2019/20 Season Review

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

2019/20 Season Review

Post by lassassinblanc » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:22 pm

Season Review

Another season of our usual ups and downs, it started with the news that Rafa wouldn't be coming back and that Steve Bruce would take over after much legal disagreements lets say.

A mixed first 18 games with some seen us in the top half going into the Christmas period 3 losses over the winter period seen us drop down to a position we've been comfortable in for the majority of the rest of the season 11-14th place.

Obviously then we had lockdown happen and it's changed for everyone. We came back strong not losing until we came across a rampant Man City. Going into the last day of the season we can still finish on a higher points total then last season. If you told me that before the season I would have taken it.

An actual decent cup run was probably the highlight though despite needing replays to beat two League One teams we lost to a much better Man City team.

I know this is going to get a lot of hate but I think Bruce has done a decent job considering the circumstances he took over.

We of course had the usual Takeover saga which has been well documented and I'm not going to comment anymore on.

Overall as I said it was a better season than most probably expected but could have been better. End of the day we're still in Premier League next season and Sunderland are still in League One
Last edited by lassassinblanc on Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'll Hazard a guess

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Re: 2019/20 Season Review

Post by lassassinblanc » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:23 pm

Player Review

Goalkeepers

Dubravka- ever present in the league for us, has kept us in games at times this season and won us a few. I still think he isn't great aerially but you can never doubt his shot stopping ability which his saves(137) to shot faced (192). Is top of the list of Errors leading to goals but also has the 4th highest clean sheet record in the league. He is our undisputed number one and should continue to be.

Darlow- played the majority of our cup games, I've always thought he was decent backup good athleticism but can never see him being more then that, will be very interesting to see what happens with him next season with Gillespie coming in and Woodman coming back in.

Defence

Fernandez - one of my candidates for our player of the season (though there is only one winner) has been one our most reliable defenders this season, was great to hear that he signed a new contract to stay for another year.

Lascelles- another decent season from Jamal he leads by example on the field and off it, yes he made mistakes this season but still one of the first names on the teamsheet for me.

Schar- a disappointing season for Fabian considering his form last season, I still think he's a good option when we play a back 3 as I think his defensive frailties are less punished in that system as he has backup. The calls for him to be played further forward in a defensive midfield position where then lambasted when he actually did, again I still think he can play that role as I he does lack concentration at times to play in a back two.

Clark- being Irish i'm a bid fan of Ciaran Clark and i'll try to be as unbias as i can here, but I think we play better when he plays, and that is my main issue with him is he has a bit of an injury history if there was one centre back who might leave next season it may be him for this reason.

Lejuene- another season of injuries for him, I think he is up there with Schar as our best defender with the ball at his feet but his injury record is worrying.

Dummett- I think Paul falls into the two same categories I labelled Lascelles and Clark with he gives his all every game he plays but injuries have given him another stop start season. Versatility is his strength.

Manquillo- Another one who would be in contention for player of the season for me (though we all know who that will be). Has played right back, left back and centre back at times this season for us, another I was pleased to see extend his contract as he has really begun to show his value to the team this season.

Yedlin- What can I say about Yedlin that I've haven't said before, OK going forward but a liability when defending has been linked with a move away and I wouldn't be sad to see him go.

Willems- the man who started the season as the left back we've called for for a number of years, injury cruelly cut short his time at the club. I think if we had had the chance next season to have a retry of the loan with option to buy I'd do it. Impressed in his time here.

Krafth- I always give new players to the premier league the benefit, He was an odd signing though given we had 3(if you include sterry) right sided full backs already in the team. I think he's been OK for us, has filled in at centre back when needed too, I'd give him another season to prove his worth though before throwing him on the scrap heap though if we could recoup what we spent I wouldn't say no.

