The F1 Thread

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: The F1 Thread

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:41 pm

Enjoyed that. Agree with brundle, remove some of the downforce to give drivers less grip and make them really drive the cars.

Hamilton showing again he can win races in absolutely any conditions, any track, against any opposition. He’s in a league of one. Utter domination, nobody is anywhere near to his levels right now and he’s done it in different cars in different F1 eras.

Find any record and he matches or beats it. Best ever.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:44 pm

Hamilton earned that. What a drive. Big thumbs up to Perez, Seb, Leclerc, Sainz and Norris.

Sort of racing we all want. Low grip, big ball, tyre management, brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. Feel for Stroll but maybe he dug his own grave.

I hope 2022 gives us more like this but feel they've missed an opportunity next year not having more random races on tha calendar.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:05 pm

Yeah I’ve really enjoyed the random races and having more classic circuits back. You watch new ones like Paul Ricard and Abu Dhabi and you’re like what’s the point. There’s literally no jeopardy or risk of drivers going off other than losing a bit of time. Whereas Monza, Nurburgring, Spa, etc if you’re not on it and you get it wrong then you get punished. Never thought when I was growing up watching f1 that one day I’d miss gravel traps!

After a horrid season was quite nice to see Vettel back on the podium as chances are he won’t have many more.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:45 am

I was pleased for Perez. Bit of a f*** you to Racing Point. Stroll threw it away

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:59 am

I don't think he'd have gone on to win the race if he'd matched Perez strategy (look how badly Perez's pace fell off compare to Hamilton's) but he definitely cost himself a place on the podium.

Solid performance from Norris again.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:47 pm

Was really good to see Seb get a podium, he's had a horrible season. Hamilton smashed it, how did he get so much life out of those tyres?!

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:45 am

ALF wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:47 pm
Was really good to see Seb get a podium, he's had a horrible season. Hamilton smashed it, how did he get so much life out of those tyres?!
Did you see them when he pulled up at the podium? They were fooked! He really had turned them into slicks, if it had rained he would have been off the track

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:03 am

Yeah that was the risk as if it did rain and he was at the wrong part of the circuit i.e. some distance from the pits then he could easily gone off track or lost heaps of time. But given that the Championship was won (several months ago...) they had nothing to lose really by keeping him out and he was happy to do that. If it had been one or two races to go with a close title fight and he only needed p2 or p3 to secure the title they probably would have played it safe.

Only 3 races left now, all in the Middle East so probably time to say farewell to any hopes of good races. I'm sure there must have been a good race in Bahrain or Abu Dhabi before but I can't recall any / many.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:31 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:03 am
Yeah that was the risk as if it did rain and he was at the wrong part of the circuit i.e. some distance from the pits then he could easily gone off track or lost heaps of time. But given that the Championship was won (several months ago...) they had nothing to lose really by keeping him out and he was happy to do that. If it had been one or two races to go with a close title fight and he only needed p2 or p3 to secure the title they probably would have played it safe.

Only 3 races left now, all in the Middle East so probably time to say farewell to any hopes of good races. I'm sure there must have been a good race in Bahrain or Abu Dhabi before but I can't recall any / many.
The last good race in Bahrain was Hamilton and Rosberg going side by side for almost a lap and then remaining quite close; trying to out brake each other.

Abu Dhabi has never had an exciting race because the circuit is s***

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:16 pm

Jesus Christ never seen an f1 car in flames like that before.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:30 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:16 pm
The car was torn in two and the front is embedded in the crash barrier!

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:00 pm

Halo saved him. Horrific that .

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:43 pm

Stroll upside down now

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:56 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:30 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:16 pm
The car was torn in two and the front is embedded in the crash barrier!
Been watching F1 for over 20 years and that’s the worst crash I’ve ever seen. After surviving the impact he was in the inferno for 18 seconds. If he’d been knocked out he’d be dead. Horrific.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:32 am

Hamilton has Covid and will miss the next race.

Stoffel should come in, imagine the embarrassment for Bottas if he beats him.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:13 pm

Hamilton out, "new" track and I forgot it was starting later so told the mrs to book a table out our local restaurant for 18:30 meaning I'll miss the last half hour <wah> I just wanted to support local business <wah>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:30 pm

Blue & Maroon wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:13 pm
Hamilton out, "new" track and I forgot it was starting later so told the mrs to book a table out our local restaurant for 18:30 meaning I'll miss the last half hour <wah> I just wanted to support local business <wah>
<laugh>

Shame you're not Tier 3!

The embarrassment for Bottas if Stoffel beats him <laugh>

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:00 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:30 pm
Blue & Maroon wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:13 pm
<laugh>

Shame you're not Tier 3!

Surely the death knell of his Mercedes career if Stoffel runs him close!

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:16 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:00 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:30 pm

<laugh>

Shame you're not Tier 3!

Surely the death knell of his Mercedes career if Stoffel runs him close!
<laugh>

I mean the fact that Max could still beat him to p2 in the Championship is bad enough too!

Bottas is fine but he is obviously no more than a Massa type who will quietly sit and do what he's told without upsetting his far more successful and talented teammate. Obviously Max would be challenging Hamilton week-in-week-out in the sister Merc, but someone like Danny Ric would wipe the floor with Bottas in that car. Shame, with regs largely the same next season other than them losing a few aero bits we could really do with someone more competitive in the sister Merc to make the battle for race wins more interesting on a regular basis.

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:43 am

Get in! George Russell replacing Hammy at the weekend