Re: The F1 Thread

Post by ALF » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:34 pm

Hamilton won that with ease.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:13 pm

Just watched - meh. Boring first 10 races or so of the season then it got good as Ferrari and Red Bull sorter their s*** out but Hamilton on another level.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:50 pm

Hopefully some competition next year 🙏
I had the first custom w***

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:14 pm

Speedo wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:50 pm
Hopefully some competition next year 🙏
Yeah, if Ferrari and Red Bull can sustain what they did in the middle part of the season and win some races early on it will make things much more interesting for fans. There were some very good races this year, but equal or more boring ones. Lets see what difference it makes next season when they get rid of loads of the little aero bits of crap.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:13 pm

Leclerc just signed a 5 year contract with Ferrari.

Vettel is now the number 2 driver <laugh>

MagpiesArmy
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member

Post by MagpiesArmy » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:42 pm

@overseasTOON I can see Vettel retiring at end of season because he seems past it now with errors constantly creeping into his racing, especially in 2018.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:43 am

First day of pre-season testing and so far every team has managed to get a car out the garage and do over 30 laps.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:07 pm

And Mercedes are quickest on Day 1. Setting the tone for another season with no competition?

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:41 pm

Merc have a new gadget for steering. Looks like a push/pull system on the steering wheel to slightly alter the camber on the front tyres?

Could aide reducing tyre degradation and give them additional laps and given the tyre isn't deemed aero it actually might be legal!

Interesting to see which team throws toys out the pram.

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PTAO? » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:40 pm

Yeah could be a big advantage in the dying laps.
I expect Racing Point will have it next year.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:25 pm

PTAO? wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:40 pm
<laugh>

FIA have banned it for the 2021 season so Racing Point will have to remove it from next years car.

PTAO?

Post by PTAO? » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:27 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:25 pm
PTAO? wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:40 pm
<laugh>

FIA have banned it for the 2021 season so Racing Point will have to remove it from next years car.
This is the worst thing FIA could have done in my opinion.
Now the teams have the choice of spending millions and research hours developing a system for half a year (by the time they have something to impliment) or just give Merc the advantage for a year.
If they had banned it, as it is technically altering the suspension, Merc could revert easily. If they allowed it in future years, teams would have more of an incentive to try their own versions.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:10 pm

I know it's not F1 but F1 could follow a similar pattern Moto gp has cancelled it's first two rounds in Qatar and Thailand due to Coronavirus.
Escalating travel restrictions in response to the coronavirus outbreak have resulted in the MotoGP class cancelling its planned season-opening round in Qatar next weekend.
However, the Moto2 and Moto3 classes will still go ahead as planned since all riders and teams are already in Qatar, having concluded their final pre-season test at the same Losail circuit earlier today (Sunday).
MotoGP had previously arranged an exemption from some of Qatar's increasing entry restrictions for passengers from Italy and Japan.
However, Qatar, which announced its first recorded case of coronavirus yesterday, is now imposing a blanket two-week quarantine on any passengers that have recently visited Italy.
As the global outbreak of coronavirus continues to develop, the Thai government has communicated that it won’t be possible to hold the OR Thailand Grand Prix on its original date. The FIM, IRTA and Dorna therefore regret to announce that the event, due to be held on the 22nd of March in Buriram, has been postponed.
the decision has been announced by Thailand's Deputy Prime Minister and Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul.
"It is necessary for us to postpone the OR Thailand Grand Prix 2020 in Buri Ram scheduled for late March for an indefinite period since Covid-19 has been declared a dangerous communicable disease which has sent a world-wide impact," Charnvirakul said.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:25 am

Bahrain GP will be held behind closed doors:

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:38 pm

Trying my best to be excited about this season - but really I think we're all waiting the new rules in 2021 to shake things up a bit...

PTAO?

Post by PTAO? » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:45 pm

Speedo wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:38 pm
Trying my best to be excited about this season - but really I think we're all waiting the new rules in 2021 to shake things up a bit...
Hopefully we get another Brawn, but with the way they've handled the budget cap, all the big teams will be spending down this season for the new regulations, and we'll probably get another era of domination from Merc, Ferrari or RB

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:54 am

PTAO? wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:45 pm
Speedo wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:38 pm
Hopefully we get another Brawn, but with the way they've handled the budget cap, all the big teams will be spending down this season for the new regulations, and we'll probably get another era of domination from Merc, Ferrari or RB
Tbf even Brawn only came about because Honda were absolutely throwing ludicrous money at the 2009 car for two years and bailed out at the last minute.

Realistically what I’m hoping for is a serious fight at the top, probs between those 3 and I’d love McLaren or Honda to join them. But realistically you’re right, one will have stolen a March and will dominate.

PTAO?

Post by PTAO? » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:20 pm

Speedo wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:54 am
PTAO? wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:45 pm

Tbf even Brawn only came about because Honda were absolutely throwing ludicrous money at the 2009 car for two years and bailed out at the last minute.

Realistically what I’m hoping for is a serious fight at the top, probs between those 3 and I’d love McLaren or Honda to join them. But realistically you’re right, one will have stolen a March and will dominate.
It's true that money buys success, I mean it more from an unexpected point of view. I'd love to see McLaren get a few podiums, but they need to stop pissing around with their engine choice every few years.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:19 pm

Mercedes have been accused of having illegal rear brake ducts.

Red Bull have lodged a complaint.

PTAO?

Post by PTAO? » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:49 pm

Rumour is Racing point also fall foul.

Apparently RB are also going to contest the legality of the DAS