Coronavirus

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: Coronavirus

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:22 pm

To highlight the stupidity of some of the great British public, just seen a woman walking out of aldi with 64 toilet rolls.

Coup be Micky’s mrs I suppose.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:22 pm
To highlight the stupidity of some of the great British public, just seen a woman walking out of aldi with 64 toilet rolls.

Coup be Micky’s mrs I suppose.
If it were huggies then maybe

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:46 pm

I don't understand the thought process of people that are hoarding bog rolls at this time. They are effectively saying that if the supply infrastructure collapses they don't mind starving to death so long as they have something to wipe their arse with when they are doing it.

If you are inclined to hoard toilet rolls should be well down the list of priorities.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:58 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:46 pm
I don't understand the thought process of people that are hoarding bog rolls at this time. They are effectively saying that if the supply infrastructure collapses they don't mind starving to death so long as they have something to wipe their arse with when they are doing it.

If you are inclined to hoard toilet rolls should be well down the list of priorities.
I can sort of grasp the panic first time, sort of. But 2nd time round when you realise that the supply chain was under zero chance of collapse even with your daft panic buying then you still go out and do it!? How f***ing thick do you have to be?

Normal people mildly pissed off by fucknuts again for a couple of weeks.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:20 pm

Just again shows what we all know, a significant % of the British population are complete fucktards.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:32 am

Donkey Toon wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:46 pm

But the media told me that the internet told people to buy toilet rolls, now I need to buy toilet rolls because everyone knows they're running out now! <ohnoes>

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:21 am

I wonder how many of the toilet roll hoarding d***s are also the same people using words like "plandemic" and refusing to wear a mask...
Kindly deeds done for free!

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:00 am

Girlfriends sister has tested positive so now she has to self isolate for a week (got no symptoms but was in direct contact with her sister on Monday).

I don’t have to self isolate as even tho I was since in direct contact with my gf, I was never in direct contact with her sister.

Though I’ve got no plans until end of next week and work from home anyway, so other than a trip to the shop to buy food I’m not doing anything anyway.

Somebodys pinched my sombrero
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Somebodys pinched my sombrero » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:44 am

Got back from Portugal on Monday after cancelled flight to Newcastle, had to go to Leeds, and a bus from there to pick my car up. Arrived home seven hours late.
Now we have to quarantine for two weeks because we’ve come from a country with a much lower rate of infection than ours. I was a believer in the government at the start of this, but some of the stuff happening now is absolute bollocks.
Supporting the Toon since 1972.

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:02 am

Somebodys pinched my sombrero wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:44 am
Got back from Portugal on Monday after cancelled flight to Newcastle, had to go to Leeds, and a bus from there to pick my car up. Arrived home seven hours late.
Now we have to quarantine for two weeks because we’ve come from a country with a much lower rate of infection than ours. I was a believer in the government at the start of this, but some of the stuff happening now is absolute bollocks.
I've criticised the government heavily from the start as their response was about two weeks too late, but at least in the beginning the guidelines were relatively clear. Now it's just a complete shitshow.
Kindly deeds done for free!

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:14 pm

biggeordiedave wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:02 am
Somebodys pinched my sombrero wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:44 am
I've criticised the government heavily from the start as their response was about two weeks too late, but at least in the beginning the guidelines were relatively clear. Now it's just a complete shitshow.
The original lockdown worked very well, albeit like you say too late. Was worried about the exercise thing but it was taken in good faith by 99% of the population, clear guidelines little room for error, no massive need to police it.

Since then it's been a shitshow. Room to bend the rules, slow implementation of masks, rule of six etc. Just a hot mess. Until recently I could meet me mam for a pint in a pub in York but not I'm the North East but I could travel to the North East. It's just mental. Keep it simple stupid.

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:55 pm

Sir Bobby wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:24 am
What’s people’s preferred term for it? Coronavirus? Simply corona? Covid? “Everything going on”? My Aussie mate always calls it Miss Rona which makes me laugh inside. I like “corona” personally.
In texas it's generally refered to as the China Virus or the Democrat Hoax.

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:37 am

Trump and his wife have tested positive for it.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:56 am

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:37 am
Trump and his wife have tested positive for it.
Hope he lives.

Want to see that guy in an orange jumpsuit.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:22 am

Ahaha hahahahaha

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:07 pm

The government heard immunity plan is in full swing.

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:42 am

Over 850 confirmed cases at Northumbria and Newcastle Uni already, roughly 10% symptomatic (including my brother). Definitely a great idea for universities to have been allowed to restart, especially bringing first years on campus etc.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:01 am

Cal wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:42 am
Over 850 confirmed cases at Northumbria and Newcastle Uni already, roughly 10% symptomatic (including my brother). Definitely a great idea for universities to have been allowed to restart, especially bringing first years on campus etc.
All part of the government plan, they know it’s incredibly unlikely that a student will die...

The Uni I work at has provisionally said I’ll be back in the office from mid October 2 days per week but that was before the government announcement last week on working from home if you can. I need to get 4 trains a day if commuting, I’m not student facing so have no need to be in the office so completely pointless if they make me go back.

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:07 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:01 am
Cal wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:42 am
All part of the government plan, they know it’s incredibly unlikely that a student will die...

The Uni I work at has provisionally said I’ll be back in the office from mid October 2 days per week but that was before the government announcement last week on working from home if you can. I need to get 4 trains a day if commuting, I’m not student facing so have no need to be in the office so completely pointless if they make me go back.
Perhaps, but completely ignores that they're very good at spreading it beyond their age range, and there will be a number with long-term issues caused by the virus. It'd be interesting to see how things would go if there was some kind of university bubble agreed upon up front, rather than luring them in and then trying to lock them down in halls.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:20 am

Yeah, it has been a farce. A think a lot of it has been driven by financial pressures (same reason as to why they reopened shops, pubs, restaurants etc when they did). It’s not beyond the realms of possibilities that some universities could have gone under if students weren’t allowed back. The sector has already taken a huge hit with massive falls in overseas student numbers, they bring big money with them in terms of fees which are far higher than the already high domestic / EU student fees.

Luckily my post is research based and externally funded but of the 3 uni’s I’ve worked at I know all have been making a lot of redundancies.