Toon Takeover Thread - Chopra should be champing at the bit

Will the PIF-backed takeover happen and do you want it to?

Yes it will happen and I want it to
37%
Yes it will happen but I don't want it to
7%
Unsure but I want it to
24%
Unsure but I don't want it to
10%
No it won't happen but I want it to
10%
No it won't happen and I don't want it to
2%
Couldn't give a f***
10%

Total votes: 41

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Re: Toon Takeover Thread

Post by Toondes » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:23 am

Tuesday morning saw Premier League CEO Richard Masters questioned by the Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee on the impact of COVID-19.

He was also quizzed about the ongoing takeover situation at Newcastle United and responded thus:

"We can't provide a running commentary on things and, as I said, I just can't talk about the specifics of this particular process.

"There are legal requirements in place that need to be observed.When they drag on, sometimes there's a requirement for information.

"It's a relatively rare occurrence. I think it's very difficult to keep a constant dialogue with fans about what's an entirely confidential process.

"I do appreciate that uncertainty, I cannot comment in terms of timing or the specifics on any particular takeover but in a perfect world, takeovers would happen cleanly, clearly and in a timely fashion.

"Sometimes, things get complicated."

PS: disgruntled fans have been adding their names to a petition calling on the PL to reach a decision. If that's your sort of thing then you'll find it here
# stolen from nufc.com :)

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:55 am

Whilst it's frustrating, my job involves a lot of contracts and back and forth between legal departments from different organisations and even the simplest of things can take forever once lawyers start poking their noses in and debating every single word on a document so it's no surprise this is taking time. I'm not really sure why fans are losing their s*** over it, given what's been happening in the world over the last few months and the complexity over the potential buyer this was never going to be a quick win.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:24 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:55 am
Whilst it's frustrating, my job involves a lot of contracts and back and forth between legal departments from different organisations and even the simplest of things can take forever once lawyers start poking their noses in and debating every single word on a document so it's no surprise this is taking time. I'm not really sure why fans are losing their s*** over it, given what's been happening in the world over the last few months and the complexity over the potential buyer this was never going to be a quick win.
I was kept waiting 2 months for access to a product we were buying because our lawyers and CEO refused to sign the standard contract as it contained spelling mistakes.

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:29 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:24 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
I was kept waiting 2 months for access to a product we were buying because our lawyers and CEO refused to sign the standard contract as it contained spelling mistakes.
Who's written ours? Could take a while

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:24 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
As far as we're aware, this is a test that has never been failed and has certainly never gone on for this long. A delay could have been understandable but serious questions need to be asked about the length of time this has taken. It's like they're waiting for something to come up that can give them a reason to fail.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:58 pm

ALF wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:24 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
As far as we're aware, this is a test that has never been failed and has certainly never gone on for this long. A delay could have been understandable but serious questions need to be asked about the length of time this has taken. It's like they're waiting for something to come up that can give them a reason to fail.
I’d say it’s unprecedented circumstances.

I’m just not losing any sleep over the length of time, I’ve unfollowed pretty much every Newcastle account I followed on Twitter as the amount of moaning is unbearable.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:19 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:58 pm
ALF wrote:

I’d say it’s unprecedented circumstances.

I’m just not losing any sleep over the length of time, I’ve unfollowed pretty much every Newcastle account I followed on Twitter as the amount of moaning is unbearable.
Agreed. Anyone comparing the KSA buying us to any other PL club purchase is understating the complications relating to that particular government and/or this particular time period. Now I'd agree the communications of the league (and club) have been really poor, though I can also appreciate how the legal process can cause that too.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:13 pm

ALF wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:
It has been failed not a premier league level though
I'll Hazard a guess

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:29 pm

I think nearly every "issue" has already been answered by other acquisitions, if you fail the takeover on any of the issues raised then PIF can point to many other owners. I honestly think the process has been a disgrace and I highly doubt they have followed their own protocols. I think outside influences have massively affected the process and the PL have practically welcomed it. They can make as many confidentiality statements as they like but it seems every man and his dog has been allowed to interfere.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:18 pm

Oh well, could be worse.

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:35 pm

No Friday announcement so far today but I see that the Khashoggi murder trial has begun in Turkey. Twenty Saudi nationals have gone on trial in absentia over the murder of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi. Those being tried include two former top aides to Saudi Arabia's powerful Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:57 pm

Good job our country is so squeaky clean <whistle>

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:08 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:57 pm
To be fair, KSA are probably in with a good shout for the Top 4! <roll>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:14 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:08 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:57 pm
<laugh>

I think the UK's history of colonisation and slave trading puts us safely in the top 4 too <laugh>

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:31 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:14 pm
Remember Colo wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:08 pm

<laugh>

I think the UK's history of colonisation and slave trading puts us safely in the top 4 too <laugh>
Oh well if we're going all time table, that totally changes things! Absolutely, England was a long-time title challenger! Nowadays doesn't have the same reach or influence though, which isn't a bad thing.

krully
Germany (Müller)
Germany (Müller)

Post by krully » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:51 pm

Tbh England should be nuked for providing us with little Britain, Jeremy Clarkson and Simon cowell.

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:48 pm

Is this dead in the water yet?
# stolen from nufc.com :)

DDuc
Hewf, Hewf, Hewf, Tactical Inept Mince
Hewf, Hewf, Hewf, Tactical Inept Mince

Post by DDuc » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:49 pm

Toondes wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:48 pm
Is this dead in the water yet?
Let's hope so
Garrus Vakarian wrote:It's so easy to see the galaxy in black and white, but grey? I don't know what to do with grey...
My Ambition Knows No Bounds
Behold My Tl;dr Prowess

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:33 pm

This is heading into August isn't it <neg>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:36 pm

Had happily forgotten about this after unfollowing all Newcastle related accounts on Twitter - best thing I ever did <diva>