Toon Takeover Thread - Chopra should be champing at the bit

Will the PIF-backed takeover happen and do you want it to?

Yes it will happen and I want it to
37%
Yes it will happen but I don't want it to
7%
Unsure but I want it to
24%
Unsure but I don't want it to
10%
No it won't happen but I want it to
10%
No it won't happen and I don't want it to
2%
Couldn't give a f***
10%

Total votes: 41

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Re: Toon Takeover Thread - PL Release Statement

Post by overseasTOON » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:16 pm

I only did that to spell KNOB.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Re: Toon Takeover Thread - PIF Pull Out, Reuben Brothers still interested...?

Post by overseasTOON » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:18 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:13 pm
biggeordiedave wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:21 pm
https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/f ... s-18757239

Apparently all parties, including PIF, remain in talks and are "fully committed" to the takeover.

Sounds like a load of s***!
The Saudis have to play nice to all sides and not be seen to diss members of the talks.
And this one to mention Saudis and "dis"member...

Honestly peeps. I'm wasted here.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:22 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:32 pm
Wonder how many innocent civilians have been killed by the U.K. government being drawn into wars on foreign soil under the guise of ridding the world of evil yet in reality it’s for political or financial reasons, or oil wars based on completely fabricated evidence? <roll>

P.s. I don’t care either way about the Saudi’s, just one example of how we’re far from perfect and that every country in the world has some sort of blood on their hands. Granted the Saudi’s are towards the extreme end, but let’s not kid ourselves that Britain is or has only ever been a force for good in the world. We’ve done some utterly shameful things in our recent and past history.

Anyway, the above ramble doesn’t really matter as the PL didn’t give a s*** about the human rights abuses. If they did we certainly wouldn’t have PL clubs under Chinese or Qatari ownership.
Qatar owns a French club, not one in the PL. And there's a difference between a civilian from a country owning a club (like the Chinese-owned clubs), and the government of the country owning a club (like we would be). I think it's completely reasonable though to criticize the approval of Man City's sale, given the slippery slope it's put the league on though, because I agree it's dangerous to have to draw a line between the transgressions of one government (or ruling royal family) against another.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:07 pm

And as I've made it clear on multiple occasions, our government are a bunch of utter pricks so the fact they do business with the Saudis is absolutely no comfort to me with regard to them taking over us.

Wor flags have put some anti PL flags outside the Gallowgate. It's a bit pathetic but I'm not engaging with that on Twitter anymore, it's not worth the grief from hundreds of pricks who've never even been in the ground.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:43 pm

This is going to get messy, Premier League claiming information was witheld with regard to ownership, PIF claiming the highest possible authorities provided the information they needed. Problem here for the Premier league is those assurances can go public. I honestly don't feel this is the end, feels like the premier league have played their cards so publicly and can be backed into a corner.

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:34 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:43 pm
This is going to get messy, Premier League claiming information was witheld with regard to ownership, PIF claiming the highest possible authorities provided the information they needed. Problem here for the Premier league is those assurances can go public. I honestly don't feel this is the end, feels like the premier league have played their cards so publicly and can be backed into a corner.
It's a complete mess. Stavelys husband has tonight been liking tweets saying the Premier League is corrupt.

Today both Stavelys husband and Jamie Reuben have both been actively liking tweets confirming the deal isn't dead.

Meanwhile the Premier League have now publicly claimed that the PIF didn't give them assurances over the involvement (or lack of) of the Saudi state. PIF are claiming they did. As you say that can very easily be proved and if so I'd imagine PIF/Stavely will have their legal teams all over it. Talk of Ashley considering legal action against the Premier League as well.

The Premier League have really f***ed this up. If they weren't happy with PIF assurances they about the government they should have just failed them and then the appeal / arbitration proccess could take place. Instead they just kept moving the goal posts and essentially making up new clauses for the O&D test as they went along. Can see why PIF got frustrated and just pulled out. The contents of Masters letter to the MP combined with thier overall handling of this now leaves the Premier League in a vulnerable position. I doubt we've heard the end of this.

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:15 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:32 pm
Wonder how many innocent civilians have been killed by the U.K. government being drawn into wars on foreign soil under the guise of ridding the world of evil yet in reality it’s for political or financial reasons, or oil wars based on completely fabricated evidence? <roll>

P.s. I don’t care either way about the Saudi’s, just one example of how we’re far from perfect and that every country in the world has some sort of blood on their hands. Granted the Saudi’s are towards the extreme end, but let’s not kid ourselves that Britain is or has only ever been a force for good in the world. We’ve done some utterly shameful things in our recent and past history.

Anyway, the above ramble doesn’t really matter as the PL didn’t give a s*** about the human rights abuses. If they did we certainly wouldn’t have PL clubs under Chinese or Qatari ownership.
The whataboutery from our fans has been one of the worst bits of this whole saga.
Kindly deeds done for free!

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:35 pm

For me the main aspect that was queried was the Person of Signicant Control (POSC) as this was where the actual main Chairman of PIF is Mohamed Bin Salman (MBS).

