NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2020)

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2020)

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:35 am

We're one of a number of clubs in PL interested in signing Jens Petter Hauge from Bodo/Glimt.

Only 20 years old has had a decent start to the new season here in Norway with 6 goals in 10 games.
I'll Hazard a guess

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:47 pm

CIH wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:14 am
Sanchino wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:29 am

Add in Atsu and someone like Clark/Yedlin to sweeten the deal so we also get Brooks in. <whistle>

Jacob Murphy.. will be like a new signing next season, he's been doing good at Wednesday recently. There's your Atsu replacement. :bandit:
Would be a big fan of Brooks. Upgrade for the Shelvey role. I like Clark, I think he's done a job for us when asked, but he's probably the CB most at risk of leaving. Using them as a makeshift for a deal for Brooks and/or Wilson would be a good shout, hopefully our transfer team are as logical <urgh>

I feel the Murphy comment is a little tongue in cheek, but it's a fair point. I know he gets a lot of stick, but we paid a decent wedge for him and we should give him a proper run out. Rafa obviously didn't fancy him, same as Mitro.
We have a transfer team?

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:52 pm

CIH wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:14 am
Sanchino wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:29 am

Add in Atsu and someone like Clark/Yedlin to sweeten the deal so we also get Brooks in. <whistle>

Jacob Murphy.. will be like a new signing next season, he's been doing good at Wednesday recently. There's your Atsu replacement. :bandit:
Would be a big fan of Brooks. Upgrade for the Shelvey role. I like Clark, I think he's done a job for us when asked, but he's probably the CB most at risk of leaving. Using them as a makeshift for a deal for Brooks and/or Wilson would be a good shout, hopefully our transfer team are as logical <urgh>

I feel the Murphy comment is a little tongue in cheek, but it's a fair point. I know he gets a lot of stick, but we paid a decent wedge for him and we should give him a proper run out. Rafa obviously didn't fancy him, same as Mitro.
Yeah same. I just want Murphy to get a proper run out he's 25 now and seems to be developing at a steady pace so surely as back-up/competition for our wingers/strikers he couldn't be any worse than Atsu? I still think we should have gone for his other brother Jacob Murphy back then but he didn't exactly set the Championship alight this season so yeah I say let Murphy come in, see how does in pre season and take it from there but if he or Atsu/Clark/Yedlin need to be used as sweeteners for the Brook/Wilson deal then I'm all for it.

Yeah I think Brooks would be perfect as he can play the box-to-box role playmaker role in midfield and even further forward as a AM/no.10 he'll be a upgrade on Shelvey as he's fitter, younger, quicker, more mobile and technically very gifted. I would love Ake too but it looks like he's destined for a top 6 side. <urgh>

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:12 pm

I think people overestimate the value of existing players as makeweights in transfers. With a world full of footballers, it seems pretty hard to actually identify players both sides of a deal want and also are willing to make the move and sign a new contract. More clubs would rather have the money to buy a player they want rather than a cast-off from a similarly mediocre side. Obviously there are exceptions, and in different sports that are dependent on trades it's easy enough, but with the transfer system the way it is, rarely seems to work.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:25 am

Remember Colo wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:12 pm
I think people overestimate the value of existing players as makeweights in transfers. With a world full of footballers, it seems pretty hard to actually identify players both sides of a deal want and also are willing to make the move and sign a new contract. More clubs would rather have the money to buy a player they want rather than a cast-off from a similarly mediocre side. Obviously there are exceptions, and in different sports that are dependent on trades it's easy enough, but with the transfer system the way it is, rarely seems to work.
True, but someone like Gayle is definitely a carrot for some Championship clubs as he guarantees you 20+ goals a season at that level.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:51 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:25 am
Remember Colo wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:12 pm
True, but someone like Gayle is definitely a carrot for some Championship clubs as he guarantees you 20+ goals a season at that level.
This. I think the swap deals are mooted far more often than they actually happen as they rarely benefit both sides. But when a relegated club needs to shift some wages or an unhappy player it can't hurt to get a proven Championship player in return.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:24 pm

ALF wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:51 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:

This. I think the swap deals are mooted far more often than they actually happen as they rarely benefit both sides. But when a relegated club needs to shift some wages or an unhappy player it can't hurt to get a proven Championship player in return.
I think the biggest issue wouldn't be that a championship club wouldn't want him, but that Gayle wouldn't want to go. He's previously stated that he see's himself as a premier league striker, and although he has been a bit more clinical since the restart - he's clearly more suited to the second tier. Wilson would be an upgrade for us, and hope we go in for him.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:38 pm

ALF wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:51 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:

Despite what I said, I do agree with both of you that he'd be an attractive option for Championship sides we might want to buy from. Also highlights that on top of that it's also hard to get the players onside too.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:54 pm

Watched both legs of the playoff SF between Brentford and Swansea.

Behrami looks decent, very technically gifted just needs to work on his composure in front of goal, and Ollie Watkins looks good too - would take them if Brentford don’t come up.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Sanchino

Post by Sanchino » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:16 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:54 pm

Behrami looks decent, very technically gifted just needs to work on his composure in front of goal, and Ollie Watkins looks good too - would take them if Brentford don’t come up.
I'll be careful with getting Championship wingers/forwards.. but Watkins and especially Behrami look quality. I just hope Watkins anit a Gayle 2.0 where he scores 20+ in the Championship but struggles to hit double figures in the Prem. Brentford's front three is exciting.. they've scored so many goals between them aren't they called ''BMW''? <laugh> Behrami, Mbeumo and Watkins.

