Netflix Recommendations

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: Netflix Recommendations

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:54 pm

Just finished watching Breaking Bad for the third time - still sets the benchmark for brilliant TV.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:11 am

Don Sholeone wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:27 am
Tsi wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:40 pm

SpoilerShow
I think there has been a big swing where she is concerned, under the old head she was seen as the lead and everything they did had to either be signed off by her or implemented by her (type of questions etc.) Now under the new head she seems to be having her influence and importance eroded whether that is due to the fallout of the Holden Incident we'll find out. It's like she is either blamed or not trusted for not being FBI by the new head. I get where you're coming from with the arrogance but she was pretty much like that in the first season. I think the whole concern thing with Holden was more that she was concerned he'd f*** it up again and the FBI would shut it down rather than concern for him.
SpoilerShow
Just finished season 2, agree that it's not as good as the first one, think this one lost the balance of the first, I like them solving crimes but think this second season focused too much on solving the Atlanta murders and put the interviews on a back seat, maybe would have been more interesting to introduce Wayne Williams a bit earlier and have more scenes with him to cover the lack of inteviews as the interactions with the killers is really what makes this show great
SpoilerShow
I'd also like to see more interviews or longer scenes covering the interviews. I can see why the Atlanta child murders was covered the way it was as it is a very bizarre/controversial case to say the least. From what i've read the real FBI agent (Holden character) was suspended/reprimanded over this case for coming out and stating to the press that Williams was the killer of the children even though he was only charged with the murders of 2 adults and the remaining 22 child murders cases closed ( they have reopened the cases) on the order of Commissioner Lee Brown and Mayor Jackson.The show pointed out that the commissioner and mayor really wanted the cases to just disappear as it affected their plans for attracting investment to Atlanta. Very political and add in the fact that half the victims families believe Williams is a scapegoat and the KKK killed the children ( which was sort of skipped over by the show) then it becomes even more f***ed up. If anything the show has got everyone talking about it and like i said they have reopened the cases of the 22 kids killed whether that's down to the show who knows but it seems likely. So even though it's not as good as the first one for me it is definitely more thought provoking that's for sure.
Last edited by Tsi on Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:41 pm

Watched the first episode of Mindhunter Season 2 last night...my biggest issue is that because there was a break between series I can't remember the politics of what happened at the end of series 1...
SpoilerShow
Such as why was there tension between the three main characters, how did he end up in the Mental Hospital, and why does the FBI Director guy hate him so much...
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:53 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:41 pm
Watched the first episode of Mindhunter Season 2 last night...my biggest issue is that because there was a break between series I can't remember the politics of what happened at the end of series 1...
SpoilerShow
Such as why was there tension between the three main characters, how did he end up in the Mental Hospital, and why does the FBI Director guy hate him so much...
SpoilerShow
The tension is because of the internal investigation due to the interview with Richard Speck and the deleting of part of the interview which Gregg Smith tells the internal affairs guys about (this could be a spoiler <erk> ) as he admits it in season 2 also Holden is a bit of a loose cannon wanting to push ahead with his theories that the others see as getting them in this mess in the first place. Holden ended up in hospital after visiting Ed Kemper in hospital and having a massive panic attack again it only comes out about his anxiety and panic attacks in this season. The FBI director reveals what happened and why he hates him at his leaving party.
There is also a catch up trailer of season one on Netflix <ok>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:40 pm

Tsi wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:53 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:41 pm
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
The tension is because of the internal investigation due to the interview with Richard Speck and the deleting of part of the interview which Gregg Smith tells the internal affairs guys about (this could be a spoiler <erk> ) as he admits it in season 2 also Holden is a bit of a loose cannon wanting to push ahead with his theories that the others see as getting them in this mess in the first place. Holden ended up in hospital after visiting Ed Kemper in hospital and having a massive panic attack again it only comes out about his anxiety and panic attacks in this season. The FBI director reveals what happened and why he hates him at his leaving party.
There is also a catch up trailer of season one on Netflix <ok>
<ok>

I should really remember to watch the catchup trailers!

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:01 pm

Apparently South Park is coming to Netflix <diva>
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:14 am

Watched the spy over the weekend. Would highly recommend.
I'll Hazard a guess

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:09 am

Unbelievable is worth a watch

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:41 pm

Tsi wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:09 am
I can't believe that! <whistle>

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:06 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:41 pm
Tsi wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:09 am
I can't believe that! <whistle>
<wenger>

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:10 pm

Not Netflix but so glad someone has made this and set it faithfully to the H.G. Wells novel and not some s*** American version starring shitty f*** face Cruise or a crap 1950's B movie type film.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:24 am

El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie is on netflix now wasn't too bad thought it was pretty good.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:34 pm

Yeah it was fine, nothing to write home about but watchable.
SpoilerShow
Was good seeing Skinny P and Badger helping out Jesse as he battled some demons and got away. The biggest thing that struck me was how much weight Todd had put on, clearly enjoying life <laugh>

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:48 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:34 pm
Yeah it was fine, nothing to write home about but watchable.
SpoilerShow
Was good seeing Skinny P and Badger helping out Jesse as he battled some demons and got away. The biggest thing that struck me was how much weight Todd had put on, clearly enjoying life <laugh>
SpoilerShow
Yeah i was like come on you could of at least try to get into shape, i was drunk when i first watched it and posted about it (hence the 3.20am post <erk> ) so watched it again. Although not a classic like the series but then again i didn't expect it to be as the series built over a season and a 2 hr movie really couldn't do that, i was happy with a lot of it though.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:27 am

Finally getting round to watching season three of stranger things. I prefer it to season two so far, but only two episodes in.

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:53 am

The Irishman looks like it'll be a decent watch...
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:14 pm

Chappy wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:53 am
Considered putting that on at 9pm last night but saw it was 3.5 hours long <laugh>

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:41 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:14 pm
Chappy wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:53 am
Considered putting that on at 9pm last night but saw it was 3.5 hours long <laugh>
Thought it was ok but nothing special not worth sitting through 3 and a half hours <laugh>

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:40 am

Films of that length show a director who doesn't have anyone their to edit them and a severe lack of respect for audiences.
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:17 am

I'm not a fan of most Tarrantino films as they're just so over-indulgent by him, most of them could have a good 45 minutes cut out and you wouldn't lose much from the overall experience.