Coronavirus

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Re: Coronavirus

Post by ALF » Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:51 pm

I normally go to my local to meet 1 or 2 mates a couple of times a week. Hate going out into town now, I've got 2 pubs within a 2-3 minute walk of my house. Was quite enjoying pub life pre-lockdown as well, guaranteed a table, get table service and closes at 10 so no danger of it being a late one.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:56 pm

I've got one pub where I live and I'll be honest; it's a total shithole. The tables are never cleaned, all the punters are thick as s***, **** assholes who aspire to be z-list celebrities; you have to wade through a lake of piss to go to the toilet and they never clean the pipes so the beer is rancid.

I miss it.

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:17 pm

I too like going out in the day for lunch then drinks. Thats all Im planning. Not arsed about busy pubs, just like a change of scenery

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:03 pm

biggeordiedave wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:00 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:38 pm
Ha I’m happy drinking at home too for the reasons above <laugh>

If I do go out drinking it tends to be between 12-6 where it’s more chilled before all the tossers come out for their nighttime binge.
I'm exactly the same. If I go out with the missus, we'll get out for lunchtime and head back late afternoon before the crowds. I'm generally pissed by this point and then I get home and think having a bottle of red wine and a few glasses of whisky is a good idea. It never is.

Whenever I've been out with the work lot, everyone seems to want to head to the places that are absolutely rammed. I get that this means the places are probably good and are popular for a reason, but I just want to sit down, have a drink and talk to people. But no, let's go somewhere I end standing at the bar for 20 minutes, have half of my drink knocked out my hands as I try to squeeze through the crowd to find people and then not being able to talk to anyone all night without shouting directly in their face because of the loud, s**** music.
Sums up my feelings about the pub scene these days as well. Been many years since I enjoyed it. If I were to hit a pub these days it would be a quiet out of town pub, with 3 mates, spending the night playing euchre.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:01 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:03 pm
biggeordiedave wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:00 pm

I'm exactly the same. If I go out with the missus, we'll get out for lunchtime and head back late afternoon before the crowds. I'm generally pissed by this point and then I get home and think having a bottle of red wine and a few glasses of whisky is a good idea. It never is.

Whenever I've been out with the work lot, everyone seems to want to head to the places that are absolutely rammed. I get that this means the places are probably good and are popular for a reason, but I just want to sit down, have a drink and talk to people. But no, let's go somewhere I end standing at the bar for 20 minutes, have half of my drink knocked out my hands as I try to squeeze through the crowd to find people and then not being able to talk to anyone all night without shouting directly in their face because of the loud, s**** music.
Sums up my feelings about the pub scene these days as well. Been many years since I enjoyed it. If I were to hit a pub these days it would be a quiet out of town pub, with 3 mates, spending the night playing euchre.
Ooh. L' Euchre how the other half live in thier covid free societies being all la di da while us rejects suffer in tier 2. God knows how the tier 3 scum are coping?

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:21 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:01 pm
Donkey Toon wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:03 pm

Ooh. L' Euchre how the other half live in thier covid free societies being all la di da while us rejects suffer in tier 2. God knows how the tier 3 scum are coping?
Do tier 3 types even have pubs? I thought they just passed round cans of special brew around a burning oil drum on wasteland?

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PTAO? » Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:29 am

Hjl wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:40 am
PTAO? wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:55 am
I went last year, great weekend, really liked Austin as a city. Bloody cold though.
You sure you were in Austin....? I'm pretty sure it hasn't been cold there in a decade....
Yeah it was freezing.
Just looked up the temperature, it was 12C at FP1, I've gone soft, but it did drop below freezing at night!

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:39 pm

PTAO? wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:29 am
Hjl wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:40 am

You sure you were in Austin....? I'm pretty sure it hasn't been cold there in a decade....
Yeah it was freezing.
Just looked up the temperature, it was 12C at FP1, I've gone soft, but it did drop below freezing at night!
That's very unlucky. Normally that time of year is in the high teens to low twenties!

Beats sweating your balls off with £10 bottles of water I guess.

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:08 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55128305

Welsh pubs and restaurants are not allowed to serve alcohol from Friday and will have to shut at 6PM. I wonder if England will go a similar way...

Edit: Perhaps not - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55126371 Retail opening hours will be relaxed so shops can remain open for 24 hours over Christmas. Primark are taking advantage. Shopping at Primark at 3am...how utterly depressing.
Kindly deeds done for free!

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:31 pm

My nephew self-isolated for 14 days as someone in his class tested positive, been back a week and now has to self-isolate again for 14 days as another kid has tested positive. Farcical, he'll go back on 14th December which is pointless and if someone else tests positive it'll mean all those kids have to self-isolate over Christmas. We've done all this lockdown stuff but done nothing to address the areas where you get some of the highest levels of transmission (education system).
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:46 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55129828

Haven't had a scotch egg for ages, shame I'm in Tier 3.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:08 pm

I'm surprised that he said Scotch Egg. Normally Tories are terrible at discussing such things given how out of touch they are with people in the real world. Check his search history on Google and it will say "what do poor people eat?"

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:20 pm

biggeordiedave wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:08 pm
I'm surprised that he said Scotch Egg. Normally Tories are terrible at discussing such things given how out of touch they are with people in the real world. Check his search history on Google and it will say "what do poor people eat?"
Posh scotch eggs are a thing in department stores and restaurants. I know cos my wife loves them. LOVES!
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:31 pm

Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:20 pm
biggeordiedave wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:08 pm
Posh scotch eggs are a thing in department stores and restaurants. I know cos my wife loves them. LOVES!
Your wife is a Tory.

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:31 pm

biggeordiedave wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:31 pm

Your wife is a Tory.
Blimey, that's harsh. Did she run your dog over or something?

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:13 am

biggeordiedave wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:31 pm

Your wife is a Tory.
Jokes on you she never votes!

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:25 am

Hjl wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:31 pm
Blimey, that's harsh. Did she run your dog over or something?
<laugh> I just don't like her attitude <fist>
Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:13 am
A Tory who doesn't vote Tory is absolutely fine with me <cheers>

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:44 am

Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:13 am
A Tory who doesn't vote Tory is absolutely fine with me <cheers>
[/quote]

As a Doctor she hates the Tories. But growing up in a benevolent one party state she doesn't think politics matters much.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:48 am

What political divide does a lovely Swiss Raclette cheese Foudue stand on?

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:49 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:48 am
What political divide does a lovely Swiss Raclette cheese Foudue stand on?
SNP