Rose- Brought in on loan after injuries to Willems and Dummett left us with no fit left back, again has done OK, on his day he's up there with the best left backs in the league imo he just needs to do it on a more consistent basis. As I said on the transfer thread I think he is one we might go for and if given a proper run and pre-season behind him and if he can stay fit could do well.
Last edited by lassassinblanc on Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'll Hazard a guess

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:23 pm

Player Review

Midfield

Shelvey- Another player where I say what can I say that I haven't already, is our most creative central option and when he plays well then we usually do win but he does need to be consistent our second highest goalscorer but as said needs to improve his creative side, I will say though he has improved on the disciplinary side of his game this season which is good to see.

Hayden- Another who is in the running for player of the season and probably a healthy 2nd place in that. A player you never doubt will give his all on the pitch, another good season for the lad.

S Longstaff- I think its been a mixed season for him, on potential ability I'd have him behind both Shelvey and Hayden in our midfield but always give his all.

M Longstaff- The much talked about breakthrough prospect and contract saga, Do I think he's a talent Yes do I think we should be paying him 50k+ No, Do I hope he does stay Yes, will I be sad to see him go- Not really tbh as I think he still has a lot of work to do and despite the clamour for him to play he needs to earn that right like everyone else. No player is bigger then the club comes to mind.

Ritchie- contributed to the highlight of the Brighton game with his "wee dick" comment. Another player who gives his all and you know he'll cover each blade of grass if you needed him to do so. He falls into the category though if we got a decent enough bid and replacement he might leave before his legs run out.

Almiron- Finally bagged his first goal and has gone on to be our top scorer this season. A real danger man for us and long may it continue.

Saint Maximin - Player of the season without a doubt. A player who would have fit right into our Entertainers era, hopefully he remains loyal in the summer and the club holds firm as he'll definitely have attracted a lot of admirers, if he stays fit next year with some good signings around him he could be the catalyst for a push up the league.

Atsu- A bit part player, honest professional but I think he'll leave come the summer

Lazaro- hasn't really happened for him at all this season with Inter and ourselves, has the talent but I think he believes he is better then he actually is tbh. Saying that out of the 3 loan signings in January he has impressed me the most but I wouldn't be in a rush to fork out 25m for him if it could be spent on other areas.

Bentaleb- I think he hasn't done as bad as people are making out, obviously lack of football previously has caused some rustiness, if we did sign him permanently I think we'd see the best of him if given a pre-season and time to shake off the cobwebs.

Forwards

Joelinton- Our big 40m summer signing who has failed to live up the price tag, like I said in regards to craft Krafth moving to a new league is never easy. I don't think he's a natural CF and goalscorer, I think his best moment this season have come when he's played on the wing or off another CF. I think he'll come good and needs the backing of the fans.

Gayle- the bench mark of the in limbo player is he good enough for the PL is he too good for the Championship. The one thing you can never fault is his effort I think he's the most natural finisher we have but needs to more consistent if we could bring in an upgrade for him I wouldn't be too sad to see him go.

Carroll- the prodigal son, I think he's done again OK, would have been nice to see him score, he might still of course if he is fit to play against Liverpool and that has been his main issue really his fitness, I think his a decent option though still

Muto- Another which falls into the category of it just hasn't worked for him has it, I'd love for it to as I think he has the talent but he just hasn't been able to show it, may well be sold come the summer.
Last edited by lassassinblanc on Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'll Hazard a guess

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:24 pm

What is needed?

A NEW OWNER FIRST AND FOREMOST

I actually don't care anymore if it the Saudis, Mauriss or bloody Martians as long as Ashley is gone from our club.

In terms of players wise the usual

left back- a creative midfield, wide players and a CF who will score goals should be top priority

And this is the problem the above targets for each position are takeover pending so I'm not even going to give a list.
I'll Hazard a guess

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:59 pm

Will give some detailed thoughts later, but in short I had incredibly low expectations for this season (to finish 17th) and the team / Bruce has surpassed that. But as it stands we’ll have the same again next season floundering around 12-14th.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:02 pm

lassassinblanc wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:24 pm
What is needed?

