Re: Liverpool vs NUFC

Post by UlversToon » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:00 pm

Well that went well! <neg>

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:02 pm

Wasn't really a change, we were doing alright just fresh legs for Farth and looked like Almiron was struggling. Shame, but we've not been bad at all.

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:11 pm

Colly wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:46 pm
Donkey Toon wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:35 pm

Plan B?

You're gonna have to remind me, it's been a while since I heard of one of those.
In fairness we're still attacking, Almiron's higher up and we've had a couple of chances. Under Rafa we'd have shut up shop for the precious goal difference.

Still in this until they get a third.
I agree. I'm enjoying seeing us at least try to play some football.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:21 pm

Muto was in there and onside. Utterly baffles me as to why the Premier League have decided to go against the rest of the VAR using world and not asking linesman not to flag the close ones. Stupid.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:22 pm

Not been watching the game, decided on a nap instead, I had a quick check on twitter though and apparently losing 3-1 to Liverpool is 100% down to Bruce <laugh>

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:23 pm

At least we played quite well considering the quality of the opposition and were in the game for 75 minutes.

Onwards and upwards but we need to beat Brighton next week.

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:24 pm

Meh, expected to lose and in all honesty we did better than I thought we would. Had our moments and looked pretty good in parts. Better teams than us will come away from Anfield with a bigger defeat than that this season.

Onto the next game.

Lidl
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by Lidl » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:25 pm

That was fine, not a bad performance they're just a better team. Still not much of a fan of Shelvey in there but I guess limited choices...Krafth needs dropping too.

Oh and think we could do with some competition for Dubravka, he's been a bit sloppy since second half of last season to be honest.
If This Is How You Folks Make Art, Well That's f***ing Depressing

Get It On My Back You Slag!

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:28 pm

Thought we played well enough. Two errors were punished as you'd expect from Liverpool.

Never expected anything from this match though so onwards and hopefully upwards in the next match.

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:58 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:24 pm
Meh, expected to lose and in all honesty we did better than I thought we would. Had our moments and looked pretty good in parts. Better teams than us will come away from Anfield with a bigger defeat than that this season.

Onto the next game.
This. Some individual shout outs go to Willems for that beauty of a goal and Atsu who looked at times a unrecognizable player, he was making the right decisions when to pass, when to dribble/move with the ball and when to cross I mean apart from that mistake he made to concede there second goal he was our MOTM. We didn't play badly just the difference in class shone through at times and Liverpool are not only one of the best teams in the Prem but in Europe so no harm done losing 3-1 to a world class side. I was impressed with the first half and parts of the second, give us a glimpse that this 3-4-3 formation is better than the 3-5-2 formation we tried beforehand and we should have enough (fingers crossed) to stay out of any trouble come the end of the season, just need to start performing and beating the teams we expect to win against not just the top 6. Have to start winning now, got some very tough games after Brighton such as Leicester (a), Man United (h) and Chelsea (a) so Brighton's looking like 100% a must win as I don't see us getting many if any points until the Wolves & West Ham matches in November.

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:08 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:22 pm
Not been watching the game, decided on a nap instead, I had a quick check on twitter though and apparently losing 3-1 to Liverpool is 100% down to Bruce <laugh>
More so down to Krath and Dubravka.

We didn't do too bad really. Krath made a massive error in the build up to there first. Atsu lost the ball in the build up to the second before Dubravka attempted one of the worst pieces of goalkeeping this season. The third was just a good goal.

Krath missed a glorious chance to make it 2-2. I don't understand how a proffesional footballer can f*** up so badly with that much time there. His body shape was all wrong, he was leaning back and it was always going to end up miles over. When your about 8 you're taught to get your knee over the ball and with the amount of time he had there is no excuse for that. I don't know why he's starting, Manquillo is a much better player.

Willems finish was brilliant for our goal. Shame we couldn't build on it. If Krath had of made it 2-2 who knows but we didn't disgrace ourselves and most teams who visit Anfield this season will do well to only get beat by 2.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:33 pm

Krath?!? He's been here a while now, surely you can spell his name? Farth.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:37 pm

Colly wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:33 pm
Farth of Amiens to give him his full name.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:49 pm

Did okay at times today, anything less than a win against Brighton next week isn’t good enough.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:17 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:37 pm
Colly wrote:
Farth of Amiens to give him his full name.
Farth af Amiens.

seaside nipper
Spain (Morata)
Spain (Morata)

Post by seaside nipper » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:13 pm

Predictable, even after scoring first, you just felt the Scouse class would tell. That for me is part of the problem. The Toon felt that here was an inevitable Liverpool surge that was going to put us in an irretrievable position. We sat too deep and invited the inevitable, yet again. We need to gel, we need Bruce to get his forward thinking head on, and rapidly.
I just hope that we can get a blend with the emphasis on attack , especially against 'our peers' the Brightons of this world. We looked utterly bereft, if not completely lost at Anfield today. Hopefully Almiron didn't get left in the fog of right wing supporting role ffs
Clydeside & Tyneside

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:31 pm

Did we though? We got caught out by two mistakes, but I wouldn't say we say any deeper than our usual counter attacking formation, and the full backs kept getting forward. A bit more cutting edge (Almiron was better today, Joelinton needs to be more selfish and have a shot more often) and we get that second goal and the game is a lot more interesting. Even at 2-1 the game was far from over, and this is against the potential title winners. Bereft is incredibly harsh, especially with the injury issues we have.

Thought Shelvey had a better game today too, in a game where we didn't have much possession he had made some key passes, particularly that one up to Almiron which Joelinton fluffed with the poor pass to Farth. He covered some ground too which makes a refreshing change, if he could do that consistently I'd be a lot more positive about him.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:36 pm

I thought for the first half of each half we looked calm and composed and threatened a bit, but as each half went on we definitely seemed to sit deeper and deeper and had very few outlets to relieve the pressure.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:08 pm

Colly wrote:
Anyone started calling him Krapth yet? <roll>