Newcastle 1-1 Aston Villa 6pm BT
Norwich City 0-1 Everton 6pm BBC
Wolves 1-0 Bournemouth 6pm BT
Liverpool 4-0 Crystal Palace 8.15pm Sky

Thu 25.06.2020:

Burnley 1-0 Watford 6pm Sky Pick
Southampton 0-2 Arsenal 6pm Sky
Chelsea 2-1 Manchester City 8.15pm BT
Last edited by UlversToon on Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:28 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: MIDWEEK FOOTBALL - 23/25 JUNE 2020

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:44 am

Hopefully West Ham get Kane’d.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:45 am

Love to see both West Ham & Villa both get hammered this week!

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:33 am

So much football on, it's great!

I wonder if the Premier League will ever go back to traditional kick off times (most games 3 pm on Sat) or if they'll keep things how they are for this period and have every game kick off at a different time so they can all be on TV. La Liga and Serie A were doing it pre-coronavirus.

Something like this would be interesting:

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:18 am

sky only? Could someone pipe in some noise of a crowd booing?

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:28 am

TJR wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:33 am

I wonder if the Premier League will ever go back to traditional kick off times (most games 3 pm on Sat) or if they'll keep things how they are for this period and have every game kick off at a different time so they can all be on TV. La Liga and Serie A were doing it pre-coronavirus.

As a 9 to 5er I hope we never move to 6pm weekday games...

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:26 pm

TJR wrote:

Very detailed!

The whole no televised 3pm games on Saturdays was brought in to protect lower league clubs, with the idea that people won’t go to watch their local team on a Saturday afternoon if there’s PL football on TV. I’ve never actually seen any evidence as to what this idea is based on, or if it’s just a theory.

Personally I think that people who go to watch their League One / Two teams are pretty committed fans, and a PL game being on TV at 3pm won’t really make a difference to attendances. Obviously I’ve nothing to back that up, but it would be interesting to trial it for a while to see if there was a difference or not.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:47 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:26 pm
TJR wrote:

Very detailed!

The whole no televised 3pm games on Saturdays was brought in to protect lower league clubs, with the idea that people won’t go to watch their local team on a Saturday afternoon if there’s PL football on TV. I’ve never actually seen any evidence as to what this idea is based on, or if it’s just a theory.

Personally I think that people who go to watch their League One / Two teams are pretty committed fans, and a PL game being on TV at 3pm won’t really make a difference to attendances. Obviously I’ve nothing to back that up, but it would be interesting to trial it for a while to see if there was a difference or not.
I suspect with the finances coming out of this season, the lower league clubs will be even more risk adverse to changes that could result in any fewer fans coming out. I think it would come down to whether it's 1 match aired at 3, or all of the matches available (the way they are for international markets). You probably do keep most of your existing fans, but if kids grew up just watching everything on TV, and their parents can save that money, longer term you might see a decline.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:23 pm

And don't forget that it's not just designed to protect League 1 and 2, the Saturday 3pm kickoff goes a lot lower than that in the pyramid. Football fans are creatures of habit, I certainly don't like the idea of trialling anything while fans haven't been going for months anyway.

Anecdotally I'm someone who'll watch non league where I can if Newcastle are away, I doubt I'd do the same if we were on telly.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:51 pm

Colly wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:23 pm
And don't forget that it's not just designed to protect League 1 and 2, the Saturday 3pm kickoff goes a lot lower than that in the pyramid. Football fans are creatures of habit, I certainly don't like the idea of trialling anything while fans haven't been going for months anyway.

Anecdotally I'm someone who'll watch non league where I can if Newcastle are away, I doubt I'd do the same if we were on telly.
This. The idea is that people might go and watch their local club in Isthmian League(or regional equivalent) action if there isn't a way of watching their favourite team play. I've not watched my local side in 9 years.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:24 pm

The only way I could see that having an impact is if all the premier league games were available. I do think this is a good opportunity to have free to air games every weekend though. Have one 3pm PL game on BBC every saturday.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:35 am

Don Sholeone wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:24 pm
The only way I could see that having an impact is if all the premier league games were available. I do think this is a good opportunity to have free to air games every weekend though. Have one 3pm PL game on BBC every saturday.
On condition that Lawro is never allowed to be one of the pundits.

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:57 am

I'm not sure the 3pm blackout has that big of an impact anyway. It's extremely easy to watch 3pm kick offs without them being on UK TV. There are always loads of streams kicking about so if people want to stay in and watch a 3pm Premier League game it isn't difficult.

Same with the pubs. Loads have the dodgy boxes in with the foreign sports channels. For non UK TV Newcastle games, at my local all the regulars go in the lounge, we shut the curtains and door and watch the game. I know of at 3 other pubs/clubs local to me which do this as well so I'd imagine it would be happening all around the country.

It's ridiculous that fans and pubs actually have to go to that length to watch their team. In just about any other country in the world a fan or pub could legally purchase a subscription letting them watch any Premier League game they want yet here we can't.

It's just daft really, they should televise all Premier League games for viewers in this country. If they really want to keep the 3pm blackout then just stagger games across the weekend like they do in Serie A and La Liga, similar to that mock schedule I suggested above.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:56 am

It seems ridiculous to me that you can go to Malaysia, the US and loads of other countries and watch Saturday afternoon games on TV but we can’t here.

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:35 am

The irony when Saudi Arabia become our world dominating overlords but we won’t be able to watch any of it happen because they’ve shut down all the dodgy streams.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:24 pm

TJR wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:57 am
I'm not sure the 3pm blackout has that big of an impact anyway. It's extremely easy to watch 3pm kick offs without them being on UK TV. There are always loads of streams kicking about so if people want to stay in and watch a 3pm Premier League game it isn't difficult.

Same with the pubs. Loads have the dodgy boxes in with the foreign sports channels. For non UK TV Newcastle games, at my local all the regulars go in the lounge, we shut the curtains and door and watch the game. I know of at 3 other pubs/clubs local to me which do this as well so I'd imagine it would be happening all around the country.

It's ridiculous that fans and pubs actually have to go to that length to watch their team. In just about any other country in the world a fan or pub could legally purchase a subscription letting them watch any Premier League game they want yet here we can't.

It's just daft really, they should televise all Premier League games for viewers in this country. If they really want to keep the 3pm blackout then just stagger games across the weekend like they do in Serie A and La Liga, similar to that mock schedule I suggested above.
I think you're overestimating the percentage of casual fans who actually seek out dodgy streams, aside from watching their local club. And if the local club you support is playing on a dodgy PL stream, you're not being pulled away from the local lower league club that relies on ticket sales for survival.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:43 pm

Not gonna lie, Liverpool could seriously win the league this season...

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:34 pm

Watford losing which is good.

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:38 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:34 pm
Disagree. Were pretty much safe and a Burnley win puts them above us in the table

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:45 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:34 pm
Burnley winning is bad for us.

Also bad for the hope of both Villa and West Ham going down.