Newport County v Newcastle - League Cup 4th Round

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Re: Newport County v Newcastle - League Cup 4th Round

Post by lassassinblanc » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:40 pm

Through to the next round and that's all that matters.
I'll Hazard a guess

originallad
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by originallad » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:40 pm

7 nil away win against Morecambe and then a penalties win against Newport. It's a funny old game.

Captain Obvious
Drunk Control
Drunk Control

Post by Captain Obvious » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:40 pm

lassassinblanc wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:40 pm
Steve? Is that you?

originallad
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by originallad » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:41 pm

Tactical genius is Bruce.

Scalabrine
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Scalabrine » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:42 pm

Manchester City, we're coming for you...

Captain Obvious
Drunk Control
Drunk Control

Post by Captain Obvious » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:42 pm

Most of all I'm pleased for Joelinton. He looks much, much better playing from deep - serious power on the turn - and although I'm sure he's gutted to have missed a penalty it'll be so much easier for the lad that it hasn't cost us. Onto Burnley on Saturday, for me he's got to be one of the first names on the sheet BUT ONLY if on the flank behind Wilson

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:43 pm

That was f***ing dreadful.

QFs <diva>
Kindly deeds done for free!

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:44 pm

Yeah Joelinton looked okay but whatever confidence he had will take a hit. He’s fine until he try’s to score.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:44 pm

Captain Obvious wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:42 pm
Most of all I'm pleased for Joelinton. He looks much, much better playing from deep - serious power on the turn - and although I'm sure he's gutted to have missed a penalty it'll be so much easier for the lad that it hasn't cost us. Onto Burnley on Saturday, for me he's got to be one of the first names on the sheet BUT ONLY if on the flank behind Wilson
Did we watch the same match or are you on glue? Joelinton was absolutely s**** <laugh>

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:45 pm

lassassinblanc wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:40 pm
We are in massive trouble if we don't change.

Captain Obvious
Drunk Control
Drunk Control

Post by Captain Obvious » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:45 pm

biggeordiedave wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:44 pm
Captain Obvious wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:42 pm
Did we watch the same match or are you on glue? Joelinton was absolutely s**** <laugh>
In the bin with you, couldn't name anyone that had a better game (not that that says much...)

Edit other than Lewis

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:47 pm

Think tonight has highlighted a huge reason for our poor attacking returns and its our awful midfield, they drop far too deep which forces the front 3/4 to drop deeper, there is literally no reason shelvey should be dropping that far back. Joelinton was instrumental in coming back imo, he came deep and drove the ball upfield and actually put us on the front foot. I'm actually pissed off that shelvey got the goal because its going to mask the fact he was the main reason we didn't even look like scoring earlier.

Also think today showed Gillespie is definitely our 3rd choice keeper, ive seen a freshly dunked rich tea biscuits put up more resistance than his hands. Murphy is too greedy for someone who's end product is piss poor, lastly we need to ban Fernández from having the ball at his feet anywhere in the opposition half, good defender, worst passer of the ball ive ever seen.

Captain Obvious
Drunk Control
Drunk Control

Post by Captain Obvious » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:52 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:47 pm
Think tonight has highlighted a huge reason for our poor attacking returns and its our awful midfield, they drop far too deep which forces the front 3/4 to drop deeper, there is literally no reason shelvey should be dropping that far back. Joelinton was instrumental in coming back imo, he came deep and drove the ball upfield and actually put us on the front foot. I'm actually pissed off that shelvey got the goal because its going to mask the fact he was the main reason we didn't even look like scoring earlier.

Also think today showed Gillespie is definitely our 3rd choice keeper, ive seen a freshly dunked rich tea biscuits put up more resistance than his hands. Murphy is too greedy for someone who's end product is piss poor, lastly we need to ban Fernández from having the ball at his feet anywhere in the opposition half, good defender, worst passer of the ball ive ever seen.
Bruce fluked a tactical positive when he brought Schar on for Krath. It gave us a ball playing CB that can play the ball over the top/in behind himself which meant Jonjo could/was required to push forward that meant the rest of the team could push forward too. We should have won it at the end, another 5-10 minutes and I'm sure we would have. They looked shattered and couldnt get out.

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:54 pm

I must be mistaking Joelinton for someone else then. Who dummied the pass with nobody anywhere near him so it went out for a goal kick and who attempted the overhead kick?

My stream was poor and I was watching it on my phone so it's a genuine question <laugh>

Captain Obvious
Drunk Control
Drunk Control

Post by Captain Obvious » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:56 pm

biggeordiedave wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:54 pm
I must be mistaking Joelinton for someone else then. Who dummied the pass with nobody anywhere near him so it went out for a goal kick and who attempted the overhead kick?

My stream was poor and I was watching it on my phone so it's a genuine question <laugh>
Wilson was the overhead kick I believe, can't remember the pass!

HowayTheLads
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by HowayTheLads » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:04 pm

Captain Obvious wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:56 pm
biggeordiedave wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:54 pm

Wilson was the overhead kick I believe, can't remember the pass!
Wilson was the overhead kick.

Joelinton was that dummy.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:06 pm

This is how ridiculous the Joelinton hate has got, he gets blamed for things other players have done <roll>

Only thing you could level at him is the penalty, but still, it wasnt even a bad penalty, had power behind it and was heading into the far corner, just their goalie went the right way and pulled off a decent save.

Captain Obvious
Drunk Control
Drunk Control

Post by Captain Obvious » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:08 pm

He got the assist for the goal and when he came on he picked the ball up deep, turned and drove forward. If Fraser is half a yard quicker/fitter he gets the assist there too. Time to get behind the lad, he's not a striker we know but fair play he's looked one of our better players the last two games for all that we've been f*cking s****.

HowayTheLads
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by HowayTheLads » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:28 pm

Captain Obvious wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:08 pm
He got the assist for the goal and when he came on he picked the ball up deep, turned and drove forward. If Fraser is half a yard quicker/fitter he gets the assist there too. Time to get behind the lad, he's not a striker we know but fair play he's looked one of our better players the last two games for all that we've been f*cking s****.
Not going to argue with the end of your point but I think praise for an assist is a bit of a stretch. Shelvey made that goal himself, the pass was not an integral piece of the play or amazing vision.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:42 pm

Man C
Man U
Spurs
Everton
Liverpool/Arsenal
Brentford/Fulham
Villa/Stoke

Other teams in / possible in the QFs.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?