NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2020)

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2020)

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:41 pm

Aren't they still paying Begovic £70k a week <laugh>

Reports I saw said he was asking for £75k from Bournemouth when they were trying to sort a new contract.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:43 pm

I think some people underestimate the wages the mid-bottom tier of PL clubs are paying out these days. Our cheapskate ways for the past decade have influenced what Newcastle fans think are normal wages.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:33 am

That’s true, but they still won’t have been paying him £100k a week.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:55 am

lassassinblanc wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:36 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:34 pm

Yeah.

I'd certainly take either of those if Chelsea were subsidising some of the wages.

I think Joelinton is our top earning player
Wilson was reportedly on £60k a week at Bournemouth so I'd guess we've increased that a bit and he's maybe our top earner on about £70k a week?
I believe Jonjo was our top earner until Miggy and Joelinton came in he was on a reported 80k
If that's true.. then Wilson has to be one of our top earners at around the 70-80k mark.. Joelinton on 80k? <yikes> <laugh>

I wouldn't mind Barkely / Loftus-Cheek would add good technical ability, goals, assists and dynamism into the midfield.. a upgrade on Shelvey. If there on 100k+ plus wages.. can't we pay half of them and let Chelsea pay the rest.. they'll still be saving some money and letting 2 of there midfield squad players get some valuable game time. Only concern I'll have with them is there fitness/injury history.. apart from that it's worth a punt.

Oh and Bournmouth paying someone 100k a week? Don't sound right to me.. maybe something like 50-60k yh with added on bonuses for goals/appearances/performance related to make it up to potentially 100k. <ok>

Captain Obvious
Drunk Control
Drunk Control

Post by Captain Obvious » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:15 pm

All very quiet even though undoubtedly we still need bodies. A ST is imperative if only to relegate Joelinton down the pecking order such that he can continue to be seen as a winger where he is quite clearly more effective. We also need a CB, with Ritchie potentially out for a while Dummett now has to be seen as a LB. If we can get hold of a good CM then great but I doubt there's money or the desire and we're well stocked there, just not blessed with great quality (and Shelvey and Hendrick are two of the slowest footballers on the planet).

On the plus side it sounds like the club has reached an agreement for young Peruvian International Rodrigo Vilca who is set to join as an U23 recruit. He plays in the hole behind the forward and will hopefully be a Perez type find.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:24 pm

Captain Obvious wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:15 pm
All very quiet even though undoubtedly we still need bodies. A ST is imperative if only to relegate Joelinton down the pecking order such that he can continue to be seen as a winger where he is quite clearly more effective. We also need a CB, with Ritchie potentially out for a while Dummett now has to be seen as a LB. If we can get hold of a good CM then great but I doubt there's money or the desire and we're well stocked there, just not blessed with great quality (and Shelvey and Hendrick are two of the slowest footballers on the planet).

On the plus side it sounds like the club has reached an agreement for young Peruvian International Rodrigo Vilca who is set to join as an U23 recruit. He plays in the hole behind the forward and will hopefully be a Perez type find.
<perv>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:33 pm

Captain Obvious wrote:

Overseas prospect heading for the u23s....guaranteed we'll never see him anywhere near the first team then such is our inability to improve players <laugh>

Poor lad, Peru looks really nice.

Sanchino

Post by Sanchino » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:47 pm

Captain Obvious wrote:

Well said. <applause>

Yes.. Joelinton should be regarded as a WINGER/CAM/SS mainly but if needed (injuries to Wilson/Gayle) then play him as a out and out no.9 but preferably that won't happen. :bandit:

I'll love as stated so many times a quality central midfielder to compliment Hayden.. Shelvey / Hendrick are OK-ish but not top-standard and not the most technically gifted, athletic, quick or physical to influence or dictate a game or take it by the scruff of the neck and give us that box-to-box energy that we need. Moussa Dembele in his prime (Tottenham days) would be exactly what we need. <awe>

A ST and a versatile defender (can play all over the back four) would be ideal.. now with Ritchie injured.

