France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Re: Holidays

Post by Blue & Maroon » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:11 am

Tsi wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:06 pm
Blue & Maroon wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:55 pm
Managed to move Singapore from the end of this month to June next year, fingers bloody crossed I've been sad since we left our hotel in October 2018 <laugh> Hopefully have some interesting places on the books for the end of next year, all being well.
Maybe you could pick up a bottle or two of this

<roll>
<worried> <worried>

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:55 am

Michael Owen's beer starts off great and you think it's the best thing ever, however it just gradually becomes totally bland by the end. It leaves a real sour taste afterwards.
Kindly deeds done for free!

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:12 pm

biggeordiedave wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:55 am
Michael Owen's beer starts off great and you think it's the best thing ever, however it just gradually becomes totally bland by the end. It leaves a real sour taste afterwards.
<laugh>
I heard it costs a fortune as well.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:34 pm

Thinking of risking a trip out to Singapore at the start of November given the outlay is only £350 return and if covid is an issue - I can change dates for free or take a credit to use for a different booking.

Just keeping an eye on the quarantine rules for Singapore at present as its a strict no entry policy with 7 days self quarantine rules. If that relaxes - I'm off.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:01 am

Nothing to lose then <ok>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:55 am

overseasTOON wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:34 pm
Thinking of risking a trip out to Singapore at the start of November given the outlay is only £350 return and if covid is an issue - I can change dates for free or take a credit to use for a different booking.

Just keeping an eye on the quarantine rules for Singapore at present as its a strict no entry policy with 7 days self quarantine rules. If that relaxes - I'm off.
<awe>

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:20 am

I won't be going on holiday until the world is somewhat "normal" again. I don't think my anxiety could cope with being anywhere other than at home at the moment <worried>

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:16 am

I've got a honeymoon in November that was all booked before the pandemic. <awe> Flights already moved airport once (Virgin Atlantic no longer use Gatwick), and I've found out that one resort is not re-opening until December - not that they thought to tell us this - and they're not responding to any contact about getting my deposit back. Antigua has a handle on things thankfully, and you're not allowed in without a recent negative test, but still looking forward to the UK shitshow over the next month nonetheless.

Already had to plan and replan the wedding several times over, with last minute changes as late as a week before - when the return of wedding receptions was delayed two weeks with an evening's notice. I'm never planning anything ever again.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:31 am

Stressful, I know someone who's planning a wedding for May next year but planning it 'as normal' e.g. inviting loads of people, big venue etc.

Whilst it could all be okay by then and they're allowed 150+ people in the same place, there's a very high chance that with the number of cases expected over winter that there will be restrictions in place come May-21.

If I was them I'd have just planned a small wedding with close family/friends, and when things really settle down or become clearer have a big party. Less stress, less risk.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:42 am

They could always buy a few shotguns and claim it's a "fancy dress shooting party" if the police ask.

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:43 am

Yeah that's what we ended up going with, kept it down to immediate family and friends on the original date - it's not likely that big parties are going to be a thing for a long time yet. We'll do something for extended family at some point, but not worth the stress right now.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:48 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:31 am
Stressful, I know someone who's planning a wedding for May next year but planning it 'as normal' e.g. inviting loads of people, big venue etc.

Whilst it could all be okay by then and they're allowed 150+ people in the same place, there's a very high chance that with the number of cases expected over winter that there will be restrictions in place come May-21.

If I was them I'd have just planned a small wedding with close family/friends, and when things really settle down or become clearer have a big party. Less stress, less risk.
Cousin has her wedding in May as well, think they are inviting close friends and family but just as a group of cousins there are 9 of us all bar 2 have partners so thats already 16 then aunties, uncles, close friends. Got my fingers crossed for them but as you say hard to see how there won't be a cap come May.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:50 am

Cal wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:43 am
Yeah that's what we ended up going with, kept it down to immediate family and friends on the original date - it's not likely that big parties are going to be a thing for a long time yet. We'll do something for extended family at some point, but not worth the stress right now.
We got married 21st March this year had to cancel everything (obviously) but still managed to get married with parents there which is the main thing. Trying to sort something out for the same time next year as the venue and other companies have been great but I don't think either of us can be arsed <laugh>

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:52 am

Let us know if you get to Singapore OT, we were meant to be flying tomorrow moved it to next June, I'm interested in what the process is once you get there and how open everything is in reality.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:24 am

Blue & Maroon wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:52 am
Let us know if you get to Singapore OT, we were meant to be flying tomorrow moved it to next June, I'm interested in what the process is once you get there and how open everything is in reality.
My friend lives out there and I chat with him every few weeks.

Everything is open in regards to restaurants and bars etc but there is a curfew from half 9 in the evening and a huge fine if found to be breaking it.

Everywhere around the country; you'll find QR codes for checking in and out of all buildings (business and residential), buses, taxi's etc and all logged via an app so very easy and most attractions are open.

Masks are compulsory anywhere outside your house and large fines for flouting it. You can visit other households but they ask for no more than 6 and try not to make it too frequent - the app will alert them if you're too social.

They're looking into relaxing entry for certain countries but given our R rate is on the up - not confident they'll add the UK to the list in time.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:41 am

overseasTOON wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:24 am
Blue & Maroon wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:52 am

Everything is open in regards to restaurants and bars etc but there is a curfew from half 9 in the evening and a huge fine if found to be breaking it.

Everywhere around the country; you'll find QR codes for checking in and out of all buildings (business and residential), buses, taxi's etc and all logged via an app so very easy and most attractions are open.

Masks are compulsory anywhere outside your house and large fines for flouting it. You can visit other households but they ask for no more than 6 and try not to make it too frequent - the app will alert them if you're too social.

They're looking into relaxing entry for certain countries but given our R rate is on the up - not confident they'll add the UK to the list in time.
yeah the issue is not being in Singapore, its our country being a shitshow
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:11 pm

Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:41 am
overseasTOON wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:24 am

yeah the issue is not being in Singapore, its our country being a shitshow
I was fairly confident Singapore would be ok by now and had no problems with going there was not a hope in hell they were ever going to let foreigners, especially with our s*** record in at this stage.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:38 pm

I might go overseas to Kent in January.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:59 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:38 pm
I might go overseas to Kent in January.
Borders in Kent, Gib and Ni with a view to more in all crown dependencies, Scotland and Wales soon. Good time to be a fence builder.

At least I might get an EU passport via Scotland.

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:27 am

We're seriously considering moving up the road a bit. The closest part of the border is about 35 miles away from me as the crow flies so it wouldn't be a ridiculous move for us. I would quite happily become a Scottish citizen if that's what it comes to in the future.