Wolves thread. interested but also terrified

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Re: Wolves thread. interested but also terrified

Post by Don Sholeone » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:25 pm

After we played pretty well hat first half why the f*** did he send them out to sit deep, absolute joke, the soon as we go down and have to attack, surprise surprise we threaten and end up getting a goal.

Also ASM cannot play as a 10 or striker, he just has zero desire to make dangerous runs into the box, he can't play anywhere except for the wing imo. Joelinton is far more effective sat behind Wilson than him.

originallad
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by originallad » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:26 pm

Clinton Morrison on BBC Sport.

"But we have to give credit to Steve Bruce and Newcastle I thought they were excellent and the game plan worked to a tee."

I want whatever he's been smoking!

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:33 pm

originallad wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:26 pm

"But we have to give credit to Steve Bruce and Newcastle I thought they were excellent and the game plan worked to a tee."

Brucies boner.

originallad
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by originallad » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:33 pm

Amazingly, points wise, this is one of our best starts to a premier league season in about 10 years.

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:35 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:25 pm
After we played pretty well hat first half why the **** did he send them out to sit deep, absolute joke, the soon as we go down and have to attack, surprise surprise we threaten and end up getting a goal.

Also ASM cannot play as a 10 or striker, he just has zero desire to make dangerous runs into the box, he can't play anywhere except for the wing imo. Joelinton is far more effective sat behind Wilson than him.
This. ASM not a ''false'' 9 nor is he a centre forward or attacking mid. Winger/Forward Winger. He would've ripped Saiss (One of Wolves full backs who usually plays CB/DM) to shreds but Brucely wanted to play him in his so called version of ''free role''. I'm glad Fraser, Miggy & ASM were on the pitch at the same time but not how we should have lined up.. Murphy was our best player imo not only because of the goal but his all-round performance was solid from defensively being assured & using his pace to good effect to handling Podence/Neto but also made positive forward runs & some good passes forward. I'll like to see him start again for sure.. something like this for Everton next week could work..

Darlow
Fernandez Lascelles Schar
Murphy Hayden Hendrick Lewis
ASM Wilson Miggy / Fraser

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:40 pm

originallad wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:26 pm

I actually agree with him, think we played decently in terms of keeping wolves to long shots, there goal came from Darlow being unsighted which was unfortunate. but weren't over ran as many thought we would be.
I'll Hazard a guess

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:42 pm

To be fair we defended very well and deserved a point, but i'm incredibly frustrated at our lack of attacking intent. Is it too much to hope to be entertained watching your football team?

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:42 pm

Odd team selection good point, happy for Murphy.

Scalabrine
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Scalabrine » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:52 pm

Our best player tonight. Happy for him, well deserved that goal. <applause>

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:52 pm

Scalabrine wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:52 pm

Our best player tonight. Happy for him, well deserved that goal. <applause>
<diva>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:59 pm

Bruce doesn’t know how to attack and defend in the same match. . He can only do one or the other . Honestly we must be the worst team to watch in the top flight
# stolen from nufc.com :)

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:04 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:42 pm
To be fair we defended very well and deserved a point, but i'm incredibly frustrated at our lack of attacking intent. Is it too much to hope to be entertained watching your football team?
The annoying thing for me is realistically the intent was there, we had essentially a front four and two very attacking fullbacks, there was just a general lack of intelligence in terms of making runs for each other and a massive lack of cutting edge. ASM was horrific at times, and he doesn't link well with Almiron.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:11 pm

ASM inability to include the simple stuff into his game is whats holding him back imo, seems he only wants to get the ball and dribble past people which drastically reduces his production, with the pace he has he could tear most defences a new one if he learned to play off the shoulder, its so frustrating watching some good attacking play and Wilson moving into the channel to then see nobody busting a gut to get into the box, with the pace we have thats very poor.

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:16 pm

Colly wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:04 pm
Donkey Toon wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:42 pm
The annoying thing for me is realistically the intent was there, we had essentially a front four and two very attacking fullbacks, there was just a general lack of intelligence in terms of making runs for each other and a massive lack of cutting edge. ASM was horrific at times, and he doesn't link well with Almiron.
The players were there for an attacking setup, but the formation didn't suit them. Multiple players out of position and no midfield to link to the attack. How hard would it have been to play a 4231 with two actual central mids?

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:16 pm

For a completely new formation and team selection I didn’t think it was too bad. First 10 mins we looked clueless but comfortable a lot of the time and restricted them to half chances at best. We need to cut out the simple mistakes like giving the ball away so often but we’ve all seen us play miles worse than that.

Hope Murphy keeps his place next week as did well. Maybe rwb works for him as he’s not got the quality to be on the right of a front three and obviously isn’t a RB so this in between position seemed to suit him.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:23 pm

Think this afternoon was proof that just throwing attacking players on isn't the answer. We still just camped in our half for most of the game.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:28 pm

I think it'll be interesting to see whether he brings in a second CM next game when he doesn't have the illness and injury excuses. Also very interesting to see which of Almiron, Fraser or ASM make way.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:42 pm

Colly wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:28 pm
I think it'll be interesting to see whether he brings in a second CM next game when he doesn't have the illness and injury excuses. Also very interesting to see which of Almiron, Fraser or ASM make way.
Depends on the formation I suppose. We look awful with a back 5, rather see Lascelles drop out for Longstaff and Hendrick drop out for Hayden. 4-2-3-1

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:58 pm

Good to see Murphy putting in a decent performance. I think this is a make or break season for him.
Kindly deeds done for free!

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:23 pm

ALF wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:42 pm
Colly wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:28 pm
Depends on the formation I suppose. We look awful with a back 5, rather see Lascelles drop out for Longstaff and Hendrick drop out for Hayden. 4-2-3-1
I think you'd lose a lot of Murphy as an orthodox right back though.