Loan Updates

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Loan Updates

Post by Tsi » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:23 pm

There will be a few players going out on loan many of them under 23's i thought we could do a thread to follow their progress.
Granted some players leaving most won't be arsed how they do and will be just glad to get rid of them.
Anyway i'll try and remember to keep it updated if anyone is interested.

Currently on loan are
Dan Barlaser (Rotherham United)
Liam Gibson (Grimsby Town)
Nathan Harker (Blyth Spartans)
Freddie Woodman (Swansea city)
Jacob Murphy (Sheff Wed)

Loan news/rumours

Kelland Watts has been linked with a loan to Stevenage.
Jacob Murphy is having his medical at Sheffield Wednesday.
Rolando Aarons had been interesting Wigan but that has apparently broken down over wages.
Achraf Lazaar is reportedly away to Italy to enter negotiations with an un-named club.
Henri Saivet and Jamie Sterry are both set to make loan moves.

Outbound loan rules

Loan moves to Championship clubs must now also be completed by 5pm on Thursday, but League One and League Two clubs can take loan players until Monday September 2nd at 5pm.
Loans to European clubs must also be concluded by Monday September 2nd, but the times vary according to country (5pm in Scotland).

#thanks to https://www.nufc.com/ for the information provided (Toondes mk 2 <roll>)
Last edited by Tsi on Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Re: Loan Updates

Post by Colly » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:29 pm

<dotheameobi>

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:08 pm

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:31 pm

I was in a minority last season when I wanted Murphy to get a chance, but I know a WBA season ticket holder and she said he looked absolutely awful last season.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:48 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:31 pm
I was in a minority last season when I wanted Murphy to get a chance, but I know a WBA season ticket holder and she said he looked absolutely awful last season.
I wanted to see him get chances but he's looked like a dud apart from 2-3 games maybe.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:08 pm

Hopefully this loan might do him the world of good get his confidence back.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:58 am

I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:31 pm

Freddie Woodman (Swansea City):
Played the full 90 mins and saved a penalty in the 0-0 draw at Derby.
Penalty save at 1m 40s also a nice double save just after that.

Some Swansea fans comments on Freddie
SpoilerShow
Excellent keeper whose leagues above what we have on our books.
I questioned him last week, but today he was a real gem. Consistency though is the objective. By fück he's brave mind, I love that in any swans player.
He looks an upgrade on either of last seasons keepers.

He’s a little bit short, which causes him to punch/flap in situations the likes of Mulder could catch easily. Given last seasons set piece frailty as a team, that’s always going to be a concern. To be fair, I doubt Newcastle would let us have him if he was 6’5 and had the skillset he does.
Other than that, I can’t fault him. He does everything right, commands his defence and isn’t afraid to put his body on the line. That wasn’t a bad penalty yesterday, really good save.
SpoilerShow
Jacob Murphy (Sheffield Wednesday):
Scored 2 mins into his debut for Sheff Wed in a 2-0 win over Barnsley.
Substituted in the 74 min
Some Sheff Wed fans view on Jacob
SpoilerShow
It’s not just the pace though, they both can pass the ball and put a good cross in, the final product is much better than when Antonio was here.
Both (Murphy and other new signing Kadeem) strike me as the sort of players that are going to frustrate with poor decision making and lack of end product.

Both also strike me as absolute lightning and able to create half a dozen chances between them per game just by being absolute lightning.
Pace, trickery and strength.
Pretty much everything there that defenders hate playing against.
It’s so refreshing to watch players bomb forward after years of backwards passing tippy tappy snore fests
SpoilerShow
Dan Barlaser (Rotherham United):
The Millers lost 0-2 at home to Lincoln City in League One on Saturday, midfielder Dan in the starting XI but withdrawn in the 57th minute.

Nathan Harker (Blyth Spartans):
Played the full 90m for Blyth as they lost 3-0 to Alfreton Town.

Liam Gibson (Grimsby Town):
1-1 draw with Bradford Liam is injured so didn't feature.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:57 am

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:39 pm

Confirmed that Elias has joined Carlisle and Kell Watts has joined Stevenage.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:43 pm

Elias Sorensen (Carlisle United):
56th minute Sub in a 0-2 loss to Mansfield Town.
Not many comments on how he played on their forums bar the one below most of the comments were directed at how tactically bad their manager was, which might explain why he played Elias on the right.
I thought he was garbage as well. However not his fault. He stated in his interview he goes in the right areas and scores goals. He isn’t going to score goals playing there, a really dodgy and bad decision by Pressley today.

Kelland Watts (Stevenage):
Played the full 90 mins in a goaless draw with Leyton Orient.

Back from injury he was a unused sub.

Started the game and was subbed in the 72nd min in a 1-0 at Burton Albion.

Blyth lost 0-1 to Hereford Nathan played the full game.

