Coronavirus

Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Sir Bobby » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:24 am

What’s people’s preferred term for it? Coronavirus? Simply corona? Covid? “Everything going on”? My Aussie mate always calls it Miss Rona which makes me laugh inside. I like “corona” personally.

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:13 am

Sir Bobby wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:24 am
What’s people’s preferred term for it? Coronavirus? Simply corona? Covid? “Everything going on”? My Aussie mate always calls it Miss Rona which makes me laugh inside. I like “corona” personally.
I tend to use "covid" but a lot of people I know call it "the rona" <laugh>
Kindly deeds done for free!

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:18 pm

Cronutvirus.

Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Sir Bobby » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:52 pm

I’ve heard the rona used a couple of times in the wild. Yet to hear cronutvirus, however.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:51 pm

I live in Wolverhampton so from Tuesday no going to other people’s houses. But it’s okay to go to / meet people in pubs, cafes or restaurants, to go to work, for kids to go to school, to go shopping, to go to the gym...but just don’t go into someone else’s house - utter waste of time.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:25 pm

The new rules are inexplainable

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:49 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:51 pm
I live in Wolverhampton so from Tuesday no going to other people’s houses. But it’s okay to go to / meet people in pubs, cafes or restaurants, to go to work, for kids to go to school, to go shopping, to go to the gym...but just don’t go into someone else’s house - utter waste of time.
There is nothing taxable about going to your friends/ familys house. If no money exchanges hands the virus strikes.

Good of the virus to recognise taxable activities and stay away from them really. Well up until 10pm of course, then the virus begins its nightshirt in all venues regardless.

Also at least it's having the weekend and Monday off in Wolverhampton. The virus seemingly only gave us 12 hours notice up here in the North East.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:42 am

Got 2 weeks holiday coming up on Monday, hopefully spend some time in the lakes then see our Nephews, can see the rona trying to assassinate this holiday like it did with my wedding <grr> I've been f***ing sensible f***ing s**** paying for other people's arsing about, some form of nationwide lockdown is inevitable soon, I'm not arsed about pubs closing or anything or even sitting around the house for my 2 weeks off but not seeing our nephews would be heartbreaking, they are only 2 and 5 it's already been 6 months can see it being a year before we see them.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:41 am

Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:50 am

Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:41 am
Oops.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:36 pm

BoJo to make a statement in the House tomorrow.

Expect some "relaxed" lock down measures such as national curfews as he doesn't want to do "full lock down"

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:55 pm

Can’t he just announce his resignation?

Not that it matters as some other clueless t*** will just take over.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:02 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:55 pm
Can’t he just announce his resignation?

Not that it matters as some other clueless t*** will just take over.
SpoilerShow

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:36 pm

The s*** rags are twisting things as usual.

"£10000 FOR LEAVING YOUR HOUSE"

Technically true, but only if you've had a positive test result and you're meant to be isolating. Is a £10k fine for not isolating when you have an incredibly infectious virus harsh? I don't think so.
Kindly deeds done for free!

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:48 pm

Panic buying of s*** roll has kicked off again. Went to the supermarket this morning and spotted several people with 3 or 4 multi-packs of 24 rolls.

I added a few extra packs of yeast to my basket as we bake fresh bread a few times a week but that's all we needed.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:54 am

Was watching Channel 4 news last night and Tim Martin, he of Wetherspoons was interviewed about the pub curfew and claimed that pubs are so well run they keep the infection rates down.

He was interviewed from the Isles of Scilly; where until this morning - had never reported a covid case.

Wonder why he was there?

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:28 am

<laugh>

Tbf most of the pubs and restaurants I've been in have been very good at social distancing, screens up, one way systems, table ordering etc. Granted that on Friday/Saturday night when all the tossers come out they're probably much busier though and harder to enforce social distancing. But I've found going to pubs early evening or weekend afternoons for food etc. has been fine. You're probably more likely to be closer to people in the workplace...

Speaking of which, I was supposed to go back to the office for 2 days per week from mid-October. But given that I can do my job from home I'm presuming that might now change. My gf works for the RAC and they were told this week that they'll be working from home for another 6 months. It does highlight how lots of businesses don't actually need physical premises (or certainly not on the scale they have now) anymore.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:44 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:28 am
<laugh>

Tbf most of the pubs and restaurants I've been in have been very good at social distancing, screens up, one way systems, table ordering etc. Granted that on Friday/Saturday night when all the tossers come out they're probably much busier though and harder to enforce social distancing. But I've found going to pubs early evening or weekend afternoons for food etc. has been fine. You're probably more likely to be closer to people in the workplace...

Speaking of which, I was supposed to go back to the office for 2 days per week from mid-October. But given that I can do my job from home I'm presuming that might now change. My gf works for the RAC and they were told this week that they'll be working from home for another 6 months. It does highlight how lots of businesses don't actually need physical premises (or certainly not on the scale they have now) anymore.
Yeah the return to work is over. I work for Barclays who were gearing up but now its back to home. Maybe some businesses will split the difference, have small shadow staff in offices (you do one day a week)
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:12 pm

Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:44 am
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:28 am
<laugh>

Yeah the return to work is over. I work for Barclays who were gearing up but now its back to home. Maybe some businesses will split the difference, have small shadow staff in offices (you do one day a week)
Yeah that would make more sense.

Because the government aren't mandating it there will be a mixed response from employers. A friend of mine works for Staffordshire Uni and they were told yesterday that despite what the PM announced, they'd be going back as per their initial plans and that nothing had changed.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:07 pm

I don't know how accurate the fact is but I've heard that only 5% of new infections are from pubs and restaurants, 90% of the ones I've been to have been spot on and a lot of our new cases are work and office based as well as clusters coming from schools.