been agreed and paid by the Magpies, leading Bruce to shake hands with Chansiri on his exit from the club, only for the Owls chairman to then return and demand a higher fee from the Premier League club.
Well that's fairly shithouse from Wednesday if it's true. Seems like they thought they could take advantage of Ashely's reputation, knowing everyone would believe them, to make a quick buck after the fact.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:14 pm

Yeah it makes sense now when Bruce said it'll all come out in the wash about his departure.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:03 am

Despite my criticism of the hire and the process in hiring him, fans should support him and hope for the best, until he proves otherwise. I don't want him to do badly for the sake of being justified in being angry.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:10 am

Remember Colo wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:03 am
Despite my criticism of the hire and the process in hiring him, fans should support him and hope for the best, until he proves otherwise. I don't want him to do badly for the sake of being justified in being angry.
Same.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:31 am

Remember Colo wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:03 am
This. I haven’t decided if I’m boycotting yet (in London so it’s not an urgent decision; I’m not buying kit or Sports Direct stuff already), but if I am it’s not out of spite to Steve Bruce or because I want to see the team fail - quite the opposite. The problem is with the blokes in the directors’ box and them alone. Bruce is a symptom. Hopefully he can make the best of it.
I had the first custom w***

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:38 am

Newcastle United have been reported to the Premier League by Championship club Sheffield Wednesday over the appointment of the Owls’ former manager Steve Bruce.

SpoilerShow
(Reuters) - Newcastle United have been reported to the Premier League by Championship club Sheffield Wednesday over the appointment of the Owls’ former manager Steve Bruce.
The much-travelled Bruce, 58, quit the Yorkshire club last Monday following talks with Newcastle, who named him as manager on Wednesday to replace the departed Rafa Benitez.
Second tier side Wednesday responded by saying they were disappointed to hear the news of Bruce’s appointment via a public statement and were taking legal advice.
The Yorkshire club issued a statement here on their website on Monday which said:
“Following Newcastle United’s announcement on 17 July 2019 of its appointment of former Sheffield Wednesday staff Steve Bruce, Steve Agnew and Stephen Clemence, the Club confirms that it has today reported Newcastle United’s conduct to the Premier League.
“As the Premier League will now initiate and carry out investigations into the Club’s allegations, the Club will not be commenting further on this matter whilst such investigations are ongoing.”
Ex-Sunderland and Aston Villa boss Bruce, who is a Newcastle fan and now in charge of his 10th club, having had two spells at Wigan Athletic, was the manager at Wednesday for 18 games after taking over on Feb. 1 following Jos Luhukay’s sacking.
The former Manchester United defender only suffered three defeats at Wednesday and steered them to a 12th place finish.
https://in.reuters.com/article/soccer-e ... 6?rpc=401&

If the report in the local Sheffield Paper is true i can't see them having a leg to stand on.

Local paper article
SpoilerShow

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:53 pm

Clubs and the league make much bigger things than this go away, so I think this is a lot of smoke that'll come to nothing. Seems like a good way for Wednesday to earn extra faith from a fanbase that is already mad at Bruce.