Played the full game as City beat Preston North End 3-2.

Lost 1-0 to Millwall despite the home side playing most of the game with ten men. Jacob played the full game.

Sheff Wed fans comments on how Murphy played:
SpoilerShow
Murphy was poor
Tend to agree with you about Murphy but he got a bit better in 2nd half. He'd have been subbed for FF if my application for manager had been taken seriously by DC.
Didn't see as much of the ball as Harris, but was still a threat to Millwall, despite things not really going for him.
Murphy to me wasn't as ineffective on the right as some have suggested. Quality of the crossing needs improving though.
took the wrong option all the time
not as bad as others are making out

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:09 pm

I applaud your detail <cheers>

Murphy seems very hit and miss. Will have a decent game then a run of very average ones.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:57 pm

<gent>

To be fair to Murphy there was a lot of comments on how poorly the whole team played and in player ratings he wasn't the worst by far on the forums.
Sorensen is a bit more concerning if the manager is going to stick him on the wing and going off their forum they're not too impressed with the managers tactics.
From what i can gather though he wasn't mentioned by name Watts had a decent game as a few fans mentioned that the guys that came in at CB due to their 2 main CB's being injured had a really good game.
It'll be interesting to see how he gets on as he started his career as a midfielder before moving to CB.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:29 pm

Not a good day for Murphy as he was hauled off at HT and not a good day for Sheff Wed as they lost 2-1 to Preston

Some fans comments on Murphy
SpoilerShow
Hate to slate our own players but Murphy & Harris have both been dull the last 2-3 matches
Seems teams have already figured them out, look predictable when going at defenders. Need to change this immediately or our system won’t work
Honestly it is true. Harris tries to cut in every time while the defender reads it every time.
Murphy tries to dribble in the wrong places (our end)
Just back home from Preston and to be honest we where so poor until Adthe came on. Also wondering if there's some clause in the Murphy loan deal if fit must start cus he was desperately poor again today
Not sure yet about Murphy maybe he needs more games
To be fair to Murphy from reading the forums it seems their whole team played badly.

Easy day for Freddie in a 3-0 win over Birmingham as they failed to register a single shot on target.

Kelland Watts (Stevenage):
Played the full 90mins in a 0-0 draw at Mansfield Town. Stevenage have conceded 1 goal since Kelland went there on loan in the 3 games he has played previous to that Stevenage conceded 5 goals in the first 3 games of the season.
No comments on him from fans except for a few on the defence as a whole.
SpoilerShow
Our defence has been brilliant, particularly considering the issues
Defensively we look solid even with our back three injured.
we are defending solidly
Their main concern is scoring goals which doesn't help when they have their main strikers out injured.
Their team seems to be having a injury crisis as they have 3 CB's out injured as well.

Elias Sorensen (Carlisle United):
Carlisle 2-2 Salford City, Elias came off the bench on 59 mins with the score 2-2.

Again not involved in a 5-2 victory over Port Vale after failing to recover from an unspecified illness that also sidelined him in midweek.

Kept his first clean sheet in a 0-0 draw at Bradford Park Avenue on Saturday.
Playing today current score is Blyth Spartans 1 - 4 Guiseley at half time <erk>
Edit: game finished 4-1 to Guiseley, Harker not having the best of times at Blyth atm and neither is Lee Clark.

No game this weekend.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:26 pm

Lee Clark's career as a manager hasn't exactly gone how people imagined...

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:26 pm

We used to have a couple of active Blyth supporters on here at one time, shame they're not here now would be good to get an insight into them.

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:29 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:26 pm
I'd disagree. It's gone exactly how I'd imagine. I mean he was hardly going to be any good was he?

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:30 pm

Tsi wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:26 pm
We used to have a couple of active Blyth supporters on here at one time, shame they're not here now would be good to get an insight into them.
Lee Clarke is a s*** manager still living off doing half decent with Huddersfield about a decade ago. They haven't invested and have brought in a load of Northern League part timers to replace their play off team.

Shame The Heed won't play them earlier than Christmas as I'd love to give the twats a hammering.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:31 pm

TJR wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:29 pm
Remember Colo wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:26 pm
I'd disagree. It's gone exactly how I'd imagine. I mean he was hardly going to be any good was he?
s*** manager who had brought in s*** signings <laugh> <diva>

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:42 pm

Blue & Maroon wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:31 pm
TJR wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:29 pm

s*** manager who had brought in s*** signings <laugh> <diva>
Yeah. What makes it worse is he talks in sound bites. Whenever he's on total sport it's so cringeworthy.

I'm just glad he's got a job so he's no longer on Look North on Monday nights. When he was it was probably the most atrocious punditry I've suffered through.

I don't mean to have a go at him either. I used to think he was ok as a player but he's out of his depth in managment and even more so as a pundit.