Holidays

daib0
Inter-Forum Gamemaster
Inter-Forum Gamemaster
Location: Spain (Pamplona) - England (Reading, when back home)

Re: Holidays

Post by daib0 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:33 pm

Terrible here in North Spain lads. Prohibited to go into the street except for specific basics. You can't even go for a walk on your own. We been laid off work (at least paid in my case) for the rest of the month, but the rest of the season looks bleak, probably start back in August. It's no holiday I can assure you.

I'm in Pamplona near the Basque country and nearby Vitoria and La Rioja has loads of cases. It's all ballooning so rapidly. If the British government doesn't take BIG action this week you're all in f*** street,

Government here in Spain at last taking big action, even now putting the army onto the streets. Loudspeakers on the streets, it's like living a war situation.

One in my symphony orchestra has just tested positive so b*gg*r knows how my body is .....
A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:09 pm

Sorry to hear that mate. Going to be a tough few weeks everywhere I think.
I had the first custom w***

Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Sir Bobby » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:42 am

overseasTOON wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:04 am
MiniOT has a skiing trip in Switzerland with the school at the start of April and we're wondering now if it will go ahead.

We'll be out of pocket unless the FCO advises against travel to Switzerland!!!
All my friends working as ski instructors in the French Alps are getting sent home next week so I’d imagine there’s not much chance of that going ahead...

I’m guessing the resorts will have to close themselves down and refund people if they don’t have any staff?

daib0
Inter-Forum Gamemaster
Inter-Forum Gamemaster

Post by daib0 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:14 pm

Spain has just announced closing its land borders at 12.00 tonight ... I'd say forget your summer holidays there lads...
A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:59 am

Yep, nobody is going anywhere for the foreseeable future. Other countries e.g. Germany, USA have done the same already.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

daib0
Inter-Forum Gamemaster
Inter-Forum Gamemaster

Post by daib0 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:18 am

The truth is that I'm not so bored at home. But you know, it seems incredible to me that in one package of rice there are 8976 grains and in the other 8982 !!

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:30 pm

daib0 wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:18 am
The truth is that I'm not so bored at home. But you know, it seems incredible to me that in one package of rice there are 8976 grains and in the other 8982 !!
Glad your sense of humour is still there <diverk>
Kindly deeds done for free!

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:37 pm

Managed to get out of Spain yesterday. Boarding was delayed an hour, then got onto a packed plane only to find that they'd lost their slot for take-off, so spent an extra hour sat on the runway surrounded by coughs <diva>
daib0 wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:33 pm
Terrible here in North Spain lads. Prohibited to go into the street except for specific basics. You can't even go for a walk on your own. We been laid off work (at least paid in my case) for the rest of the month, but the rest of the season looks bleak, probably start back in August. It's no holiday I can assure you.

I'm in Pamplona near the Basque country and nearby Vitoria and La Rioja has loads of cases. It's all ballooning so rapidly. If the British government doesn't take BIG action this week you're all in f*** street,

Government here in Spain at last taking big action, even now putting the army onto the streets. Loudspeakers on the streets, it's like living a war situation.

One in my symphony orchestra has just tested positive so b*gg*r knows how my body is .....
Are they doing the 8pm applause there? We had no idea what was going on the first time in Barcelona when suddenly there was loads of clapping and cheering for 5 minutes.

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:54 pm

daib0 wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:18 am
That can't be right and I'd be recounting them if I were you! ;)

Take care.

daib0
Inter-Forum Gamemaster
Inter-Forum Gamemaster

Post by daib0 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:07 pm

Hairdressers in Spain now shut down by law, Dentists advised to do so, but not obligatory, Only basic food shops, chemists, legal services, vets and petrol staions are allowed to open....

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:34 am

daib0 wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:07 pm
Hairdressers in Spain now shut down by law, Dentists advised to do so, but not obligatory, Only basic food shops, chemists, legal services, vets and petrol staions are allowed to open....
That seems like a smart way to do it! I hope we take similar measures here. I know people will whine about their freedom, but some things are too important.
Kindly deeds done for free!

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:25 pm

I work in medical research with surgeons from around the world. The situation in Spain and Italy at present is dire, surgeons are being asked to perform operations on infected patients (or patients where they don't know if they're infected) with limited or NO protective equipment such as surgical masks. Supplies are running empty. Medical students are being pulled onto the front line (will be happening in the UK very soon if not already too). Many surgeons are staying away from their homes and have been for a number of weeks for risk of infecting their family members. It's really awful and not all of it is reported. Very likely that the NHS will face similar pressures. Plus we all know from the news about the lack of ventilators, people will die as there aren't enough to go round.

Some hospitals are even having to operate based on a patients age, basically if you're the oldest on the list you're not getting the operation you might need to save your life, and obviously all elective surgery has been cancelled in most places.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:17 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:25 pm
I work in medical research with surgeons from around the world. The situation in Spain and Italy at present is dire, surgeons are being asked to perform operations on infected patients (or patients where they don't know if they're infected) with limited or NO protective equipment such as surgical masks. Supplies are running empty. Medical students are being pulled onto the front line (will be happening in the UK very soon if not already too). Many surgeons are staying away from their homes and have been for a number of weeks for risk of infecting their family members. It's really awful and not all of it is reported. Very likely that the NHS will face similar pressures. Plus we all know from the news about the lack of ventilators, people will die as there aren't enough to go round.

Some hospitals are even having to operate based on a patients age, basically if you're the oldest on the list you're not getting the operation you might need to save your life, and obviously all elective surgery has been cancelled in most places.
So the NHS has an UK supplier making more ventilators. But the bottleneck will be icu nurses and doctors. You can't just hook people up. Apparently for the really sick u need to turn them and it's really hard even with experience.
Even anaesthetists and A&E aren't really helpful at that point.
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

daib0
Inter-Forum Gamemaster
Inter-Forum Gamemaster

Post by daib0 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:09 am

now 21,500 infected in Spain - get prepared for the worst

daib0
Inter-Forum Gamemaster
Inter-Forum Gamemaster

Post by daib0 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:36 am

Gloves, masks and soap/gel SO important...Britain simply isn't prepared for what is about to unfold. There HAS to be far better information releases by the authorities :(

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:43 am

My work has been making hand sanitizer in our university labs to give out to front line staff.

daib0
Inter-Forum Gamemaster
Inter-Forum Gamemaster

Post by daib0 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:02 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:43 am
My work has been making hand sanitizer in our university labs to give out to front line staff.
<applause> <applause>

daib0
Inter-Forum Gamemaster
Inter-Forum Gamemaster

Post by daib0 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:04 pm

Three Portsmouth players tested positive for virus.

daib0
Inter-Forum Gamemaster
Inter-Forum Gamemaster

Post by daib0 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:14 pm

This morning alone, FIVE THOUSAND new infected cases in Spain

This is gonna be desperate stuff....

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue May 26, 2020 9:26 am

So, where's everyone going this year <whistle>

I only moved house in March so luckily didn't have anything booked. Pretty unlikely there will be much overseas travel for anyone before 2021 (for holidays).