NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2020)

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2020)

Post by beatski » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:29 pm

Should have signed Loftus-Cheek <neg>

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:35 pm

Problem with all the free agents is that they're all incredibly injury prone or suffer from fitness issues.

Welbeck is nearly 30, has never scored double figures in the league and only 3 times in all competitions and has managed 2 seasons with over 20 appearances in the last 6 years.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:59 pm

Sanchino wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:18 pm
lassassinblanc wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:36 am

Joking of course, but free transfers are allowed

Danny Welbeck just released by Watford might be worth a punt
I'll take a punt on Welbeck you know.. never has been prolific but he's strong, decent in the air, athletic, mobile & versatile (can cover ST/SS/LW/RW).. if he's on reasonable wages, surely worth it? Either that or go for Sturridge who's also a free agent.. <whistle>

Would love someone like Josh King.. maybe a loan with obligation to buy next summer? Not only is a decent player but can link up with his old pals Wilson & Fraser again. <love>

Edit : Just checked other decent free agents are Pato, Gotze, Kagawa & Fabio Borini :bandit: <whistle> <run> <run>

Ben Arfa, Mandzukic, Clyne, Garay, Mariappa & Souare all free agents to... :bandit:

If we want a CB/RB/LB cover we should for either Clyne/Mariappa.. Not world beaters or anything but would add depth to the squad & Premier League experience. I'll take Gotze / Kagawa on reasonable wages.. Ben Arfa / Mandzukic would never happen but would be great <diva> <awe>
Think Welbeck is off to West Ham but yeah he'd be someone I'd be enquiring about, I'd say wages would be the main stumbling block there though.

Sturridge on similar deal to Carroll would be a good bit of business.

Think Pato has already signed for Internacional or is at least close to signing for them.
Gotze is training with Hertha I believe so will most likely be signing with them
Clyne is similar with Palace so I think he'll be signing for them.
Marriappa is a good shout alright even if only on a one year deal as cover

Borini would be a decent shout too tbh despite his Sunderland connections.

I would say that I'd imagine all of the above have been assessed by the Transfer team at Newcastle and a few other clubs.

And there be be a mixture of reasons they haven't moved.

As i've said many times bringing in a player isn't just as easy as going to the shops and buying a loaf of bread. The emotional and family side of things is often more important then then financial side of things for a player.

Where will my kids go to school?
What is there to do in the area when I'm not training?
What programs are in place to help my family settle in the area?

A lot of the players listed above have spent considerable time in an country or place they need to make sure before they move if they'll be able to cope with the situation (similar the club need to assess that).

Take for example Sturridge he spent 8 months in Turkey and had his contract ripped up, foreign clubs would have a red mark against him for that. He's was also banned for breaking betting rules I believe that ban started in March not sure if it is still active or if it was delayed due to no football being played. so only came back into force when football got back under way, these would all be questions clubs ask.
I'll Hazard a guess

Captain Obvious
Drunk Control
Drunk Control

Post by Captain Obvious » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:25 pm

throw in the fact as well that you've got be sure what we're getting is better than what we have, especially if we can't shift what we have. As it is I would think Yedlin will be the 25th player registered and Atsu will be omitted from the squad. Are you bringing in players who won't get injured, are versatile and worth the wage etc. Would I risk Yedlin (or defensive cover) being omitted for a striker? Maybe, depends when Gayle is set to return and how quickly you can get any out of contract player up to speed. I think we've had a great window myself, yes we're one injury (Wilson) away from issues but that's still a lot better than last season. And Gayle, when he returns, will give us extra cover.

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:05 pm

lassassinblanc wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:59 pm
Sanchino wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:18 pm

I'll take a punt on Welbeck you know.. never has been prolific but he's strong, decent in the air, athletic, mobile & versatile (can cover ST/SS/LW/RW).. if he's on reasonable wages, surely worth it? Either that or go for Sturridge who's also a free agent.. <whistle>

Would love someone like Josh King.. maybe a loan with obligation to buy next summer? Not only is a decent player but can link up with his old pals Wilson & Fraser again. <love>

Edit : Just checked other decent free agents are Pato, Gotze, Kagawa & Fabio Borini :bandit: <whistle> <run> <run>

Ben Arfa, Mandzukic, Clyne, Garay, Mariappa & Souare all free agents to... :bandit:

If we want a CB/RB/LB cover we should for either Clyne/Mariappa.. Not world beaters or anything but would add depth to the squad & Premier League experience. I'll take Gotze / Kagawa on reasonable wages.. Ben Arfa / Mandzukic would never happen but would be great <diva> <awe>
Think Welbeck is off to West Ham but yeah he'd be someone I'd be enquiring about, I'd say wages would be the main stumbling block there though.

Sturridge on similar deal to Carroll would be a good bit of business.

Think Pato has already signed for Internacional or is at least close to signing for them.
Gotze is training with Hertha I believe so will most likely be signing with them
Clyne is similar with Palace so I think he'll be signing for them.
Marriappa is a good shout alright even if only on a one year deal as cover

Borini would be a decent shout too tbh despite his Sunderland connections.

I would say that I'd imagine all of the above have been assessed by the Transfer team at Newcastle and a few other clubs.

And there be be a mixture of reasons they haven't moved.

As i've said many times bringing in a player isn't just as easy as going to the shops and buying a loaf of bread. The emotional and family side of things is often more important then then financial side of things for a player.

