NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (January 2021)

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (January 2021)

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:53 pm

I wonder what unfortunate souls will be brought in on loan this January to further add to the work in progress that Bruce keeps banging on about <urgh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (January 2021)

Post by Don Sholeone » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:10 pm

Definitely need a creative box to box CM and a decent ball playing CB.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:06 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:10 pm
There’s a decent CB currently at Alaves.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:47 pm

Not sure it matters who the players are

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:34 am

Don Sholeone wrote:
We've needed the former for nearly a decade now, but never seems to be a priority or a source of meaningful rumours. It's felt so obvious and yet it's just been a parade of new forwards and wingers that inevitably get isolated and hung out to dry without a midfield that can keep possession or influence play.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:28 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:34 am
Don Sholeone wrote:
We've needed the former for nearly a decade now, but never seems to be a priority or a source of meaningful rumours. It's felt so obvious and yet it's just been a parade of new forwards and wingers that inevitably get isolated and hung out to dry without a midfield that can keep possession or influence play.
The main thing I miss about Rafa is how he had Lejeune and Schar playing out from the back, some of the diagonals were quality and had us switching to attack fairly quick, they both then regressed massively under Bruce.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:43 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:28 pm
Remember Colo wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:34 am

The main thing I miss about Rafa is how he had Lejeune and Schar playing out from the back, some of the diagonals were quality and had us switching to attack fairly quick, they both then regressed massively under Bruce.
To be fair, Lejeune was hardly ever fit/available since Bruce took over. Though I agree that Bruce wouldn't get the best out of defenders like them.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:50 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:43 pm
Don Sholeone wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:28 pm

To be fair, Lejeune was hardly ever fit/available since Bruce took over. Though I agree that Bruce wouldn't get the best out of defenders like them.
Bruce didn’t help him there when he played him 3 times in about 6 days over Xmas last year just after he came back from a major injury.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:11 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:50 pm
Remember Colo wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:43 pm

Bruce didn’t help him there when he played him 3 times in about 6 days over Xmas last year just after he came back from a major injury.
Not unlike Schar who was played out of position (in one requiring a lot more running) after recovering from an injury and months off from lockdown.

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:52 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
This. except the CB.. we already have them at our club (Schar/Lejune) but fitness / injuries, some indifferent form and being managed by someone like Bruce doesn't help. A striker who can compliment Wilson would be nice too..

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:50 am

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/f ... e-19368609

Not a rumour, but agree with this. Either play M Longstaff or send him out on loan. He's only played a handful of first team games and needs minutes. It doesn't look like he'll get them here so send him to the Championship to see how he does. That would then give him one year left here (2021/22 season) to try and stake a claim for a regular spot. Can't see him signing another extension under Bruce and the current situation.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:54 pm

Its so odd he's not getting played given how s**** the rest of our CMs have been. Or playing Miggy out of position there
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:59 pm

Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:54 pm
Its so odd he's not getting played given how s**** the rest of our CMs have been. Or playing Miggy out of position there
Wasn't Schar played over him in midfield once or twice after the restart? Though Matty might have been injured, can't remember for sure.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:05 pm

Almost as if Bruce doesn't know what tactics or squad rotation is. For the actual point though, I agree that MLongstaff should be sent out on loan. What are the limitations for domestic loans between the same clubs? Dunno how Swansea are doing, but Woodman seems to be doing well down there. Be a good level for him to get minutes under his belt. As for bringing someone in to cover for him as that article indicates, don't think we can register anyone else can we? Matty wouldn't count as part of the 25 man squad and isn't it full already? The fact that a premier league club has to stunt the development of a teenage academy product because they need the depth is startlingly poor.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:12 pm

CIH wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:05 pm
Almost as if Bruce doesn't know what tactics or squad rotation is. For the actual point though, I agree that MLongstaff should be sent out on loan. What are the limitations for domestic loans between the same clubs? Dunno how Swansea are doing, but Woodman seems to be doing well down there. Be a good level for him to get minutes under his belt. As for bringing someone in to cover for him as that article indicates, don't think we can register anyone else can we? Matty wouldn't count as part of the 25 man squad and isn't it full already? The fact that a premier league club has to stunt the development of a teenage academy product because they need the depth is startlingly poor.
Swansea have conceded the least goals in the top 4 divisions.

Matty needs to stay fit for the next month at least. Hopefully he gets a chance and plays his way in. If not then he should go out on loan for the second half of the season. First thing is staying fit though, he keeps getting little injuries.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:35 pm

CIH wrote:
Yeah, the Swansea loan seems to have been great for Woodman over the last couple of years. Given that Dubravka and Darlow are now both in their 30s hopefully he could have a long-term future here. His first team chance here won't come in the next couple of years though I doubt, so hopefully he can wait.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:49 pm

ALF wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:12 pm
CIH wrote:
Swansea have conceded the least goals in the top 4 divisions.

Matty needs to stay fit for the next month at least. Hopefully he gets a chance and plays his way in. If not then he should go out on loan for the second half of the season. First thing is staying fit though, he keeps getting little injuries.
Hah, didn't realise that, great little stat. Backs up my point that going on loan to the championship would be good for our young players. Whether Swansea would be interested would be another story, but a good potential destination surely. He's got talent, I'd argue more than his brother, but he's very very raw - and needs game time.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:21 pm

He probably hasn't done enough to warrant walking into a top end Championship team, but then again Woodman had only played 20-30 SPL games before going to Swansea so was still raw. Matty has played about 10 first teams games (most as sub probably) in his entire career.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:31 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:21 pm
He probably hasn't done enough to warrant walking into a top end Championship team, but then again Woodman had only played 20-30 SPL games before going to Swansea so was still raw. Matty has played about 10 first teams games (most as sub probably) in his entire career.
He's been linked with Derby recently, that could be a decent move. They're bottom of the league but they are better than that.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:42 pm

ALF wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:31 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:21 pm
He's been linked with Derby recently, that could be a decent move. They're bottom of the league but they are better than that.
Yeah that would be good, or someone like Preston too perhaps but who knows.