Pavel's eBar

What to do with empty filing cabinet in office?

Keep it, just in case.
11%
Remove it.
No votes
Shoot it.
11%
Fill with booze.
46%
Turn into modern art.
11%
Sell it to Ashley as our new star striker in exchange for a big mug and £5 SD voucher.
22%

Total votes: 37

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Re: Pavel's eBar

Post by Hjl » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:12 am

Don Sholeone wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:09 pm
So according to twitter, Covid-19 has caused a crash in Oil prices, so much so that a barrel of oil has fallen into negative value leading to some purchasers paying people to take the oil off their hands as its less financially damaging than paying for the storage itself.

Got to be a few people set up somewhere about to become even richer when all this is over, anyone wanna chip in and use their gardens to store some, lmao.
It's pretty bad for any nation that sells oil.

The US is in for a rough few weeks until new contracts are negotiated to determine what to do with all the excess oil. Houston just went from getting horse f***ed to a full blow horse hangbang.

Great time to buy stock in Halliburton though.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:23 am

Hjl wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:12 am
Don Sholeone wrote:
So according to twitter, Covid-19 has caused a crash in Oil prices, so much so that a barrel of oil has fallen into negative value leading to some purchasers paying people to take the oil off their hands as its less financially damaging than paying for the storage itself.

Got to be a few people set up somewhere about to become even richer when all this is over, anyone wanna chip in and use their gardens to store some, lmao.

The US is in for a rough few weeks until new contracts are negotiated to determine what to do with all the excess oil. Houston just went from getting horse f***ed to a full blow horse hangbang.

The middle Eastern countries will be ok, they have room and resources to store oil until this ends*. Its the likes of Nigeria, Iran and other poorer producers who are more screwed.

*its negative because demand has plummeted and storage costs are high (all the tankers are full and idle). Should ease when restrictions lift, whenever this is.
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:23 am

Hjl wrote:
Don Sholeone wrote:

I honestly think this Covid outbreak is going to be huge in terms of how the world works, think there will be more pressure to shorten the working week to increase wellbeing and potentially productivity, we could move away from fossil fuels which makes us a greener planet, more worldwide universal healthcare, I think the government can't do anything but fully fund our own NHS after this.

As devastating as this has been, I think we have the potentially to become a better world from it.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:27 am

Don Sholeone wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:23 am
Hjl wrote:

I honestly think this Covid outbreak is going to be huge in terms of how the world works, think there will be more pressure to shorten the working week to increase wellbeing and potentially productivity, we could move away from fossil fuels which makes us a greener planet, more worldwide universal healthcare, I think the government can't do anything but fully fund our own NHS after this.

As devastating as this has been, I think we have the potentially to become a better world from it.
I'm clinging to similar thoughts too. Tories care about being in power more than principles and the NHS is going to be massively popular after this. The government did an effective job of portraying junior doctors as greedy over the new contracts, but if medics get militant now...
Hopefully NHS finding gets sorted as well as social care.
Also, there'll be even more of a nurse/doctor shortage, so maybe they'll loosen immigration rules. My wife's a doctor on a visa and the home office makes it so hard.

Not sure about fossil fuels though. Coming out of a shutdown doesn't make new tech appear. Shipping is such a large part of emissions and we are nowhere near battery powered tankers.
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:28 am

Don Sholeone wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:23 am
Hjl wrote:

It could go the opposite way too and set us back years. It could also open up avenues for much more shithousery in worldwide healthcare as people try to reclaim lost profits. You can bet the Conservatives will be clawing back as much cash as possible too and making themselves and their pals disgustingly wealthy in the process.
Kindly deeds done for free!

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:16 pm

Yeah, I think there's more likely hood of things getting 'worse' rather than the world waking up and seeing the light.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:59 pm

Reports from Japan saying Kim Jong Un has died from a botched heart operation, if true sounds like someone will be getting strapped to an AA gun, If it isnt true then i expect NK to tell us his heart self repaired and became indestructible in the process

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:42 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:59 pm
Reports from Japan saying Kim Jong Un has died from a botched heart operation, if true sounds like someone will be getting strapped to an AA gun, If it isnt true then i expect NK to tell us his heart self repaired and became indestructible in the process
<laugh>

If he's dead power struggle then everything back to 'normal' sadly.

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:06 pm

Apparently his sister is even more insane than he is :/

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:41 am

She actually does look like a villain from a Korean movie.

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Wed May 13, 2020 6:10 pm

I must have watched this video 1000 times and it never fails to make me laugh <laugh>

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Tue May 26, 2020 9:22 am

Watered the garden yesterday evening with the garden hose and used the outdoor tap and this morning found a small flood under the kitchen sink (soaked up about 2 litres of water).

Only a few weeks ago I'd scrubbed under there so I know it didnt have a leak from the washing machine or dishwasher.

Is it possible the outside tap was the reason for the flooding?

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue May 26, 2020 9:28 am

Sounds likely. My parents outdoor tap is on the wall outside their kitchen window and it runs into the house.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Tue May 26, 2020 9:35 am

If I do run it then I'll have to stick a load of towels down.

MiniOT wants her swimming pool up in a few weeks and it holds 8000 litres <laugh>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue May 26, 2020 9:38 am

<laugh>

I'd keep an eye on it as you run it in that case, else you'll have one swimming pool outside and one inside <laugh>

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Tue May 26, 2020 9:57 am

Your house sounds like a bit of a plumbing disaster at the moment oT.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Tue May 26, 2020 10:46 am

Shouldn't have let Cummings s*** down the pipes.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Tue May 26, 2020 10:53 am

biggeordiedave wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 9:57 am
Yep. Sorted the bath out. That's been cleared of soil, compost and gravel because it was too hot outside to make hanging baskets so they did it in the bath... still seething.

Now this. I had wanted to sit in the sun with a beer but now facedown on kitchen floor trying to mop up water.

Essentially wrong type of facedown on the kitchen floor I'd been hoping for.

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Tue May 26, 2020 12:37 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 10:53 am
biggeordiedave wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 9:57 am
Yep. Sorted the bath out. That's been cleared of soil, compost and gravel because it was too hot outside to make hanging baskets so they did it in the bath... still seething.

Now this. I had wanted to sit in the sun with a beer but now facedown on kitchen floor trying to mop up water.

Essentially wrong type of facedown on the kitchen floor I'd been hoping for.
I would suggest getting drunk in the sun while you can and then worrying about the flood later <ok>.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Wed May 27, 2020 8:23 am

Still more water under the sink this morning and spoke with plumber who asked me to identify exactly where the leak is so he can reduce the time in our house. If I find it, I'll bloody fix it!

Super glue and duct tape should sort it out.