16%

Total votes: 62

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Re: The Message of Hate Thread

Post by Blue & Maroon » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:24 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54566897

Its official! Hundreds of thousands of us will die, there will be civil unrest, not enough food and we will be lucky to have jobs! Yay!

Honestly though why, even if you believe in Brexit as a project why would you start with the most extreme version of it? Weve left, make it an easy transition and ease away. Weve been in the EU 40 plus years you cant tear off the plaster and think it will be easier.

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:06 pm

Blue & Maroon wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:24 pm

Its official! Hundreds of thousands of us will die, there will be civil unrest, not enough food and we will be lucky to have jobs! Yay!

Honestly though why, even if you believe in Brexit as a project why would you start with the most extreme version of it? Weve left, make it an easy transition and ease away. Weve been in the EU 40 plus years you cant tear off the plaster and think it will be easier.
It was going to be the end of the world the last 10 times as well. Yet here we are, and the world still turns.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:19 pm

Hjl wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:06 pm
Blue & Maroon wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:24 pm

It was going to be the end of the world the last 10 times as well. Yet here we are, and the world still turns.
Billions has been spent making sure it isn't. We are losing so much for fishing (btw Harrods is worth more than or fishing industry), sovereignty and the right to choose (good joke with a superpower to the West, East and South) and turning Kent into another country full of lorry parks.

Nothing has really changed yet, January it will, we don't even have enough lorry permits, or pallets for them even if we did or the means to manufacture enough...

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:44 pm

Getting it in the neck at work because someone else hasn’t done something that they were supposed to because “the lines of communication weren’t clear”.

I sent out the actions after the meeting via email and WhatsApp but the person with the action “didn’t see it”.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:07 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:44 pm
Getting it in the neck at work because someone else hasn’t done something that they were supposed to because “the lines of communication weren’t clear”.

I sent out the actions after the meeting via email and WhatsApp but the person with the action “didn’t see it”.
Next time CC in their supervisor when you send out the action items and ask them to confirm receipt.

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:08 pm

Hjl wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:07 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:

Next time CC in their supervisor when you send out the action items and ask them to confirm receipt.
I agree. Passive aggressiveness is the only clear way forward here.
Kindly deeds done for free!

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:10 pm

biggeordiedave wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:08 pm
Hjl wrote:

I agree. Passive aggressiveness is the only clear way forward here.
It's the only way. He is probably working remote, so physical aggressiveness is out of the question.

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:53 pm

Hjl wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:

I agree that that would be advisable next time, however it wouldn't address the same problem that occurred with the previous communication, i.e. that the recipient didn't see it (or claimed not to have seen it). That could still happen this time, it would just give the benefit of proving to the supervisor that it was sent.

For me the fault lies with the supervisor. Company policy should state that a work email doubles as a task inbox and as such it is the responsibility of the email address owner to be aware of the items within it, thus rendering the "I didn't see it" defence as bollocks. The supervisor should not have allowed that excuse as acceptable and was wrong to blame BB.

But yeah until the supervisor pulls his/her head out of his/her arse do what hjl suggests and cover your tracks. Also issue further emails on a daily or hourly basis until you receive confirmation. That will add extra protection and piss off the recipients at the same time.

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:31 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:53 pm
Hjl wrote:

I agree that that would be advisable next time, however it wouldn't address the same problem that occurred with the previous communication, i.e. that the recipient didn't see it (or claimed not to have seen it). That could still happen this time, it would just give the benefit of proving to the supervisor that it was sent.

For me the fault lies with the supervisor. Company policy should state that a work email doubles as a task inbox and as such it is the responsibility of the email address owner to be aware of the items within it, thus rendering the "I didn't see it" defence as bollocks. The supervisor should not have allowed that excuse as acceptable and was wrong to blame BB.

But yeah until the supervisor pulls his/her head out of his/her arse do what hjl suggests and cover your tracks. Also issue further emails on a daily or hourly basis until you receive confirmation. That will add extra protection and piss off the recipients at the same time.
<****>

<gurn>

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:21 pm

biggeordiedave wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:31 pm
Donkey Toon wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:53 pm

<****>

<gurn>
I know, scary isn't it!

When I think of some of the NSFW stuff i've had in my inbox over the years. Oo err mrs! ... fanarr fanarr! :bandit:

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:05 pm

If any tasks me via email it goes straight in the bin. Service desk or DevOps please!

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:14 pm

biggeordiedave wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:05 pm
If any tasks me via email it goes straight in the bin. Service desk or DevOps please!
I flood service desk with utter crap on a daily basis just for the shits and giggles knowing they have to follow it up.

My company laptop cant even get microsoft updates without them remotely installing them and until that changes - f*** em.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:11 pm

Our production environment has to be windows 7, our default browser firm wide is internet explorer (unsafe much).
But worse is they keep changing the password rules but there is nowhere to look up what the new rules are..
Set new password
Password does not meet requirements for this domian
Repeat ad nauseum
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:20 pm

Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:11 pm
Our production environment has to be windows 7, our default browser firm wide is internet explorer (unsafe much).
But worse is they keep changing the password rules but there is nowhere to look up what the new rules are..
Set new password
Password does not meet requirements for this domian
Repeat ad nauseum
Still better than Netscape. God I hated having to develop against that b****.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:42 am

So far this week I've spent £490 on getting some new carpets fitted, £70 on some electrical work, £210 on a new bed and £275 on some replacement double glazing panes <neg>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:12 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:42 am
So far this week I've spent £490 on getting some new carpets fitted, £70 on some electrical work, £210 on a new bed and £275 on some replacement double glazing panes <neg>
Look at me etc.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:00 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
That's one epic shagging session <ok>

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:31 pm

Trump.

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:52 pm

Hjl wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:31 pm
Trump.
Count the votes here, but stop the counting there. I loved that the other night he was basically saying "well I'm winning so we may as well stop it here and say I've won."

I still can't believe after 4 years nobody has told him that he isn't the supreme leader and he literally cannot just do whatever he wants. If he does somehow win this one, he will spend the next four years getting his supporters riled up about how he should be allowed to continue running the country until he dies.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:09 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:00 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
That's one epic shagging session <ok>
<laugh>