NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

User avatar
Scalabrine
Bruce's Cabbage
Posts: 260
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:14 pm
Location: Spain.

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by Scalabrine » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:03 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:20 pm
To name two young players who've made the jump from the Championship to the Premier League and played well this year: Mason Mount and Daniel James.
Teemu Pukki. <laugh>
Image

UlversToon
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 4870
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:52 pm
Location: Cumbria

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by UlversToon » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:48 pm

I see Bowen scored again tonight as did Joselu.

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 28601
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:17 am

UlversToon wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:48 pm
I see Bowen scored again tonight as did Joselu.
Which to sign <scratch>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

UlversToon
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 4870
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:52 pm
Location: Cumbria

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by UlversToon » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:12 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:17 am
UlversToon wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:48 pm
I see Bowen scored again tonight as did Joselu.
Which to sign <scratch>
I'll bet that idiot Charnley didn't negotiate a buy back clause when we sold Joselu! <whistle>

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 28601
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:20 am

UlversToon wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:12 am
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:17 am


Which to sign <scratch>
I'll bet that idiot Charnley didn't negotiate a buy back clause when we sold Joselu! <whistle>
We’re going to have to spend big to get him back then <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

UlversToon
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 4870
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:52 pm
Location: Cumbria

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by UlversToon » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:15 pm

Daily Star, I know, but they're reporting that Leicester have won the "race" to sign Bowen and saying the fee is £10m.

CIH
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2011
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:07 am

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by CIH » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:21 pm

UlversToon wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:15 pm
Daily Star, I know, but they're reporting that Leicester have won the "race" to sign Bowen and saying the fee is £10m.
That seems absurdly cheap considering his form and the way prices are these days, championship player or not. I can see why he would go to Leicester, but they seem to be well stocked in that position.

User avatar
ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies
Posts: 21011
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:46 pm
Location: Down Sowf

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by ALF » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:35 pm

CIH wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:21 pm
UlversToon wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:15 pm
Daily Star, I know, but they're reporting that Leicester have won the "race" to sign Bowen and saying the fee is £10m.
That seems absurdly cheap considering his form and the way prices are these days, championship player or not. I can see why he would go to Leicester, but they seem to be well stocked in that position.
If he chose us over Leicester, I wouldn't want him.

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 28601
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:57 pm

CIH wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:21 pm
UlversToon wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:15 pm
Daily Star, I know, but they're reporting that Leicester have won the "race" to sign Bowen and saying the fee is £10m.
That seems absurdly cheap considering his form and the way prices are these days, championship player or not. I can see why he would go to Leicester, but they seem to be well stocked in that position.
They do seem to develop players well, unlike us <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

CIH
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2011
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:07 am

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by CIH » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:08 pm

ALF wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:35 pm
CIH wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:21 pm


That seems absurdly cheap considering his form and the way prices are these days, championship player or not. I can see why he would go to Leicester, but they seem to be well stocked in that position.
If he chose us over Leicester, I wouldn't want him.
You can't sack me, I quit? <laugh>

User avatar
Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic
Posts: 10046
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:57 am
Location: Toronto

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:13 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:57 pm
CIH wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:21 pm


That seems absurdly cheap considering his form and the way prices are these days, championship player or not. I can see why he would go to Leicester, but they seem to be well stocked in that position.
They do seem to develop players well, unlike us <laugh>
Is it their development or scouting that deserves the credit? Obviously they've brought in some young players and had them hit the ground running, but I'm less familiar with which ones maybe came up through the club - though Iheanacho asks what's up.

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 28601
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:46 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:13 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:57 pm


They do seem to develop players well, unlike us <laugh>
Is it their development or scouting that deserves the credit? Obviously they've brought in some young players and had them hit the ground running, but I'm less familiar with which ones maybe came up through the club - though Iheanacho asks what's up.
Ben Chilwell is definitely youth team, Harvey Barnes too I think. Then the likes of Maddison have improved there, and even though he's older someone like Kasper Schmeichel who was probably only early/mid 20s when he went there. It's hard to think of many/any players that have actually improved dramatically with us.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic
Posts: 10046
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:57 am
Location: Toronto

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by Remember Colo » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:35 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:46 pm
Remember Colo wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:13 pm

Is it their development or scouting that deserves the credit? Obviously they've brought in some young players and had them hit the ground running, but I'm less familiar with which ones maybe came up through the club - though Iheanacho asks what's up.
Ben Chilwell is definitely youth team, Harvey Barnes too I think. Then the likes of Maddison have improved there, and even though he's older someone like Kasper Schmeichel who was probably only early/mid 20s when he went there. It's hard to think of many/any players that have actually improved dramatically with us.
For sure, if it seemed I was being sarcastic, I definitely meant it genuinely. And I think you're right, they've done well buying and developing young players.

User avatar
ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies
Posts: 21011
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:46 pm
Location: Down Sowf

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by ALF » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:19 pm

CIH wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:08 pm
ALF wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:35 pm


If he chose us over Leicester, I wouldn't want him.
You can't sack me, I quit? <laugh>
No I'd just be questioning his sanity!

Don Sholeone
BSN Correspondant
BSN Correspondant
Posts: 9761
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:41 pm

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by Don Sholeone » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:56 am

£10m is absolute bollocks, hes Hulls star player and the only hope of getting a playoff spot, he won't sell for any less than £25m imo, wouldn't be surprised if he went for closer to £30m, thats if he actually does leave.

overseasTOON
Much Ado About Blogging
Much Ado About Blogging
Posts: 20315
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:53 am
Location: Location: Location

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by overseasTOON » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:29 am

If signs for us then 'Super, smashing, great' but you'd have to say "Have a look at what you would have won" if he'd have gone to Leicester.

User avatar
Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Posts: 9040
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:40 pm
Location: London

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by Speedo » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:57 am

Don Sholeone wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:56 am
£10m is absolute bollocks, hes Hulls star player and the only hope of getting a playoff spot, he won't sell for any less than £25m imo, wouldn't be surprised if he went for closer to £30m, thats if he actually does leave.
His contract is expiring, hence the knock-down price. Though you may still be right.
I had the first custom w***

Somebodys pinched my sombrero
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2261
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:08 pm
Location: The former mackem heartland of Peterlee

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by Somebodys pinched my sombrero » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:18 pm

I hate the term “no brainier”, but signing him IS.
He’d be a fantastic option for us, a winger who scored plenty of goals.
Supporting the Toon since 1972.

overseasTOON
Much Ado About Blogging
Much Ado About Blogging
Posts: 20315
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:53 am
Location: Location: Location

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by overseasTOON » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:42 pm

Somebodys pinched my sombrero wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:18 pm
I hate the term “no brainier”, but signing him IS.
He’d be a fantastic option for us, a winger who scored plenty of goals.
Are wingers allowed to do that?

User avatar
Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic
Posts: 10046
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:57 am
Location: Toronto

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:22 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:42 pm
Somebodys pinched my sombrero wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:18 pm
I hate the term “no brainier”, but signing him IS.
He’d be a fantastic option for us, a winger who scored plenty of goals.
Are wingers allowed to do that?
I didn't know anyone was allowed to?! Goals?!

Post Reply