Where will my kids go to school?
What is there to do in the area when I'm not training?
What programs are in place to help my family settle in the area?

A lot of the players listed above have spent considerable time in an country or place they need to make sure before they move if they'll be able to cope with the situation (similar the club need to assess that).

Take for example Sturridge he spent 8 months in Turkey and had his contract ripped up, foreign clubs would have a red mark against him for that. He's was also banned for breaking betting rules I believe that ban started in March not sure if it is still active or if it was delayed due to no football being played. so only came back into force when football got back under way, these would all be questions clubs ask.
Yeah, good points you make. Some of these free agents are still worth the punt imo because form is temporary but class is permanent. But yeah there's a reason some are free agents.. injuries/fitness records. Will they be better than what we already have? location, wages, etc?

Plus as someone mentioned.. we need to shift the deadwood first aka Aarons, Lazar, Saviet, Atsu, etc before getting bodies in. Yedlin will most likely be the 25th player registered.. I just worry that if Wilson gets injured we'll be short up top & we don't want ASM playing as a ''false 9'' or Joelinton as we know he's ineffective playing as a central forward he's more a wide player or second striker/attacking midfielder. Sturridge / Welbeck IF wages were reasonable on a 3 month contract wouldn't be the worst till Gayle comes back? But there looking for high inflated pay packages as there getting on now in there early 30s and looking for potentially a last big pay day so it's highly unlikely. Mariappa would be good cover.. & I'm sure he'll be on a modest reasonable wage bracket (20k - 40k) ?

Sanchino

Post by Sanchino » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:15 pm

Just saw Antonio Valencia is a free agent.. he's 35 but highly experienced & can cover RB/RWB/RW.. anyone take him?

Kwadwo Asamoah has had his contract terminated by Inter Milan. Perfect utility man. Has a great engine, good footballing IQ, strong, athletic & technically adept. He's 31.. can cover DM/CM,RB/ LB/LWB/LW.. vastly experienced with Ghana earning over 70 caps.

<scratch> If we get Yedlin / Atsu / etc of the books.. why not go for someone like him?

krully
Germany (Müller)
Germany (Müller)

Post by krully » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:22 pm

The less crocks on the books the better, even if it's a play as you pay basis they're taking up numbers. Would rather have someone good enough/ a hard worker over another Carroll

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:16 pm

Exactly. Carrying Carroll is one thing, wasting two squad places on him and Danny Welbeck is another thing altogether.

Why is Atsu still here? :(

Captain Obvious
Drunk Control
Drunk Control

Post by Captain Obvious » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:34 pm

I think Carroll is a bit part of the dressing room and I am happy to have him around. He might not have scored but he does offer us something different and he got an assist versus Tottenham (of sorts) whilst also playing well against West Ham. He's not the player that we sold but if we can manage him and nurse him through the season I think he has a role to play on and off the pitch.

That said we can't afford any more crocks, really we need a striker who is guaranteed to stay fit given we have Gayle and Carroll on the books. Atsu will surely be off and I'd say Yedlin will be the last man into the 25 - if there's a way we can leave Gayle unregistered and bring in a striker I would love that but would create an issue in January and I'm not sure anyone is going to be jumping to sign a 2 and half month deal!

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:45 pm

Why don't we dig up Bobby Moore and George Best whilst we are at it

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:44 pm

In regards to the likes of atsu he can still move, as can others.

Gotze just signed for psv too
I'll Hazard a guess

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:09 am

lassassinblanc wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:44 pm
In regards to the likes of atsu he can still move, as can others.

Gotze just signed for psv too
It's wild he's only 28 years old. Guess it speaks to how young he was when he broke through that it feels like he's been around for so long.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:16 am

Agree about the crocks, yeah you can accommodate one in the team but signing 2 or 3 would be mental.

Sturridge has played 17 games in 2 seasons, Wilshere 16 games in 2 seasons, Welbeck not much better - would not touch any of them with a barge pole.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:26 am

Sign them up, we love an injury crisis

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:24 am

Cal wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:26 am
We generally put up a good fight to top that table.

Captain Obvious
Drunk Control
Drunk Control

Post by Captain Obvious » Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:19 am

overseasTOON wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:24 am
Cal wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:26 am
But now we have an ace up our sleeve
SpoilerShow

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:22 am

<laugh>

I mean that is actually embarrassing when you see the facilities that a lot of other PL clubs have now <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:33 am

Captain Obvious wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:19 am
overseasTOON wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:24 am

But now we have an ace up our sleeve
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
?

Sanchino

Post by Sanchino » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:12 am

Yohan Cabaye is on a free.. yes he's 34 but surely could still do a better job than Jonjo? I don't know if his legs or physicality would cut it at this age playing a box-to-box role but you never lose the passing, footballing IQ or technical ability. Give him a 1 year contract? Loan Matty Longstaff out for a season in the Championship so he can get regular games under his belt.

Balotelli is a free agent too.. still only 30. More mobile than Carroll & on his day can be a beast. :bandit: <whistle>

Marko Mandzukic available too which I'm shocked. He's 34 and would probably demand crazy wages but in terms of genuine quality he'll be a useful asset as a mobile target-man as he's great in the air, physical, strong, hard-worker & bags of energy/tenacity. Can play out wide too.. maybe he can teach a Joelinton a thing or too? Plus he's vastly experienced, still a decent finisher & athletic for someone his size.. issue is the wages would be 100k+?

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:18 am

Dreamboat <awe>
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair