NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2020)

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2020)

Post by biggeordiedave » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:23 am

Sanchino wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:12 am
Yohan Cabaye is on a free.. yes he's 34 but surely could still do a better job than Jonjo? I don't know if his legs or physicality would cut it at this age playing a box-to-box role but you never lose the passing, footballing IQ or technical ability. Give him a 1 year contract? Loan Matty Longstaff out for a season in the Championship so he can get regular games under his belt.

Balotelli is a free agent too.. still only 30. More mobile than Carroll & on his day can be a beast. :bandit: <whistle>

Marko Mandzukic available too which I'm shocked. He's 34 and would probably demand crazy wages but in terms of genuine quality he'll be a useful asset as a mobile target-man as he's great in the air, physical, strong, hard-worker & bags of energy/tenacity. Can play out wide too.. maybe he can teach a Joelinton a thing or too? Plus he's vastly experienced, still a decent finisher & athletic for someone his size.. issue is the wages would be 100k+?
I bet you were thrilled when Dalglish signed Stuart Pearce, Ian Rush and John Barnes <erk>.
Kindly deeds done for free!

Captain Obvious
Drunk Control
Drunk Control

Post by Captain Obvious » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:51 am

biggeordiedave wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:23 am
Sanchino wrote:
Yohan Cabaye is on a free.. yes he's 34 but surely could still do a better job than Jonjo? I don't know if his legs or physicality would cut it at this age playing a box-to-box role but you never lose the passing, footballing IQ or technical ability. Give him a 1 year contract? Loan Matty Longstaff out for a season in the Championship so he can get regular games under his belt.

Balotelli is a free agent too.. still only 30. More mobile than Carroll & on his day can be a beast. :bandit: <whistle>

Marko Mandzukic available too which I'm shocked. He's 34 and would probably demand crazy wages but in terms of genuine quality he'll be a useful asset as a mobile target-man as he's great in the air, physical, strong, hard-worker & bags of energy/tenacity. Can play out wide too.. maybe he can teach a Joelinton a thing or too? Plus he's vastly experienced, still a decent finisher & athletic for someone his size.. issue is the wages would be 100k+?
I bet you were thrilled when Dalglish signed Stuart Pearce, Ian Rush and John Barnes <erk>.
<laugh>

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:40 pm

biggeordiedave wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:23 am
Sanchino wrote:

<laugh> <laugh> <laugh>

No okay but seriously.. Mandzukic WAS a world-class player in his day & has played for big clubs like Bayern, Juventus & Atletico.. his pedigree & experience at the top level proves he'll be a good signing.. just the wages would be a stumbling block but I'm 100% sure he'll do a job in the Prem with his size, strength & physicality. He's similar to Giroud in playing style & weren't we all saying Giroud would've been a perfect signing for us? Balotelli is unpredictable on his day he can be unplayable, it's just is he worth the gamble with all his other attributes that let him down such as his discipline, attitude & inconsistency ? Cabaye as a experienced stop-gap for 1 year to let Matty Longstaff go out on loan seems to be like decent business? Form is temporary, class is permanent. Cabaye may be old but his quality on the ball & vision would be better than anyone's at the club. You can never lose your technique & footballing IQ even though your legs aren't the same.. Scholes played until he was 37/38? Similar to Giggs at 40? Cabaye's 34.. on a one year deal it wouldn't be the worst deal.. his experience alone would help the other midfielders around him including someone like Jonjo/Hendrick/Longstaffs?

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:51 pm

Cabaye didn’t play much last season so I think his top flight days are finished, and would he really even want to go back to a club where he went on strike to force a move to PSG?

What’s Fatem up to now <roll>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:01 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:51 pm
Cabaye didn’t play much last season so I think his top flight days are finished, and would he really even want to go back to a club where he went on strike to force a move to PSG?

Just signed for Bordeaux
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:30 pm

CIH wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:01 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:51 pm

Just signed for Bordeaux
So I was right, top flight days are over <roll>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:36 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:30 pm
CIH wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:01 pm

Just signed for Bordeaux
So I was right, top flight days are over <roll>
To be fair, the vast majority of his playing career has been in that league <laugh> Sixth out of nine clubs he's played for in Ligue 1

krully
Germany (Müller)
Germany (Müller)

Post by krully » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:16 am

Ben arfa was class 🥰🥰 definitely would take a younger version of him

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:01 am

Best 5 a side player we ever had.

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:18 am

krully wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:16 am
Ben arfa was class in about ten matches 🥰🥰 definitely would take a younger version of him who is more consistent and has a good attitude
Fixed

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:40 am

biggeordiedave wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:18 am
krully wrote:
Ben arfa was class in about ten matches against Championship or about to be Championship opposition 🥰🥰 definitely would take a younger version of him who is more consistent and has a good attitude
Fixed
Fixed further.

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:10 am

Colly wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:40 am
biggeordiedave wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:18 am

Fixed
Fixed further.
<laugh>

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:37 am

krully wrote:
Ben arfa was class 🥰🥰 definitely would take a younger version of him
<saintmaximin>

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:34 pm

Crazy how many people don't realise how good HBA was for us.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:00 pm

Was surprised when I looked and saw he was with us for 4 years. Only 72 games in that time.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:14 pm

ALF wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:34 pm
All the talent in the world, literally zero footballing brain. Positioned himself on the halfway line far too far back to be effective against decent sides, and didn't understand the absolute basics of making the right move at the right time. As I said, the best 5 a side player we've ever had, phenomenally talented with the ball at his feet, but thick as mince. He was basically Santiago Munez prior to the bit where the manager shows him the ball can move faster than he can.

Bit of common sense and he could genuinely have been talked about in Ballon D'or teams, as it is he bounced around mediocre sides bar a couple of spells in top French sides, which sadly was his level.

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:15 pm

Colly wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:14 pm
ALF wrote:
All the talent in the world, literally zero footballing brain. Positioned himself on the halfway line far too far back to be effective against decent sides, and didn't understand the absolute basics of making the right move at the right time. As I said, the best 5 a side player we've ever had, phenomenally talented with the ball at his feet, but thick as mince. He was basically Santiago Munez prior to the bit where the manager shows him the ball can move faster than he can.

Bit of common sense and he could genuinely have been talked about in Ballon D'or teams, as it is he bounced around mediocre sides bar a couple of spells in top French sides, which sadly was his level.
Agreed. He was so good for us that we loaned him to Hull City when he was 27. Maybe we just couldn't cope with his brilliance and we needed to send him to a proper footballing side. He also got to work with Steve Bruce in that time which will have made him twice the player he was for us.

Captain Obvious
Drunk Control
Drunk Control

Post by Captain Obvious » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:18 pm

<laugh> behave yourself fellas

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:50 pm

ALF wrote:
He was an exciting 7-9 goal a season (if he ever played a full season, he didn't) winger. Which is what an attacking winger should be doing. Then he turned into a fat lazy doughnut who went to Hull and then did really well at Nice when he could be arsed then got a big fat contract at PSG and has done f*** all since.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:14 am

ALF wrote:
Yes. But its also crazy people dont remember how bad he also was for us. Not at all consistent
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012