A NEW OWNER FIRST AND FOREMOST

I actually don't care anymore if it the Saudis, Mauriss or bloody Martians as long as Ashley is gone from our club.

In terms of players wise the usual

left back- a creative midfield, wide players and a CF who will score goals should be top priority

And this is the problem the above targets for each position are takeover pending so I'm not even going to give a list.
Do us a list for both. Arabian Warchest and Brucie's Bargains <awe>
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:50 pm

Think our season has been so average. ASM has been great but other than that nobody has really excelled. Fernandez has done well too but out of 10 most of the squad would be a 5 or 6.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:50 pm

Ashley Ownership Ins - Rose, Lusamba, Bentaleb, Fraser, Wilson

Saudi Ins - Willems, Koulibaly, Soumare, van de Beek, Sarr, Edouard,

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:34 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:50 pm
Ashley Ownership Ins - Rose, Lusamba, Bentaleb, Fraser, Wilson

Saudi Ins - Willems, Koulibaly, Soumare, van de Beek, Sarr, Edouard,
Pretty much sums it up

A few more I'd add to the Saudi list would Phillipe Coutinho or James Rodriquez both technically World Class player on their day who have fallen out of favour with their clubs
I'll Hazard a guess

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PTAO? » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:07 pm

We played relegation quality football but lucked out early on in the season with a few points we didn't deserve. We played better after lock down but then regressed after relegation was mathematically off.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:39 pm

Goalkeeper(s):

Yes he's made mistakes but 11 clean sheets is decent, and he's kept so busy that naturally he's more likely to make some mistakes but makes up for it with the number of saves.

Darlow - barely seen him but fine as a backup. Obviously lockdown cost him a run in the team when Dubravka was injured.

Defence:

Regressed since previous seasons (58 conceded this season compared to 48 last season and 42 season before). Looks disorganised at times. Lascelles is a good leader but seems to have gotten a bit sloppier. Shame that Lejuene has been crocked most of the season. Fernandez has been steady, Schar started well but looked awful since the restart, also a shame that Clarke got injured as he (like Fernandez) was steady too.

Fullbacks need improved. Manquillo for most of the season did alright, Yedlin needs to go and we need a better RB / RWB. Likewise at LB. Wasn't that impressed with Rose, Willems looked good so would like him back. Dummett is fine for a backup.

Midfield:

Not enough creativity from CM. Hayden does a good job at breaking up play. S Longstaff wasn't great, Shelvey was our top scorer (with 6!) but still goes missing a lot, Bentaleb had a couple of good games but not 100% sure - thought he hadn't played for over a year before signing for us and then we had lockdown so that will have contributed.

I like Ritchie and he always tries to drive the team and give people a kick up the ass, better when played on the wing rather than at wing back. Almiron works hard but still needs to find end product, ASM our biggest threat by a mile when fit. Unfortunately as the rest of our team are so nonthreatening it means the opposition can afford to stick two or three men on him. If he plays well we play well, if not then we invariably do nothing at all.

'Attack'....(supposedly)

Gayle did well to his credit after lockdown and it does make a difference playing an actual striker upfront but he is not PL standard (well, not good enough to be our starting CF). Joelinton isn't a striker, looks okay at times on the left.

Shelvely was our top PL scorer with 6. That is appalling for a PL club.

Manager:

Did more than I expected in terms of points gained but the football is poor. We won less games than last season, scored less goals and conceded more. Doesn't really seem to be much of a plan. Given the lack of attacking talent at his disposal I don't think we could have done much more. I'm baffled as to why M Longstaff was overlooked in the last few weeks, presumably as he has a move away lined up. Bruce does seem reluctant to change anything unless his hand is forced. But like I say, I didn't think we'd get the points we got so he did the job he was brought in to do.

