Home game seating suggestions

Gunit16
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member

Home game seating suggestions

Post by Gunit16 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:38 am

Hi all.

I'm an Aussie that is beginning to plan a trip to the UK, involving a trip to Newcastle to see the home game against Man City on November 30th. I'm more of a casual supporter and have never been to an EPL match, although I am dead set on heading north to see this match.

Can anybody offer The best seating location/s to see the game and be among the atmosphere without being too overwhelmed by the serious supporters? Does anybody have any experience with tickets to the Barracks area of the stadium?

Lastly, has anybody done a stadium tour either on a regular day or on match day?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Re: Home game seating suggestions

Post by Toondes » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:38 am

Hi ,
I’d say pretty much anywhere is decent for atmosphere and you won’t be overwhelmed by anyone. I sit in the gallowgate corner which is supposed to be the singing corner but to be honest is no different to any part of the ground. Avoid the the upper tiers as you’ll need binoculars to see.

Never done a tour but I’ve heard there’s a couple of different options. There’s one where you can walk the stadium roof if thats your thing?
# stolen from nufc.com :)

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:04 am

Try and get a seat which doesn't face the pitch! ;)

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:22 am

I’ve been in the Sir John Hall Sports Bar seats before and the atmosphere was nonexistent so I’d avoid those. Unless you’re after a comfy seat.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:39 am

Yeah I wouldn't agree that the atmosphere is the same all the way round. If you want the noisy bit it's the South East corner where Toondes is, if you want to be slightly out of the 'serious' bit (honestly, you'd be fine there) just book one of the adjacent blocks of the Gallowgate end. I sit in the middle of the East which is relatively quiet but for me the best view in the ground, though it is basic as it's the only bit that can't be developed, but because of that it's way cheaper than the equivalent seats in the Milburn. All comes down to whether you prefer a side on or behind the goal view really.

Gunit16
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member

Post by Gunit16 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:50 am

Great answers thanks.