Coronavirus

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Re: Coronavirus

Post by overseasTOON » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:34 pm

Blue & Maroon wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:21 pm
Pissing me off this whole we need to have a family xmas and see people s****. Apparently it may tack on another 25 days of further restrictions.

Only reason you "need" to see family is a) they haven't got long left b) you're on your own.

British stiff upper lip my arse.
My damned mother-in-law might come for Xmas now <mob>

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:29 pm

Blue & Maroon wrote:
Pissing me off this whole we need to have a family xmas and see people s****. Apparently it may tack on another 25 days of further restrictions.

Only reason you "need" to see family is a) they haven't got long left b) you're on your own.

C) You have children and they need to be looked after by family.
Kindly deeds done for free!

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:36 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:34 pm
Blue & Maroon wrote:

My damned mother-in-law might come for Xmas now <mob>
Oh cocking hell. I hadn't thought of that. Mine is probably gonna come here too now.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:38 pm

Divorce = no mother-in-law <divax>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:59 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:38 pm
Divorce = no mother-in-law <divax>
You lucky, lucky bastard

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:49 pm

A friend of mines brother (44 years old) has been in hospital with it, he's responding to treatment but it is causing 'Covid delerium' so he is distressed, angry, paranoid etc. Apparently it can happen in cases of severe Covid.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PTAO? » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:13 pm

Got a couple friends who started out sensible in March, but descended into Covidiots since September, going out to restaurants and bars, visiting people, hosting at their place inside etc, they even tried to convince us to have them over for election night.

They are in absolute shock they tested positive this weekend.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:23 pm

I went out for dinner and to a couple of people’s houses when it was allowed. Was only in a house with a maximum of 2 other people who lived together anyway and when I went to restaurants the social distancing and measures they had in place were excellent. I think the issue wasn’t things like that, it’s the crowds you were seeing in and around city centres at weekends and people going to house parties and having lots of different people from lots of different houses in one small space.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:51 pm

MiniOTs school has decided to close for a deep clean for two weeks given the amount of cases they've had recently across all years.

The deep clean will do bugger all though.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:58 pm

My nephew had to self-isolate for 10 days after a kid in his class got it. My sister does care work through an agency as a single parent and couldn't work so lost over £400 in the shifts that she had to drop <urgh>

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:21 pm

PTAO? wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:13 pm
Got a couple friends who started out sensible in March, but descended into Covidiots since September, going out to restaurants and bars, visiting people, hosting at their place inside etc, they even tried to convince us to have them over for election night.

I'm going to say that restaurants and bars aren't the problem, most I've been to very sensible, especially when we went to The Lakes, had screens up, table service, plenty of ventilation. Helps that me and the mrs only go together (or did when they were open) so we weren't coming close to anyone at all really, only go out once a week max as well.

The main problem, as with your friends is the household mixing, especially in their homes but could be anywhere, thinking "oh it will be fine it's only my best mate, family etc" which is mad when the whole mantra of the 1st lockdown was reducing household transmissions, which effective precautions which every bar, shop etc have to take help with if you stick with people from your own household.

600 deaths today, cant believe we are reopening.

PTAO?

Post by PTAO? » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:33 pm

Blue & Maroon wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:21 pm
PTAO? wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:13 pm

I'm going to say that restaurants and bars aren't the problem, most I've been to very sensible, especially when we went to The Lakes, had screens up, table service, plenty of ventilation. Helps that me and the mrs only go together (or did when they were open) so we weren't coming close to anyone at all really, only go out once a week max as well.

The main problem, as with your friends is the household mixing, especially in their homes but could be anywhere, thinking "oh it will be fine it's only my best mate, family etc" which is mad when the whole mantra of the 1st lockdown was reducing household transmissions, which effective precautions which every bar, shop etc have to take help with if you stick with people from your own household.

This is a few miles away from me taken on Friday night.

Our local bar was absolutely rammed as well according to their Instagram story. Hundreds of people on the dance floor, live DJ etc. It's insane.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:07 pm

PTAO? wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:33 pm
Blue & Maroon wrote:

Our local bar was absolutely rammed as well according to their Instagram story. Hundreds of people on the dance floor, live DJ etc. It's insane.
That is very mad indeed.

News in the UK is 3 households can meet at christmas <erm>

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:30 pm

Blue & Maroon wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:07 pm
PTAO? wrote:

That is very mad indeed.

I think a common sense approach needs to be applied. It seems that when the lockdown was lifted in the summer, a lot of places just went back to normal. I drove past a local pub one night and saw loads of people queuing to be let in - no social distancing whatsoever and nobody seemed to care. A few people I've spoken to were "glad it's back to normal" and rubbished my comments about not wanting to go to the pub until it was a normal thing to do; apparently it was just like it had always been.
Kindly deeds done for free!

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:15 am

Blue & Maroon wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:07 pm
PTAO? wrote:

That is very mad indeed.

The missus mentioned that guidelines have stated no loud talking or shouting so I'm hoping to use that premise to ban my mother-in-law.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:32 am

f***, where is that PTAO, the states?
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:57 am

PTAO? wrote:
Blue & Maroon wrote:

Is Biden planning on locking the whole country down? Didn't the US have more than 2,000 Covid deaths yesterday?

PTAO?

Post by PTAO? » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:19 pm

Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:32 am
f***, where is that PTAO, the states?
Yeah, South Florida. People here are entitled and selfish at the best of times. I've lost a lot of respect for people over the last few months.

PTAO?

Post by PTAO? » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:24 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:57 am
PTAO? wrote:

Is Biden planning on locking the whole country down? Didn't the US have more than 2,000 Covid deaths yesterday?
I don't believe for a second that state and local politics will allow him to do so. Many places rely on the entertainment industry to survive, and the politions and business owners have managed to convince half the population that it's better for grandma to die than for the government to help out small businesses, because that's communism and will result in the US becoming Venuzuela, or to behave in anyway sensibly, because telling people what to do removes their freedumb and will result in the US becoming North Korea.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:53 pm

PTAO? wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:24 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:57 am

I don't believe for a second that state and local politics will allow him to do so. Many places rely on the entertainment industry to survive, and the politions and business owners have managed to convince half the population that it's better for grandma to die than for the government to help out small businesses, because that's communism and will result in the US becoming Venuzuela, or to behave in anyway sensibly, because telling people what to do removes their freedumb and will result in the US becoming North Korea.
Yeah, we have some people here who bang on about not wearing masks or staying in lockdown as it’s an attack on their freedom, government trying to control everyone (yawn yawn) but nothing on the scale that things are happening in the US <erk>