Next season:

Sign 2 strikers if nothing else. We can make do with our defence and midfield as is but we need a couple of goalscorers who can get 10-15 each - I said Chris Wood and Callum Wilson in another thread. Our current defence and midfield with those two in attack would do okay. If more money is available then Willems (not Rose) would be great too. Maybe flog a CB to try and get someone more creative in midfield. I like McGinn but he'll be out of our price range and Villa won't have to sell now.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:46 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:39 pm

I like Ritchie and he always tries to drive the team and give people a kick up the ass, better when played on the wing rather than at wing back. Almiron works hard but still needs to find end product, ASM our biggest threat by a mile when fit. Unfortunately as the rest of our team are so nonthreatening it means the opposition can afford to stick two or three men on him. If he plays well we play well, if not then we invariably do nothing at all.
Top scorer (in all comps) with 8 goals this season <awe>

Next season:

Sign 2 strikers if nothing else. We can make do with our defence and midfield as is but we need a couple of goalscorers who can get 10-15 each - I said Chris Wood and Callum Wilson in another thread. Our current defence and midfield with those two in attack would do okay. If more money is available then Willems (not Rose) would be great too. Maybe flog a CB to try and get someone more creative in midfield. I like McGinn but he'll be out of our price range and Villa won't have to sell now.
Wilson will be my top target going forward, but they'll be competition for him you'd think. Woods is a good shout but not sure if we have much to offer him he's not already got at Burnley. Really hope we don't sign Rose, must be better options. I'd rather Dummett back to being first choice. McGinn would've been good but think that was only realistic if Villa went down, the little slugs. Would like to see us look at David Brooks from Bournemouth as an upgrade to Shelvey.

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:59 pm

Expected a relegation disaster but Bruce exceeded my rather low-bar expectations. I thought the team showed grit in producing those 'lucky' results, but can't constantly rely on grit so overall improvement in performance needed. We seem to play with a bit more freedom than under Benitez, but can't help but feel that we're sacrificing what has been a strong defensive base in doing so.

Takeover needs resolving either way asap so the club can be allowed to plan next year. Assuming there is no takeover. I'd keep Bruce and current squad but for Bentaleb and Rose. Need a more box-to-box midfielder to accompany Hayden. Bring back Willems, invest in an actual centre forward and definitely keep hold of Gayle.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:10 pm

I really don't think we were ever really in any danger after we got out of the relegation zone on week 10. We done the double over Sheffield United, Southampton and Bournemouth, Should have done the double over West Ham too. But got some good wins over Manchester United, Chelsea and Spurs which may have been lucky but hey sometimes luck is the difference in life.

We finished with 7 teams below us.

In terms of those teams , obviously the 3 relegated teams don't matter next season, so lets take the other four

Crystal Palace

They looked really poor, if Zaha leaves which I think he will, I can see them struggling unless they replace him but I'm not sure how attractive an option Palace would be. They won one game since lockdown against a Bournemouth team which were in freefall. I think Hodgson will be the first manager to go next season.

Brighton

They're in that bracket of how long can they get away with being so bad and relying on other teams to be worse (I'd put ourselves in that bracket too btw). They just got wins against teams below them when they needed which kept their head above water.

West Ham
Had it not been for Michael Antonio randomly finding his shooting boots they would have gone down but similar to Brighton they got wins against teams below them when they needed it. I think they'll probably be able to spend more then the other teams around them but I think it's a case if something happened to Lukasz Fabianski again I can see them struggling again.

Aston Villa

Let's be honest had Hawkeye worked they'd be down, it will be very interesting to see what happens with Grealish similar to Zaha he is their lynchpin and if he goes they would need to invest that correctly to replace him.

In terms of teams coming up next season

Who knows what will happen with Leeds, If they start well then I think they could do something similar to Sheffield United if they start badly and Bielsa decides that he has had enough and leaves, then they'll struggle.