Linked to Callum Wilson and David Brooks today. Imagine we get both of them? <awe>

We've been linked to a highly rated USA youngster Weston McKennie.. if he's like a Pulisic then why not? <diva>

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:27 am

McKennie would be a good signing your typical box 2 box type midfielder.

I remember seeing a report about him before with the words "Could run for days" highlighted.

Very good in the tackle too I'd compare him To Hayden if I was asked for a Newcastle comparison.

Wilson has a big decision to make I see spurs and West ham also linked.

He might get more money at spurs but would be behind Kane so I don't think he'd fancy that . As for West ham I'd say they'd be our main rival for him as theyd probably pay more and could realistically offer him first team football.
I'll Hazard a guess

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:28 am

Sanchino wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:16 am
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:54 pm

I'll be careful with getting Championship wingers/forwards.. but Watkins and especially Behrami look quality. I just hope Watkins anit a Gayle 2.0 where he scores 20+ in the Championship but struggles to hit double figures in the Prem. Brentford's front three is exciting.. they've scored so many goals between them aren't they called ''BMW''? <laugh> Behrami, Mbeumo and Watkins.

Linked to Callum Wilson and David Brooks today. Imagine we get both of them? <awe>

We've been linked to a highly rated USA youngster Weston McKennie.. if he's like a Pulisic then why not? <diva>
Would love Brooks and Wilson, would improve us for sure. Both have interest from other clubs, I can see Wilson going West Ham. Weston McKennie is a defensive midfielder that plays for Schalke I think? Has a future ahead of him, be an interesting gamble.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

Sanchino

Post by Sanchino » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:07 pm

lassassinblanc wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:27 am
McKennie would be a good signing your typical box 2 box type midfielder.

I remember seeing a report about him before with the words "Could run for days" highlighted.

Very good in the tackle too I'd compare him To Hayden if I was asked for a Newcastle comparison.

Wilson has a big decision to make I see spurs and West ham also linked.

He might get more money at spurs but would be behind Kane so I don't think he'd fancy that . As for West ham I'd say they'd be our main rival for him as theyd probably pay more and could realistically offer him first team football.
Agreed. Brooks / Wilson should come to us but there could be more tempting offers. McKennie looks like a prospect.. this article sums it up perfectly. https://releasetheknappen.com/2020/05/0 ... l%20impact.

''Weston McKennie is all-action, he covers so much ground and he manages to pop up just about everywhere on the pitch with relatively low risk to hurting the club. Whether he's playing centerback, rightback, central midfield or wide midfield, he always manages to have a universal impact.'' Sounds like a very versatile utility player.. maybe he's like the American Milner ? Wouldn't be too shabby then.. <scratch> <diva>

I think we should go for Doucoure from Watford.. he's proven quality at this level and is a box-to-box like a Yaya-Toure lite. We need some physical presence, athleticism and power in the middle of the pitch. We've lacked that at times this season someone to take the game by the scruff of the neck and give us energy.. Hayden is a excellent tackler and interceptor but I wouldn't say he's the most powerful or physical, Shelvey can be weak / lightweight at times and the Longstaff brothers look like decent box-to-box CM's with good potential but there still developing but I wouldn't attribute powerful/physical presence with them.. I thought maybe Bentaleb could be that player but he's underwhelming and off the pace to say the least. Someone like Moussa Dembele would be great for us.. shame he's in China and he's old at 33 now but back in his Tottenham days he was a monster of a midfielder.. not only did he have great technical ability but he had great physicality and athleticism. Superb box-to-box midfielder who can could literally do everything in the middle of park.. mixed the subtle & guile with brute strength and physicality. <awe>

Captain Obvious
Drunk Control
Drunk Control

Post by Captain Obvious » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:39 am

It’s believed he kept his options open over the summer following interest from Arsenal and Tottenham, but with no ‘top six’ clubs coming forward in the end, the above ‘exclusive’ reveals this morning that he’s now set to pick either Newcastle, West Ham or Crystal Palace.

(Ryan Fraser that is, who is out of contract)

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:54 am

Well it won’t be us as we won’t pay the wages that palace or more likely West Ham will.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:00 am

Fraser would be a huge signing now as i don't see us keeping ASM.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:22 pm

IMO our only hope of getting Fraser would be if he wants to live closer to his family.

Captain Obvious
Drunk Control
Drunk Control

Post by Captain Obvious » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:16 pm

Didn't Danny Rose have pretty much the pick of the bottom half and came to us? I think NUFC is still a draw with it's 52,000 stadium etc. I also heard Bruce does things like getting a day off if you win and I don't think is overly hard on the players. Sort of thing probably appeals.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:24 pm

Rose wanted to move back up north, and there's no one at the moment between us and Sheffield United, who had a left back while we were short. If Leeds offered he'd jump at the chance, I think we were just convenient.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:51 pm

Colly wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:24 pm
Rose wanted to move back up north, and there's no one at the moment between us and Sheffield United, who had a left back while we were short. If Leeds offered he'd jump at the chance, I think we were just convenient.
Tend to agree, but it does highlight that there're always circumstances of convenience that can lead to attracting some players. I'm definitely not looking forward to this window though, but the finances of everything right now might make for a weird one in general.