Match day friend - friendly - PNE v NUFC

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: Match day friend - friendly - PNE v NUFC

Post by bodacious benny » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:58 pm

It’s a complete irrelevance really. Chelsea lost to some Japanese side the other day, Real let in 7 against Atletico.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:58 pm

Pre season is just about fitness, implanting new tactics/formations and match practice. We could have lost 7-0 here and still grind out a 1-0 win against Arsenal come Aug 11th. Good thing Joelinton and Miggy looked lively and threatening as a duo. The Saint Etinene game on Sat 3rd Aug will give us a clear indication of the starting XI against Arsenal.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:05 pm

All about the fitness and gelling. Hopefully next week we'll start with our starting XI, get a good look at where we are.

Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:11 pm

Blue & Maroon wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:05 pm
All about the fitness and gelling. Hopefully next week we'll start with our starting XI, get a good look at where we are.
I would agree on that if there wasn't just 5 friendlies. Two of those was without our new glorious head coach.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:46 pm

With regards to Dubravka, Bruce said that he wants to give Woodman and Darlow game time, Darlow is supposed to start on Tuesday night, he said something along the lines of wanting them ready to go if something happens to our number one. Can read into that 2 ways, just wants his back ups ready incase of injury, or there is a chance Dubravka could leave.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:56 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:46 pm
With regards to Dubravka, Bruce said that he wants to give Woodman and Darlow game time, Darlow is supposed to start on Tuesday night, he said something along the lines of wanting them ready to go if something happens to our number one. Can read into that 2 ways, just wants his back ups ready incase of injury, or there is a chance Dubravka could leave.
I'm optimistic that he's just being cautious and giving everyone a bit of game time. That being said, there's definitely a chance Dubravka can leave. He's a solid goalkeeper, easy get into the top ten prem not to mention a lot of decent sides across Europe. We're fortunate that it doesn't seem anyone is really in the market for a keeper at this stage. The scenario in my head was that he'd go to Everton to replace Pickford who in turn would replace De Gea. Fortunately that's not gonna happen now. If a club of that kind of level made a serious show of interest however, I think he's gone.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:31 pm

CIH wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:56 pm
Don Sholeone wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:46 pm
I'm optimistic that he's just being cautious and giving everyone a bit of game time. That being said, there's definitely a chance Dubravka can leave. He's a solid goalkeeper, easy get into the top ten prem not to mention a lot of decent sides across Europe. We're fortunate that it doesn't seem anyone is really in the market for a keeper at this stage. The scenario in my head was that he'd go to Everton to replace Pickford who in turn would replace De Gea. Fortunately that's not gonna happen now. If a club of that kind of level made a serious show of interest however, I think he's gone.
Agreed, there will always be a risk that with a keeper like him other teams will be interested. Though I don't think him not playing much during pre-season has anything to do with that. The club really does need to figure out who's next best among the remaining options, and pre-season really is the only time to do that.