West Brom I think they'll continue with their usual yo-yo.

the teams in the playoffs I couldn't see any of them making waves in the PL without heavy investment.
I'll Hazard a guess

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:15 am

jpg wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:59 pm
Expected a relegation disaster but Bruce exceeded my rather low-bar expectations. I thought the team showed grit in producing those 'lucky' results, but can't constantly rely on grit so overall improvement in performance needed. We seem to play with a bit more freedom than under Benitez, but can't help but feel that we're sacrificing what has been a strong defensive base in doing so.

Takeover needs resolving either way asap so the club can be allowed to plan next year. Assuming there is no takeover. I'd keep Bruce and current squad but for Bentaleb and Rose. Need a more box-to-box midfielder to accompany Hayden. Bring back Willems, invest in an actual centre forward and definitely keep hold of Gayle.
This.

We should look at getting Doucoure from Watford who's athletic, physical and box-to-box reminds me a bit of Yaya Toure in the way he can chip in with goals and has all-round decent technical ability. Will Hughes isn't the same as Doucoure but is a neat, tidy little midfield maestro sort of player who's great on the ball, we should also look at Brooks from Bourmouth who has great potential and would compliment Hayden well with his passing ability/dribbling/creativity. We need more technically gifted players in the middle of the park who can hold onto the ball, have confidence to run / dribble / maneuver and pass it if we want to play a more expansive brand of football (possession/attacking). No disrespect to Shelvey who can be a excellent passer of the ball at times but he's not exactly the quickest on his feet and can be a tad lazy/ill-disciplined at times with his positioning, not pressing, marking or doing his defensive duties properly and at this level we can't afford a luxury player like him. I don't think Bentaleb's the answer but would be interesting to see him when he's fully fit and with a pre season behind could be a different player next season.

On the defensive and attacking side of things we need quality. Manquillo's steady but unspectacular he can do a job but I don't know if he should be our first choice and Yeds can have his movements but without his pace he wouldn't be playing for a Prem team he just lacks genuine quality most of the times not only defensively but his crossing is erratic and he doesn't always use his pace to the best of his advantages he lacks dribbling/technique/composure in certain attacking positions too. I would love Max Aarons from Norwich but Bayern are being linked so we have no chance. A LB is a must.. Rose I'm not too keen on but could still do a job but I would prefer Jetro. In the striking department it's obvious what we need to do. Buy a PROPER striker/center forward. Callum Wilson would be perfect with his experience, record and finishing ability even though this season hasn't been as good as the one before he'll be a big upgrade on what we have now . I would say Igns/Wood.. but why would they come to us? Burnley / Southampton are similar clubs to us right now and both ended the season better. I would love someone young, hungry and with bags of potential like Victor Osmihoron, Jonathan David, Edourard, Luka Jovic, Mathius Cunha, etc in that mould. Ismael Sarr and Todd Cantwell would be beautiful! <awe> Just don't see it happening too many better clubs than us are being linked and Sarr could be a future replacement for Salah/Mane at Liverpool. Could see Cantwell at a Leicester / Tottenham... If the takeover happens we should go for them and Grealish <diva>

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:17 am

Sanchino wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:15 am
jpg wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:59 pm

This.

We should look at getting Doucoure from Watford who's athletic, physical and box-to-box reminds me a bit of Yaya Toure in the way he can chip in with goals and has all-round decent technical ability. Will Hughes isn't the same as Doucoure but is a neat, tidy little midfield maestro sort of player who's great on the ball, we should also look at Brooks from Bourmouth who has great potential and would compliment Hayden well with his passing ability/dribbling/creativity. We need more technically gifted players in the middle of the park who can hold onto the ball, have confidence to run / dribble / maneuver and pass it if we want to play a more expansive brand of football (possession/attacking). No disrespect to Shelvey who can be a excellent passer of the ball at times but he's not exactly the quickest on his feet and can be a tad lazy/ill-disciplined at times with his positioning, not pressing, marking or doing his defensive duties properly and at this level we can't afford a luxury player like him. I don't think Bentaleb's the answer but would be interesting to see him when he's fully fit and with a pre season behind could be a different player next season.