Irrespective of who is officially the Chair of PIF, who is currently not MBS. He has the overall authority to make final decisions in respect to investment.

PL ask who does the final decision towards funding end?

To be fair. Where and who.

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:56 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:35 pm
For me the main aspect that was queried was the Person of Signicant Control (POSC) as this was where the actual main Chairman of PIF is Mohamed Bin Salman (MBS).

Irrespective of who is officially the Chair of PIF, who is currently not MBS. He has the overall authority to make final decisions in respect to investment.

PIF say they provided written assurances from the Saudi Royal Court that the kingdom would have no influence over the running of NUFC.

Therefore the Premier League had to either accept that and move forwards with The O&D test or reject that and disqualify them as per the below.

By not failing them and by refusing to do anything with the information (forcing the consortium to pull out) the Premier League have left themselves in a vulnerable position.

They either had to believe PIF that MBS / Saudi state would have no influence in the running of the club and proceed with the O&D test based on the info they received from the consortium. Or believe that what PIF were saying was false and therefore fail / disqualify them. Instead they just did nothing.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:11 am

TJR wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:56 pm
overseasTOON wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:35 pm

PIF say they provided written assurances from the Saudi Royal Court that the kingdom would have no influence over the running of NUFC.

Therefore the Premier League had to either accept that and move forwards with The O&D test or reject that and disqualify them as per the below.

By not failing them and by refusing to do anything with the information (forcing the consortium to pull out) the Premier League have left themselves in a vulnerable position.

They either had to believe PIF that MBS / Saudi state would have no influence in the running of the club and proceed with the O&D test based on the info they received from the consortium. Or believe that what PIF were saying was false and therefore fail / disqualify them. Instead they just did nothing.
Alright.

That law of F1.1.1 states without clear acknowledgement that the bid was outside the realms of any ownership in terms of a lack if definition of who is the PoSC (Person of Signicant Control)

Here the problem resides. As above, how and where does MBS reside in all of this. Answer that and perchance all iss good

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:22 am

Its pretty ridiculous that the premier league can reject the information from legitimate sources, argue all you like with how trustworthy the Saudi Royal courts are, but how do you explain away rejecting WTO position that PIF are a seperate entity. If that information isn't good enough then what is? This is where the impossible situation arises, there is literally no other way left to provide proof.

Also no matter your opinion on the takeover, can you really sit there and be comfortable with a league that will manipulate its own rules to get its way?, a league that says "there has been no press briefing/ leaks" yet half the media recite the statement almost word for word a week earlier and some even earlier? Can you trust a league that wants to force an appeals process on a decision that hasn't been made.

End of the day forget about the Saudis, all this shows is even if the cleanest of clean person wants to buy a football club the Premier League can manipulate the rules to deny it. Personally I'm seriously thinking of giving up on football for the foreseeable future, its hard to stay invested in something that is pretty much rigged, especially when there are other options out there. I'd honestly take a couple of relegations at this point because the PL just seems like a cancer deep routed Into the sport and getting invested would just be a waste of time.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:33 am

And Loh, a new bid enters stage right.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:02 pm

Group fronted by Michael Chopra interested???
I'll Hazard a guess

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:05 pm

This is just taking the piss now, can't be arsed with it. Are we even a football club anymore?

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:46 am

Don Sholeone wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:22 am
Its pretty ridiculous that the premier league can reject the information from legitimate sources, argue all you like with how trustworthy the Saudi Royal courts are, but how do you explain away rejecting WTO position that PIF are a seperate entity. If that information isn't good enough then what is? This is where the impossible situation arises, there is literally no other way left to provide proof.

Also no matter your opinion on the takeover, can you really sit there and be comfortable with a league that will manipulate its own rules to get its way?, a league that says "there has been no press briefing/ leaks" yet half the media recite the statement almost word for word a week earlier and some even earlier? Can you trust a league that wants to force an appeals process on a decision that hasn't been made.

End of the day forget about the Saudis, all this shows is even if the cleanest of clean person wants to buy a football club the Premier League can manipulate the rules to deny it. Personally I'm seriously thinking of giving up on football for the foreseeable future, its hard to stay invested in something that is pretty much rigged, especially when there are other options out there. I'd honestly take a couple of relegations at this point because the PL just seems like a cancer deep routed Into the sport and getting invested would just be a waste of time.
Agree with this. The money/politics of the sport are just killing it.

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:56 am

The concerning thing about this bid Chopra is fronting (aside from it being fronted by Chopra ofcourse) is that they've already announced it in the media before anything has even been agreed.

Why can't a group just follow normal practice and not leak anything to the media? The first we should hear about a takeover is the official announcement when it is completed.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:38 pm

Because we have become a tool for publicity, the free advertising for this group will exceed the desire to buy the club. This failed takeover is only going to ramp up the ridiculous links unfortunatly, any NUFC takeover story right now is a goldmine for clicks and exposure. Same with Mauriss if he even exists, its just free publicity.

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:50 pm

<laugh> <laugh> <laugh>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:58 am

<laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:14 am

The failed Saudi bid has set the club so far back it’s now 2010 again.