Holidays

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: Holidays

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:21 pm

I wouldn't bother with a private jet if I was mega-rich (they seem to crash more often than commercial airlines), I'd just fly first class commercial.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:30 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:05 pm
Now I'm reminiscing about the times where you could just jump on a plane and sod off somewhere <urgh>
The most annoying thing is I've saved so much money since March (I don't know where it normally goes <worried> ) that I could afford some decent holidays this year. Oman, Iceland, Bavaria and Austria, The Adriatic coast, Japan, Jordan, The Baltic states etc etc not all of them but a good couple on top of Singapore where in should be now ( <urgh> ) before we ruin our lives with kids.

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:35 pm

ALF wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:37 pm
biggeordiedave wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:31 pm

I think even if I did have a few million in the bank, I'd struggle to chuck that sort of money on flights, especially when you consider the seats that cost a tenth of that price are also ridiculous <laugh>.

We flew with British Airways. It was alright, but I was still very uncomfortable within a couple of hours.
Think I'd pay it just for the extra leg room tbh
One video I watched was a Youtuber who had been given the ticket for free so he would make a video. He measured it at about 3 1/2 ft of legroom. If you sit just past the edge of the television bit, it's about 14ft to the end of the bedroom.
Kindly deeds done for free!

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:39 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:21 pm
I wouldn't bother with a private jet if I was mega-rich (they seem to crash more often than commercial airlines), I'd just fly first class commercial.
I've said the same before. I wouldn't bother with yachts or private jets. I'd be tempted to charter a yacht every now and again, but I'd be quite happy flying first class too. I wouldn't bother with multiple properties either (other than as an investment perhaps). If I was travelling, I'd just stay in the best hotels!

Imagine being rich <ergh>

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:25 pm

Virgin Atlantic have kindly tried to delay my honeymoon flight 2 days, our previously non-stop flights now have an on-plane wait in a completely different location, and they haven't thought to let me know. Just logged in by chance to check on something and suddenly it's all different. It's only four days since the last minor schedule change (we've already had the date and airport shift once when they stopped using Gatwick), and I'm in non-refundable territory on my hotel bookings <awe>

Now I need to get through their call centre queue <divax> BA still offer basically the original flight I booked, and it's cheaper...

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:04 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:42 pm
The wife and I got married for less than £250.

**** everyone else.
Same here. Got married in court with immediate family, went to a fancy dinner and got s*** faced. Been happily married for 13 years (mostly). Turns out spending big on a wedding is totally pointless.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:21 pm

Cal wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:25 pm
Virgin Atlantic have kindly tried to delay my honeymoon flight 2 days, our previously non-stop flights now have an on-plane wait in a completely different location, and they haven't thought to let me know. Just logged in by chance to check on something and suddenly it's all different. It's only four days since the last minor schedule change (we've already had the date and airport shift once when they stopped using Gatwick), and I'm in non-refundable territory on my hotel bookings <awe>

Now I need to get through their call centre queue <divax> BA still offer basically the original flight I booked, and it's cheaper...
We managed to move or honeymoon to Singapore from September just gone to June next year. Airline great, hotel great! I fear we will be f***ed again though come May next year <urgh>

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:39 am

Blue & Maroon wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:21 pm
Cal wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:25 pm

We managed to move or honeymoon to Singapore from September just gone to June next year. Airline great, hotel great! I fear we will be f***ed again though come May next year <urgh>
We've already had to move dates once and change 2 out of 3 hotels due to the circumstances. At this point I'm just waiting for the circuit breaker to come in 6 weeks late to ruin everything <awe>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:05 am

My mate is getting married in May 2021 and I'm best man. They're currently planning for a 'normal' wedding in terms of numbers which I think is a bit stupid as chances are there will still be restrictions in place by then.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PTAO? » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:15 pm

Hjl wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:04 pm
overseasTOON wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:42 pm
The wife and I got married for less than £250.

**** everyone else.
Same here. Got married in court with immediate family, went to a fancy dinner and got s*** faced. Been happily married for 13 years (mostly). Turns out spending big on a wedding is totally pointless.
Beach for me. Had a friend who is licensed to perform the wedding, so did it for free. Spent a bit on the dress and rings but that's it really.

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:18 pm

My wedding was expensive in comparison to some of yours (about £6k) but about a quarter of the price of some weddings I've been to. I knew someone who spent £30k on their wedding and got divorced within a year. They're still paying for a wedding to someone they're not even married to anymore <doh>.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:59 pm

Mine cost about £10-12k but I got £40k in the divorce settlement <laugh>

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:16 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:59 pm
Profit!

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:26 pm

biggeordiedave wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:16 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:59 pm
Profit!
Yup, sensible investment that.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:42 pm

If I get married/divorced every year and make £28k each time then I can give up work. Worth considering <laugh>

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:58 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:42 pm
If I get married/divorced every year and make £28k each time then I can give up work. Worth considering <laugh>
tax free as well!
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:01 pm

Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:58 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:42 pm
tax free as well!
<ashley>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:23 pm

Booked flights to Dublin for next month, first trip away since 2019…hopefully. Had flights booked for Iceland and Faroes for April this year but obviously couldn’t go due to Covid restrictions. Touchwood this one is okay.

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:54 am

biggeordiedave wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:18 pm
My wedding was expensive in comparison to some of yours (about £6k) but about a quarter of the price of some weddings I've been to. I knew someone who spent £30k on their wedding and got divorced within a year. They're still paying for a wedding to someone they're not even married to anymore <doh>.
So this is on the cards for me in the not too distant future... Any tips for keeping the cost down?! My family is bloody massive - even if I only invite first cousins and closer there's still about 40 of them!
I had the first custom w***

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:05 am

Get things like wedding invitations, favours, table decorations etc. on Ebay, no need to be spending much money at all on them.

Don't bother getting the wedding photographer to print pictures for you, just get digital copies.

And most of all, keep it to as many or as few guests as you want. If anyone has their nose put out of joint that's their problem and they'll get over it. It's your day so do what you want.