Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Re: Loan Updates

Post by Remember Colo » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:03 pm

TJR wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:29 pm
Remember Colo wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:26 pm
Lee Clark's career as a manager hasn't exactly gone how people imagined...
I'd disagree. It's gone exactly how I'd imagine. I mean he was hardly going to be any good was he?
Well clearly that's the case now, but he got a lot of positive attention around here 10 years ago when he was managing Huddersfield and people thought it was only a matter of time he advanced. Those takes didn't age well, but his steady decline through the managerial ranks has made it seem inevitable.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:37 pm

Freddie Woodman (Swansea City):
Kept a clean sheet in the 1-0 win at Leeds. Swansea moved to the top of the league with the win by a goal scored by an ex Newcastle player Wayne Routledge.

Swansea fans views on Woodman after the game:
SpoilerShow
Special mention for Woodman. With the one exception where he got lucky, his assured performance, particularly under the high ball is making a massive difference
Defensively Swansea were fantastic today with Joe Rodon being the pick of the bunch and I was impressed with Freddie Woodman.
Woodman caught nearly every cross immense performance
Freddie Woodman is already looking the business get him signed in Jan
Jacob Murphy (Sheffield Wednesday):
Started on the bench coming on in the 75th min but was unable to help Sheff Wed as they went down 2-1 to QPR.
Looking at the forums and social media the problem for Sheff Wed fans is that they feel they desperately need a manager before their season derails with many saying Bullen is out of his depth with the players not having any direction.

I couldn't find any comments on Murphys performance just on the team performance so i added them as it gives you some idea what's going on rather than thinking he's just s*** <laugh>

Sheff Wed fans comments after the match:
SpoilerShow
hopeless but down to what is laughingly called our formation.
Struggled today
I'll tell you what, i'm done after this season if this is how it's going to be. We had that glimmer of hope in the first match, we looked class (albeit now we realise against a poor side) and all that has gone. We're crap, as crap as when Jos was here.
- We don't move the ball quickly enough
- There is no communication (That's why we play as 11 individuals bickering with each other)
- The performance wasn't acceptable
think you can see in it in Bullen's response after the game he's angry about what our players thought was an acceptable level of performance yesterday.
Maybe he needs to look closer to home. Give the players a structure to play in and in general they will. The manager changing the formation from game to game and the players don't know their arris from there elbow is down to the manager.
Not one player got above a 5 on their player ratings.

Dan Barlaser (Rotherham United):
Not a great performance from Dan who was replaced at half time.

Liam Gibson (Grimsby Town):
Liam came on as a 78th minute sub in a 3-1 at Walsall.

Elias Sorensen (Carlisle United):
Substituted at half time in a 1-0 win away at Scunthorpe United.
Again i couldn't find any comments on how Elias played but once again like Sheff Wed another bunch of supporters really pissed off with how they play and how the manager seems clueless <laugh>
this comment pretty much sums it up.
Reading the comments on today's game I'm assuming most didn't go to Scunthorpe as I did. We were awful, no obvious game plan. I'll take the 3 points but I don't want to watch crap like that. The fans want to be entertained enjoy the match. Elvis must either sharpen up or ship out. His " style" of football is pissing me off and ruining my love of football. End of rant
Kelland Watts (Stevenage):
Played the full game and has done well since joining Stevenage the one blip is that whilst leading 2-1 he conceded a 85th minute penalty in the 2-2 draw with Macclesfield Town.
Not many comments on Kelland but the few that did comment said he had a good game bar the pen with a few saying it was a harsh decision.

Nathan Harker (Blyth Spartans):,
Nathan was dropped to the bench for the game at Leamington it didn't seem to change the result as Blyth lost 2-0.

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:45 pm

Cheers for these TSI <ok>

good to hear about Woodman, early days yet but it sounds lhe could step up to be our first choice in the long run. Especially with regerds to claiming crosses, as Dubravka's decision making leaves a lot to be desired

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:01 pm

Woodman sounds like he's doing really well, maybe first choice next season?

