Post by originallad » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:09 pm

Doesn't look good for us keeping Matty.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/f ... e-18352556

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Re: New squad after potential takeover

Post by Colly » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:20 pm

Joke of a club, should have been handled in January. He'll go there and get immediately loaned to Watford and score a hat trick against us...

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:24 pm

Two things, 1) The Chronicle 2) The Chronicle 'quoting sources close to the club'....that's my take on it.

Also, Udinese have the 3rd lowest wage bill in Serie A, their current top earner (Rodrigo) is apparently on €28,500 per week...I highly doubt they'd make a young English player with virtually no first team experience their highest earner...

Chronicle talking s*** as ever.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

originallad
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by originallad » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:26 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:24 pm
Two things, 1) The Chronicle 2) The Chronicle 'quoting sources close to the club'....that's my take on it.

Also, Udinese have the 3rd lowest wage bill in Serie A, their current top earner (Rodrigo) is apparently on €28,500 per week...I highly doubt they'd make a young English player with virtually no first team experience their highest earner...

Sky reported it as well

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... e-contract

originallad
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by originallad » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:27 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:

Hope you're right though and its bollox

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:05 pm

And if he does go there, it probably won't be because of the wages. So although people will probably blame it as a cheap Ashley thing, I imagine it'll speak to a lot of other issues with the club too.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:42 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:

Could it be a clever way to get him to Watford without paying us the compensation we'd be due at his age?

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:16 pm

Colly wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:42 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:

Could it be a clever way to get him to Watford without paying us the compensation we'd be due at his age?
I thought that still applied to moving to other European leagues too? The question would be though, if he's allegedly wanted by so many other English clubs, as has repeatedly been reported, why would he jump through these hoops just to maybe get loaned back to Watford of all clubs?

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:22 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:16 pm
Colly wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:42 pm

I thought that still applied to moving to other European leagues too? The question would be though, if he's allegedly wanted by so many other English clubs, as has repeatedly been reported, why would he jump through these hoops just to maybe get loaned back to Watford of all clubs?
I think the compensation is vastly less if it's to a non-domestic club. That above quotes 400k, whereas direct to an English club would be settled in a tribunal, and could easily rise into the several millions. I think there was a similar situation with Ings to Liverpool. They technically signed him on a free, but the transfer fee that was eventually determined by tribunal was something like 8m. If he went to a foreign side (I think he was linked to Real Sociadad) the fee would have been nominal. I never thought of the Pozzo family Udinese/Watford thing, I've no idea if they could get away with it, but it would be a clever little trick. Well spotted.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:03 pm

CIH wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:22 pm
Remember Colo wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:16 pm

I think the compensation is vastly less if it's to a non-domestic club. That above quotes 400k, whereas direct to an English club would be settled in a tribunal, and could easily rise into the several millions. I think there was a similar situation with Ings to Liverpool. They technically signed him on a free, but the transfer fee that was eventually determined by tribunal was something like 8m. If he went to a foreign side (I think he was linked to Real Sociadad) the fee would have been nominal. I never thought of the Pozzo family Udinese/Watford thing, I've no idea if they could get away with it, but it would be a clever little trick. Well spotted.
I know they've leveraged Udinese to land additional continental players they maybe otherwise wouldn't have gotten so easily, but would this be the first time if they pulled something like this for an English player? I still just don't understand why he'd go to a club that could easily be relegated this season.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:44 pm

Can you imagine him in the Italian sun with his complexion...
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:12 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:44 pm
Can you imagine him in the Italian sun with his complexion...
Do Italian ultras also discriminate against Gingers?

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:10 am

According to the telegraph , we have increased the contract offer to around £20k a week. Sad times when that amount of money is seen as derisory for a 20 year old kid with hardly any experience.
Pure greed
# stolen from nufc.com :)

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:26 am

Toondes wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:10 am
According to the telegraph , we have increased the contract offer to around £20k a week. Sad times when that amount of money is seen as derisory for a 20 year old kid with hardly any experience.
Pure greed
No its not greed. Hes being offered 50% more so why not go? Not his fault the money in football is insane.
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:26 am

What do you mean ? Of course It’s greed. He would stay on a paltry £15k a week with us if he wasn’t greedy.

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:31 am

A jump from £850 a week to £15k - £20k a week seems more than decent to me , but him and his agents ( more so the agents) are trying to hold the club to ransom. He’s a good prospect and that’s it. My point is more the fact that an academy prospect with a handful of games is turning down £20k a week.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:48 am

Toondes wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:26 am
What do you mean ? Of course It’s greed. He would stay on a paltry £15k a week with us if he wasn’t greedy.
He's been offered two options and taking the better one. If I was offered a new job with 50% more I'd go. I've got no issue with it.

Why should he accept below the going rate for his services?
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:03 am

It's not even as if he's getting playing time with us, there were plenty of games where he'd have added a bit of attacking intent from the bench and wasnt used.

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:48 am

Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:48 am
Toondes wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:26 am
He's been offered two options and taking the better one. If I was offered a new job with 50% more I'd go. I've got no issue with it.

Well what irks me is last year he came out and said he loves this club , so proud , honoured , supporter etc etc . It’s all hollow. How about showing some loyalty to an employer that’s has nurtured him. He’s been offered fantastic terms for someone who is anaverage youth player . I know what I’d do in his position but I have morals. It’s not just him , it’s all footballers in general. Money obsessed .
Don’t let the door hit you on the way out son.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:11 am

Toondes wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:48 am
Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:48 am

Well what irks me is last year he came out and said he loves this club , so proud , honoured , supporter etc etc . It’s all hollow. How about showing some loyalty to an employer that’s has nurtured him. He’s been offered fantastic terms for someone who is anaverage youth player . I know what I’d do in his position but I have morals. It’s not just him , it’s all footballers in general. Money obsessed .
Don’t let the door hit you on the way out son.
This is something that really irks me.

Normal person in job they love 40k pa gets offered new job doing same thing 50k pa no one bats an eyelid

Footballer 40k pw gets offered new job doing same thing 50k pw sell out and is money obsessed

Yes footballers are well payed no doubt about it but you have to remember a normal career can last 30-40 years on average, a footballers is 12-15 years and at any time during that time period an injury can end it all.

One thing which is strongly encouraged now to young players especially at the clubs I've worked at is to have a backup career and be prepared for retirement early.

The amount of people in football who go from earning 50pw to earning nothing and in a few years being broke is highly documented.

Also what a lot of people don't consider is that a hell of a lot of footballers give majority of their wages to charities . For example (I won't name names) I know of current international player who plays for a premier league club who earns 70k a week(after tax) he gives 38k of that to a number of charities in England and his home country.

I know for a fact that when this player was in negotiations for a new contract he was pushing for more money so he could give more back.

So while I'll agree there probably are footballers who are money hungry but for every one of them there is 1000 who give more back then they get.
I'll Hazard a guess