Pavel's eBar

What to do with empty filing cabinet in office?

Keep it, just in case.
11%
Remove it.
No votes
Shoot it.
11%
Fill with booze.
46%
Turn into modern art.
11%
Sell it to Ashley as our new star striker in exchange for a big mug and £5 SD voucher.
22%

Total votes: 37

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Re: Pavel's eBar

Post by PTAO? » Wed May 27, 2020 5:16 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:23 am
Still more water under the sink this morning and spoke with plumber who asked me to identify exactly where the leak is so he can reduce the time in our house. If I find it, I'll bloody fix it!

Super glue and duct tape should sort it out.
Got any food dye?

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu May 28, 2020 10:47 am

Woke up this morning;
There was a flood again.
Got down on my knees
Ooh the pain it sends!

Spoke with landlady, sent pictures and a 1000 word essay on what I've tried to do to find the problem and I quit. Send a plumber!

On the plus side; my washing machine is sparkling clean.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu May 28, 2020 12:37 pm

Worse than I thought. Waste water is mixing with internal water and needs a load of work. Essentially everything we've drank,cooked with water wise has been contaminated with waste water.

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Thu May 28, 2020 12:41 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 12:37 pm
Worse than I thought. Waste water is mixing with internal water and needs a load of work. Essentially everything we've drank,cooked with water wise has been contaminated with waste water.
Wow definitely need to get that fixed. Do you have any leeway to have the land lady set you up in a hotel while it's fixed? I'm pretty sure the house isn't considered habitable if it doesn't have potable water.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu May 28, 2020 12:47 pm

Hjl wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 12:41 pm
overseasTOON wrote:
Wow definitely need to get that fixed. Do you have any leeway to have the land lady set you up in a hotel while it's fixed? I'm pretty sure the house isn't considered habitable if it doesn't have potable water.
No hotels etc are open so sort of stuck.

Father in law is heading to the supermarket now to pick up as many large water bottles as possible to cover drinking and cooking.

Guess we have to just live with it for a while.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu May 28, 2020 12:48 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
If none of you have been getting ill then hopefully it’s not too much mixing in? And good job you rent and don’t have to fork out the cost yourself!
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu May 28, 2020 12:51 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 12:48 pm
overseasTOON wrote:
If none of you have been getting ill then hopefully it’s not too much mixing in? And good job you rent and don’t have to fork out the cost yourself!
We only noticed the issue 3 days ago so god knows what we've absorbed as likely been going for while. I think gin has been our saviour. Honestly!

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Thu May 28, 2020 4:07 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 12:51 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 12:48 pm

We only noticed the issue 3 days ago so god knows what we've absorbed as likely been going for while. I think gin has been our saviour. Honestly!
Worked for the officers in the British army in India <cheers>

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu May 28, 2020 4:55 pm

The missus was saying let's have a dry night.

Medically I responded, let's not.

Gin a hoy!

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Fri May 29, 2020 9:17 am

I love Donald Trump's logic. Responding to riots caused by the murder of an unarmed black man by Police by essentially threatening to murder more unarmed black men using the Military if the violence escalates.
Kindly deeds done for free!

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Fri May 29, 2020 10:53 am

biggeordiedave wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 9:17 am
I love Donald Trumps logic. Responding to riots caused by the murder of an unarmed black man by Police by essentially threatening to murder more unarmed black men using the Military if the violence escalates.
I cannot understand their culture at all, how you can look at your country with a militarized police force, everyone and their mam packing a firearm and such massive, shocking and in my experience downright odd racial divide and think yes, yes, this is ok is completely beyond me. Even with Bojo and Brexit I wouldn't consider moving there.

I've only been to America once and I loved DC, don't get me wrong but the racial divide is just so weird. So many ethnic minorities in low paid shitty jobs who almost seem to treat you like you're in a servant master relationship. It's just bizarre and deeply unsettling.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri May 29, 2020 11:15 am

Trump clearly has psychological problems, there's no doubt about that. He's a complete liar and narcissist amongst other things, and being in such a position of power and probably functioning on minimum sleep magnifies his issues x1,000,000.

I've been to the US 6 times to different places and being honest I didn't notice a racial divide. In restaurants, cafes etc the staff were black, white, SE Asian - lots of different people. The 'servant master' thing you mention might be a case of when you're eating out places they are way OTT at being nice and helpful to you, but to me that's because they essentially get paid in tips only, so they go way overboard for that reason - probably even more so with tourists as they'd probably be likely to tip more. I know when I go out over there I always leave a decent tip as it's crap how they don't get a basic hourly rate.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Fri May 29, 2020 11:20 am

Yeah my brother said the same about the server stuff. Maybe it was just my own "bias".

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri May 29, 2020 11:37 am

Some of them are so OTT it gets a bit nauseating <laugh>

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Fri May 29, 2020 12:24 pm

Mrs' dad lived and worked in America a fair bit, he treats wait staff here like they do over there. I thought he was just flirting with them all the first time I went out with him.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Fri May 29, 2020 1:53 pm

I know we have poor areas in UK cities, dominated by one ethnic group. But I went to Chicago and we were walking down the front and ended up in the South Side (poor and majority African American). The stark divide in two blocks in terms of the general state of the city is breathtakingly awful. Similar in DC too. Its stark.
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri May 29, 2020 2:01 pm

Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 1:53 pm
I know we have poor areas in UK cities, dominated by one ethnic group. But I went to Chicago and we were walking down the front and ended up in the South Side (poor and majority African American). The stark divide in two blocks in terms of the general state of the city is breathtakingly awful. Similar in DC too. Its stark.
I loved Chicago (never saw that bit though, but I know there are stark contrasts).

Was it New Orleans that was decimated by Hurricane Katrina a few years back? The 'poor' areas were just completely left to go to ruin and nothing done. Disgraceful really.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Fri May 29, 2020 2:15 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 2:01 pm
Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 1:53 pm
I loved Chicago (never saw that bit though, but I know there are stark contrasts).

Was it New Orleans that was decimated by Hurricane Katrina a few years back? The 'poor' areas were just completely left to go to ruin and nothing done. Disgraceful really.
Chicago* was a great place to visit, but then you see this and think "oh wow I'm only seeing the really nice, and lets face it, white parts"

* the city not the sprawling suburbs. Spend some time in Batavia/Geneva, Illinois and its soulless and not great
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Sir Bobby » Fri May 29, 2020 4:12 pm

Last September I took some edibles and went to Skid Row for a walk. A good activity if you wanna see the stark contrast between the rich and poor, whilst simultaneously getting your heart racing

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sat May 30, 2020 6:47 pm

Anyone watching the SpaceX launch?