Sorensen seems like he's got another s*** loan move.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:20 pm

Yeah sounds great for Woodman, if he carries on at this rate he’ll be want to be playing next season be it with us or elsewhere. Ideal scenario is Swansea go up and he stays on loan there next season in the PL then ready for us after that. Or if we get relegated and Dubravka goes then he can be our number 1 next season <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:01 pm

Yeah he's doing really good at Swansea i read somewhere that he has the second best distribution rating as well with over 90% pass accuracy, ok the majority of those will be pretty simple passes but it's good to read.
As for Sorensen it seems he's in the same boat as Murphy as in playing in a team where the manager seems pretty clueless about tactics and formations that's the impression i got reading the forums anyway.
Some insight into why he took Elias off
SpoilerShow
“They gave us great respect. They played a 4-1-4-1 formation. The tried to flood the middle of the park and not allow us to get our fluency. To be fair, they did it to good effect. We couldn’t find those areas, and we had to go a little more direct to try and break their press.
“We have to win more of those types of contacts and link the game better. That was the reason for my substitution at half-time. We couldn’t get a foothold in the game. We were getting forced to play a little longer at times, and we needed to get and win first contacts more.
“You’ve got to understand the reason I’ve brought in the different types of strikers is that I think strikers will suit certain games. Our opinion was in this game, we had watched quite a lot of footage, and we felt that one of their deficiencies was the movement and speed of a striker in behind the two centre-backs.
“We never got in the number 10 position where we could really exploit that movement. So it became a game where we had to make a change based on how it was panning out, and Loft gave us a different type of option.”

around the 3m40 mark for his reasons

The one that seems to be doing a good job and going under the radar compared to others on loan is Kelland Watts he's been pretty impressive by all accounts at Stevenage.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:47 pm

Short one this week as only Watts and Aarons got game time the rest were unused subs. Watts played the full 90 in a 4-2 defeat against Cheltenham town whereas Aarons came off the bench in the 96th min in a 3-1 win over Lincoln city.
Oh yeah Lazaar is currently playing in a friendly the score is Cosenza 0-0 Lecce.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:15 pm

Freddie Woodman (Swansea City):

Played the full match and was Swansea's star man according to Wales online and other media outlets in the 0-1 home loss to Nottingham Forest.

Swansea fans comments during and after the match:
SpoilerShow
Brilliant save by Woodman. He'll be worth 10+ points on his own this season.
Great reaction by Woodman gathering it.He is saving our raggedy asses thusfar.
Rodon, Routs, and Woodman were great, but the rest were pretty ragged looking
Plenty of goats to scape today. Bidwell was no worse than the rest apart from Woodman.
Rolando Aarons (Wycombe Wanderers):

Rolando wasn't involved.Not sure if he's injured.

Jacob Murphy (Sheffield Wednesday):

Started the the game in a 2-0 win against Huddersfield Town, replaced on the hour.

Sheff wed fans comments:
SpoilerShow
Murphy looked like a bit of a passenger
Murphy looked a bit lost at times and didn't track back
I don’t rate him
He's got it, he just can't find it at present.
Fookin' awful. Looked half-arsed, and his quality on the ball was abysmal. Needs to up his game...and quick.

Murphy was disappointing, didn’t even seem to put full effort in.
not great... we looked better when he went off
another who saunters about, needs to increase work rate and work on crossing, badly
lots more comments but all of them the same as the ones above :(

Came off the bench on 75 minutes in a 6-1 humping to Bolton Wanderers .

Played 62 mins in a 2-2 draw at Oldham Athletic, was good to see him play after a brief illness (Liam suffers from the condition Ulcerative colitis) and hopefully he can kick on .

Nathan Harker (Blyth Spartans):

Back in the starting lineup in a 2-0 loss to Southport.

Played the full 90 in a 2-3 home defeat by Carlisle.

Unused sub in the 3-2 win at Stevenage.

Achraf Lazaar (Cosenza):

Does anyone care <laugh>
Seriously though he was hooked at half time in a 2-1 defeat to Pescara

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:25 pm

Mixed bag! Really encouraging noises about Woodman, does mean that he’ll want first team football next season and probably won’t want to regress by sitting on our bench...

Murphy struggling again as he did at WBA most of the time, we might as well release Lazaar <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:10 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:25 pm
Mixed bag! Really encouraging noises about Woodman, does mean that he’ll want first team football next season and probably won’t want to regress by sitting on our bench...