Let's hope Vilca is like a Perez.. if he achieves half of what Perez did then he'll be worth every penny. <ok>

I heard Rondon saying he would come back to us if we approach him.. on loan I'll take him.. more mobile & a better target-man now than Carroll who's clearly past it, too slow, a red card waiting to happen & will eventually get injured <urgh>

Rondon knows how Miggy plays.. and would compliment ASM/Wilson well. <ok> <smooch> <diva>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:54 am

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... fa-benitez

Life in China sounds s*** thf! £250k a week probably takes the sting out of it a little.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:59 am

Loftus-Cheek still available on loan....would be a big upgrade in midfield for us.

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:15 am

http://nufc.com
On the absent Dan Barlaser:

"There is something imminent towards Rotherham. I wish him the best of luck, I hope it goes well.

"He needs to go and play football. It would be wrong for me to put him back with the academy now.

"I didn't want to stand in his way. There is a (permanent) deal to be done."

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:55 am

Cal wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:15 am
On the absent Dan Barlaser:

"There is something imminent towards Rotherham. I wish him the best of luck, I hope it goes well.

"He needs to go and play football. It would be wrong for me to put him back with the academy now.

"I didn't want to stand in his way. There is a (permanent) deal to be done."
Seems like a smart move for him. The Chronicle are saying we're putting a 50% sell on clause in too. I feel like if he's not even looking at getting into the 25 man squad at 23 then it's probably not worth him sticking around. We don't need another Haris Vuckic who joined the club at 16 and left when he was 72.
Kindly deeds done for free!

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:15 am

biggeordiedave wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:55 am
Cal wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:15 am

Seems like a smart move for him. The Chronicle are saying we're putting a 50% sell on clause in too. I feel like if he's not even looking at getting into the 25 man squad at 23 then it's probably not worth him sticking around. We don't need another Haris Vuckic who joined the club at 16 and left when he was 72.
Yeah I agree. At 23 he's not a young prospect anymore, but smart move to put the 50% clause in as we did well out of the Toney move to Brentford.

That Juventus defender we were rumoured to be interested in is also linked to Fulham, Sevilla and a few others.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:28 am

lassassinblanc wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:35 am
We're one of a number of clubs in PL interested in signing Jens Petter Hauge from Bodo/Glimt.

Only 20 years old has had a decent start to the new season here in Norway with 6 goals in 10 games.
This lad just signed for AC Milan, be interesting to see how he'll do in a higher league, I believe PL teams who were interested ourselves, Brighton and West Ham being the chief will monitor his situation over the next year to see how he adapts to life outside of Norway but a real big talent.
I'll Hazard a guess

krully
Germany (Müller)
Germany (Müller)

Post by krully » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:33 am

I'd feel more comfortable with a technical midfielder and CB in 😓

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:35 am

krully wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:33 am
It feels like we’ve already done our business this summer, I only expect outgoings from now on.

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:12 am

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:35 am
krully wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:33 am
It feels like we’ve already done our business this summer, I only expect outgoings from now on.
I feel like there haven't been any really strong rumours of any of our key players leaving. I don't know if that's a good thing or shows how s*** we actually are <laugh>.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:17 am

biggeordiedave wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:12 am

I feel like there haven't been any really strong rumours of any of our key players leaving. I don't know if that's a good thing or shows how s*** we actually are <laugh>.
I think it's only going to be deadwood that we shift in this window. I can't think of any of our starting players that have even been briefly linked away in the last few months. Dubravka was linked to Napoli at one point, but that's about it. I wonder if anyone wants Shelvey.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:17 am

biggeordiedave wrote:

I think it's only going to be deadwood that we shift in this window. I can't think of any of our starting players that have even been briefly linked away in the last few months. Dubravka was linked to Napoli at one point, but that's about it. I wonder if anyone wants Shelvey.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:32 am

CIH wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:17 am
biggeordiedave wrote:

I suppose there was the Ritchie to Bournemouth move but that never felt like it was going to happen for me. Dubravka is the last player I'd want to leave.