On the defensive and attacking side of things we need quality. Manquillo's steady but unspectacular he can do a job but I don't know if he should be our first choice and Yeds can have his movements but without his pace he wouldn't be playing for a Prem team he just lacks genuine quality most of the times not only defensively but his crossing is erratic and he doesn't always use his pace to the best of his advantages he lacks dribbling/technique/composure in certain attacking positions too. I would love Max Aarons from Norwich but Bayern are being linked so we have no chance. A LB is a must.. Rose I'm not too keen on but could still do a job but I would prefer Jetro. In the striking department it's obvious what we need to do. Buy a PROPER striker/center forward. Callum Wilson would be perfect with his experience, record and finishing ability even though this season hasn't been as good as the one before he'll be a big upgrade on what we have now . I would say Igns/Wood.. but why would they come to us? Burnley / Southampton are similar clubs to us right now and both ended the season better. I would love someone young, hungry and with bags of potential like Victor Osmihoron, Jonathan David, Edourard, Luka Jovic, Mathius Cunha, etc in that mould. Ismael Sarr and Todd Cantwell would be beautiful! <awe> Just don't see it happening too many better clubs than us are being linked and Sarr could be a future replacement for Salah/Mane at Liverpool. Could see Cantwell at a Leicester / Tottenham... If the takeover happens we should go for them and Grealish <diva>

I think we may be the same person <laugh> Brooks, Wilson, Aarons, Edouard would all be cracking signings. Sarr would as well, but as you say that's unlikely. Jonathan David is a highly rated young striker, being linked to Leeds, so could be realistic for us as well, but be a big gamble. Would be like Benteke/Wesley for Villa, sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. I can definitely see Cantwell going to Leicester, but would be a decent signing for us. Seems like a bit of a t***, though.

Sanchino

Post by Sanchino » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:03 pm

CIH wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:17 am
Sanchino wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:15 am

This.

I think we may be the same person <laugh> Brooks, Wilson, Aarons, Edouard would all be cracking signings. Sarr would as well, but as you say that's unlikely. Jonathan David is a highly rated young striker, being linked to Leeds, so could be realistic for us as well, but be a big gamble. Would be like Benteke/Wesley for Villa, sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. I can definitely see Cantwell going to Leicester, but would be a decent signing for us. Seems like a bit of a t***, though.
Great minds think alike. <gent>

Another one to include to that list is Buendia who's fast, skillful and technically gifted. Been linked to some of the top 6 sides and Leeds / Atletico Madrid. Only 23 and can only improve.. him, Aarons and Cantwell were the only shining lights for Norwich for this season you could also add Pukki but after his red hot start the goals started drying up in 2020 and he's on the wrong side of 30's otherwise I would have said we should consider him. Would anyone go for Gerard Deulofeu? This season he's been bang average and suffered from injuries but the season before that he scored 10+ and assisted quite a bit.. could be a good option to have coming of the bench or when we are rotating? Only 26.. can play out-wide and upfront.. <scratch>

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:38 pm

Sanchino was demanding Rondon on here back in 2012 (and has posted about him at least 111 times)), I say we make him head of recruitment <awe>

Sanchino

Post by Sanchino » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:07 am

Cal wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:38 pm
Sanchino was demanding Rondon on here back in 2012 (and has posted about him at least 111 times)), I say we make him head of recruitment <awe>
Cheers <gent>

I will always have a soft spot for Rondon as he's from the same country I was born in (Venezuela). Back in 2012 he was helping Malaga get into the top four and the Champions League he scored 11 in 37 and was there main no.9 leaving the likes of Ruud van Nistelrooy on the bench.. I always knew he was a talent, just wish we got him back then when he was in his early 20's. I would say we should still look to sign him.. even on a loan deal again he's better than any striker we have now and he's proven in the Prem. <awe>