Murphy struggling again as he did at WBA most of the time, we might as well release Lazaar <laugh>
Yeah a mixed bag indeed for me the two stand outs from a performance perspective and what the forums are saying is Watts and Woodman both having really good loans. The disappointment is Sorensen but reading what the Carlisle fans say it's the manager, they all call him clueless and he chops and changes his formation all the time. He does seem to like a big guy up front to lump it to which doesn't suit Sorensens game.
As for the rest apart from Aarons (mainly as he hasn't played yet), Sorensen and Harker who seems to be having a hell of a time in a s*** team they seem like they aren't going to cut it. Bit unfair on Gibson but his condition seems the major factor in him not getting game time. Time will tell with Aarons but i see his time here finished but you never know.

omegaprimevkm
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by omegaprimevkm » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:27 pm

Woodman sounds like he's more likely to go down the Fraser Forster path. I can't see him taking the no. 1 jersey from Dubravka, even though I wouldn't complain if they trialled him in that position, as I actually don't think Dubravka is anything special compared to other Premier League goalkeepers.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:44 pm

omegaprimevkm wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:27 pm
Woodman sounds like he's more likely to go down the Fraser Forster path. I can't see him taking the no. 1 jersey from Dubravka, even though I wouldn't complain if they trialled him in that position, as I actually don't think Dubravka is anything special compared to other Premier League goalkeepers.
A lot depends on this season. If we went down then I doubt Dubravka would stay, meaning Woodman would probably become our #1 in the Championship. If we stay up then Dubravka likely to stay so no place for Woodman.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:10 pm

I'd be happy to see Woodman come in as number 1 next season as things stand. Dubravka isn't playing particularly well this season and Woodman is. He's earning his plaudits.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:21 am

Some mid week games for some of our loans

Rolando Aarons (Wycombe Wanderers):

Picked up a knock in his debut and has missed two games now including Tuesdays 1-1 draw with Accrington Stanley.

Unused sub yet again, this loan is turning into a waste of time as he's play 113 minutes out of a possible 630 so far. He watched on as his team drew 0-0 with Forest Green Rovers.

Another 90mins for Watts in a 0-1 home loss to Northampton Town. No comments on the forums about Watts but plenty said about some players being s*** (main gripe is midfield) with others arguing it's either the managers fault or the chairman for not bringing in an experienced guy as manager. Despite all this he seems to be doing ok in what seems like a tough situation.

Edit found one comment on Watts:
Watts was great again today, he is class and will have an awesome career.
<notbad>

After 60 mins on Sat Liam played the full 90 on Tuesday in a 0-1 at Salford City. Good to see him get his first 90 mins since going out on loan.

Not in the starting line up and came on as a 93rd minute sub against the mackems in a 1-1 draw at the SOL.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:18 pm

The club (Shola?) really dropped the ball on Sorensen's loan. Clearly the manager there had no plans for him, and hasn't a clue how to use his players.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:32 pm

There's only so much you can do as the loaning club though, if Carlisle are being useless all you can really do is pull him back and send him elsewhere in January. Don't forget what we did (f*** all) with Giuseppe Rossi, and that was during a striker injury crisis.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:51 pm

Colly wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:32 pm
There's only so much you can do as the loaning club though, if Carlisle are being useless all you can really do is pull him back and send him elsewhere in January. Don't forget what we did (**** all) with Giuseppe Rossi, and that was during a striker injury crisis.
Yeah. Still gave him more appearances than Man Utd ever did though.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:32 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:18 pm
The club (Shola?) really dropped the ball on Sorensen's loan. Clearly the manager there had no plans for him, and hasn't a clue how to use his players.
I actually thought Carlisle was a good place for him when it happened, from reading forums and the like unfortunately the manager doesn't seem to know what his best formation or starting 11 is. Add in the fact that when they've won they've played direct and he's played on the right in some games both don't suit his style of play. It's still early yet and things might change between now and Jan if they don't we just pull him out and send him elsewhere for the rest of the season.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:14 pm

He’s in danger of becoming the next Adam Campbell with a series of pointless loan moves.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:26 pm

Tsi wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:32 pm
Remember Colo wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:18 pm
I actually thought Carlisle was a good place for him when it happened, from reading forums and the like unfortunately the manager doesn't seem to know what his best formation or starting 11 is. Add in the fact that when they've won they've played direct and he's played on the right in some games both don't suit his style of play. It's still early yet and things might change between now and Jan if they don't we just pull him out and send him elsewhere for the rest of the season.
I guess I'm curious what conversations happen when loans get agreed. I'd like to think the clubs discuss formations, roles, and the like to ensure it's mutually beneficial, but then it becomes apparent sometimes they don't have any plan for how to use the player.