Toon Takeover Thread - Chopra should be champing at the bit

Will the PIF-backed takeover happen and do you want it to?

Yes it will happen and I want it to
37%
Yes it will happen but I don't want it to
7%
Unsure but I want it to
24%
Unsure but I don't want it to
10%
No it won't happen but I want it to
10%
No it won't happen and I don't want it to
2%
Couldn't give a f***
10%

Total votes: 41

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free

Re: Toon Takeover Thread - PIF Pull Out, Reuben Brothers still interested...?

Post by biggeordiedave » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:24 am

PFT wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:53 am
biggeordiedave wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:02 am

Well if any of those huge companies pull out of sponsorship deals with the PL because of this I will eat every hat in my house.

How many hats are we talking about here?
Quite a few. I've got a massive head so I only have a couple of hats, but my wife and son have loads of hats between them.
Kindly deeds done for free!

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:21 pm

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/f ... s-18757239

Apparently all parties, including PIF, remain in talks and are "fully committed" to the takeover.

Sounds like a load of s***!

krully
Germany (Müller)
Germany (Müller)

Post by krully » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:10 pm

Have we tried getting in touch with these parties personally and ask for opinions, off the record, and if they are genuinely committed to it?

DDuc
Hewf, Hewf, Hewf, Tactical Inept Mince
Hewf, Hewf, Hewf, Tactical Inept Mince

Post by DDuc » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:47 pm

biggeordiedave wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:24 am
PFT wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:53 am

How many hats are we talking about here?
Quite a few. I've got a massive head so I only have a couple of hats, but my wife and son have loads of hats between them.
Garrus Vakarian wrote:It's so easy to see the galaxy in black and white, but grey? I don't know what to do with grey...
My Ambition Knows No Bounds
Behold My Tl;dr Prowess

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:06 pm

DavideDuck wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:47 pm
biggeordiedave wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:24 am

He is still as awkward on camera now.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:13 pm

biggeordiedave wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:21 pm
https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/f ... s-18757239

Apparently all parties, including PIF, remain in talks and are "fully committed" to the takeover.

Sounds like a load of s***!
The Saudis have to play nice to all sides and not be seen to diss members of the talks.

Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Sir Bobby » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:08 pm

I think the lack of communication probably means there are NDAs all over that are still in place, so I think things are absolutely going on in the background. We just don’t know what.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:59 pm

https://chionwurahmp.com/2020/08/premie ... is-letter/

Premier League response to Chi Onwurah. A lot of nothing, though does seem to confirm the issue of not knowing who would be involved.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:20 pm

Colly wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:59 pm

Premier League response to Chi Onwurah. A lot of nothing, though does seem to confirm the issue of not knowing who would be involved.
Which they probably should have just said (no doubt there was confusion about how the Prince and his cronies were going to be involved). There were plenty of potential reasons to fail them, they should have just picked a few and been done with it. Instead it extends this drama even longer.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:31 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:20 pm
Colly wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:59 pm

Which they probably should have just said (no doubt there was confusion about how the Prince and his cronies were going to be involved). There were plenty of potential reasons to fail them, they should have just picked a few and been done with it. Instead it extends this drama even longer.
I'm not sure I follow. If the statement is true (big if I know) then the process was still ongoing, and the league hadn't made the decision on whether to approve or not. It did take a long time but it sounds like things were happening, but regardless surely it needs to be done right if it's done at all?

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:16 pm

Hopefully this puts an end to the whole affair and our fans will accept the answer. The PL have said their bit so it's now done. Takeover isn't happening so move on.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Re: Toon Takeover Thread - PL Release Statement

Post by overseasTOON » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:51 pm

Next up. A consortium consisting of Huawei, the North Korean Overseas Bank and that chap who owns Belarus.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:43 pm

Colly wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:31 pm
Remember Colo wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:20 pm

I'm not sure I follow. If the statement is true (big if I know) then the process was still ongoing, and the league hadn't made the decision on whether to approve or not. It did take a long time but it sounds like things were happening, but regardless surely it needs to be done right if it's done at all?
I'll admit my post was really just about the idea that the PL was disapproving of the Saudi leadership/involvement confusion, and not about it being an ongoing process. I may even give the benefit of the doubt that it was still ongoing, but I think they could have been more decisive, though what we'll never probably know is how many questions they were posing to the ownership group and how well they were answering them. For all the lack of transparency from the PL, I think it's reasonable to assume the KSA wasn't being transparent either.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:17 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:43 pm
Colly wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:31 pm

I'll admit my post was really just about the idea that the PL was disapproving of the Saudi leadership/involvement confusion, and not about it being an ongoing process. I may even give the benefit of the doubt that it was still ongoing, but I think they could have been more decisive, though what we'll never probably know is how many questions they were posing to the ownership group and how well they were answering them. For all the lack of transparency from the PL, I think it's reasonable to assume the KSA wasn't being transparent either.
Without doubt that is a reasonable assumption to make about dialogue going both ways.

If Mike is still trying to keep this bid alive as has been reported; do the PL have to restart the process from scratch if they come back as they've publicly announced that they had withdrawn?

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:20 pm

Seems bizarre from the Premeier League.

Surely normal practice would be for the Premier League to reject the deal then the consortium can dispute this and initiate the arbitration proccess.

Instead the Premier league wanted the consortium to go to the arbitrator before they made a decision. That process takes 12-18 months. I'm not surprised the consortium pulled out, that is ridiculous from the Premier League.

If the Premier League didn't want it to happen they should have just rejected the takeover instead of trying to delay it as long as possible to actually avoid making any sort of decision.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:50 pm

Oh well, can’t say it’s changed my weekend plans either way.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:55 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:17 pm
Remember Colo wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:43 pm

Without doubt that is a reasonable assumption to make about dialogue going both ways.

If Mike is still trying to keep this bid alive as has been reported; do the PL have to restart the process from scratch if they come back as they've publicly announced that they had withdrawn?
Even if it's "restarted", they surely can pick back up from where there were now having so much more information than before. I'm really curious what Staveley's role has been through all of this, because there seems to be so much miscommunication and confusion, and I'd have thought her role was to keep things moving smoothly and ensure the proposal was easy to understand. But maybe that's an impossible job when herding billionaires and billionaire dictators.

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:23 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:51 pm
Next up. A consortium consisting of Huawei, the North Korean Overseas Bank and that chap who owns Belarus.
If it would make us the richest club in the world, our fans would be all over it.

"So they murder generations of families because one of them spoke out against the Supreme Leader...that's just their culture and we have to accept that."

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:32 pm

Wonder how many innocent civilians have been killed by the U.K. government being drawn into wars on foreign soil under the guise of ridding the world of evil yet in reality it’s for political or financial reasons, or oil wars based on completely fabricated evidence? <roll>

P.s. I don’t care either way about the Saudi’s, just one example of how we’re far from perfect and that every country in the world has some sort of blood on their hands. Granted the Saudi’s are towards the extreme end, but let’s not kid ourselves that Britain is or has only ever been a force for good in the world. We’ve done some utterly shameful things in our recent and past history.

Anyway, the above ramble doesn’t really matter as the PL didn’t give a s*** about the human rights abuses. If they did we certainly wouldn’t have PL clubs under Chinese or Qatari ownership.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:46 pm

biggeordiedave wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:23 pm
overseasTOON wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:51 pm
If it would make us the richest club in the world, our fans would be all over it.

"So they murder generations of families because one of them spoke out against the Supreme Leader...that's just their culture and we have to accept that."
I for one welcome Glorious Leader
I'll Hazard a guess