Villa (A) - 1pt
City (H) - 0pt
Sheff U (A) - 1pt
Southampton (H) - 3pt
Burnley (A) - 1pt
Palace (H) - 3pt
Man U (A) - 0pt
Everton (H) - 1pt

That would be 25pts from 19 games - with opportunities to surpass that at Villa, Sheff U, Burnley and at home to Everton. In my opinion that would be a really strong first half to the season - and just short of 2/3 of the way to safety.

What are everyone else’s expectations?
I had the first custom w***

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Re: 25pts by New Year?

Post by Blue & Maroon » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:25 pm

Think we will lose to Sheff and/or Burnley but that will still be 23 24 points before the new year, decent haul. Much better than I expected even a few weeks ago

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:23 pm

When you consider that 4 of the 5 games we've lost have been against Liverpool, Leicester, Chelsea and Arsenal, i.e. 3 of the top 4 and another decent side, I think we are doing pretty well so far. I think 25 pts wouldn't be unrealistic.

Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Sir Bobby » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:23 pm

9 of our first 11 games were against the top 11 from last season. Pretty much the hardest start in the league (again). If we’re able to create some consistency over the next 10 games then we’ll have some real momentum behind us for a top half finish. Big if though

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:27 am

For us I don’t think it really matters to an extent if the games are against teams who finished higher up the league (stupid as it sounds). We seem to raise our game / be better suited to those matches rather than when we play a Brighton / Watford etc.

Having seen the Sheffield Utd game yesterday I wouldn’t be surprised at all if we lost there, we could easily lose our next three games and we could equally maybe pick up 4 points - it’s hard to call.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:56 am

We suit the counter attack, so away games and teams like Bournemouth definitely work for us, but I'd like to think that as the front three get a bit more co-ordinated we can attack better when we need to at home. Even more so if the Longstaffs can get established so we can start to play a bit more possession football in midfield.

Really looking forward to the headache caused by Schar and Lejeune coming back, god knows what the first choice back 3 will be. Clark did really well in the middle yesterday and that's the one we struggle to fill, with Lejeune left and Schar/Fernandez right that's a good ball playing defense.

Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Sir Bobby » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:56 pm

For me Clark needs to be starting. His goals make him vital for a team that rarely scores. Add Schar to that for similar reasons and then it’s Lascelles/Lejeune battling for the central spot in the back five.

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:37 pm

Villa (A) - 3pt
City (H) - 0pt
Sheff U (A) - 0pt
Southampton (H) - 3pt
Burnley (A) - 3pt
Palace (H) - 3pt
Man U (A) - 1pt
Everton (H) - 3pt

I'd be happy with the above.

Scott Kirkland
Tindall's Hoody

Post by Scott Kirkland » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:19 am

Our defenders could of scored double figures themselves by then.

sammyboy2488
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member

Post by sammyboy2488 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:48 pm

I think at the moment we've ironically pulled some Irons out the fire no pun intended re. Cockneys, I feel we can get some unexpected points in the weeks ahead. Villa away difficult fixture winnable; yet I'd take a point now. I'm down for the City match, not expecting much , yet said that prior to the Man United match and West Ham...."Funny old Game" as Greaves would say at home I think we can beat anyone on our day..... point against City achievable, they'll start as heavy favourites, understandable given their array of talent, however chasing down Liverpool though, where realistically they can't afford any slip ups does funny things to sides.