Match Thread: Newcastle v Leicester

originallad
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Re: Match Thread: Newcastle v Leicester

Post by originallad » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:00 pm

Wonder what the odds were on Carroll scoring.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:00 pm

If we only lose by one Bruce can say we were unlucky...
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:02 pm

As much as the system is a large reason for our midfield being useless, Shelvey really is a different level of bad.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:04 pm

ALF wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:02 pm
As much as the system is a large reason for our midfield being useless, Shelvey really is a different level of bad.
100% this
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:04 pm

ALF wrote:
The fact he was jogging back for their second despite being on the field about three minutes sums him up.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:06 pm

Shame we couldn’t have shown this willingness for the first 80 mins.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:07 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:06 pm
Shame we couldn’t have shown this willingness for the first 80 mins.
Just what I was thinking.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:07 pm

Albrighton is the player that Steve Bruce thinks Ritchie is.

originallad
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by originallad » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:08 pm

Well at least we didnt get smashed.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:10 pm

We're just a sunday league side. We look our most dangerous when we're aimlessly going for it.

Captain Obvious
Drunk Control
Drunk Control

Post by Captain Obvious » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:11 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:00 pm
If we only lose by one Bruce can say we were unlucky...
Sadly this. "We were pushing at the end, on another day we could have got a point"

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:12 pm

Boooooooooo

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:18 pm

I thought we played really well overall, just lacking a bit of quality in the final third, I thought their second was just lazy from our midfield and their first the longstaffs were caught chasing the ball leaving the whole leicester team on the edge of our box. Silly mistakes with two really good finishes just left us too much to do in the end.

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:24 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:18 pm
I thought we played really well overall, just lacking a bit of quality in the final third, I thought their second was just lazy from our midfield and their first the longstaffs were caught chasing the ball leaving the whole leicester team on the edge of our box. Silly mistakes with two really good finishes just left us too much to do in the end.
Seriously? And I don't think the words 'really well' mean what you think they mean.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:31 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:24 pm
Don Sholeone wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:18 pm
Seriously? And I don't think the words 'really well' mean what you think they mean.
Yes, seriously, we pressed high and caused Leicester problems, we were positive and actually looked for the forward ball. We strung more passes together than normal, we actually had a lot more of the ball than normal, didnt shy away when 2-0 down, just lacked quality in the final third.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:37 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:31 pm
Donkey Toon wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:24 pm

Yes, seriously, we pressed high and caused Leicester problems, we were positive and actually looked for the forward ball. We strung more passes together than normal, we actually had a lot more of the ball than normal, didnt shy away when 2-0 down, just lacked quality in the final third.
We pressed at times, it was decent when we did but Wilson was largely isolated which leads to him being poor. Still only 43% possession and we still sat too deep to build anything worthwhile.

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:41 pm

Colly wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:04 pm
ALF wrote:
The fact he was jogging back for their second despite being on the field about three minutes sums him up.
This. He's simply not good enough.. if West Ham are still interested let him go there. Looks unbothered most of the times, slow, lethargic and his passing may be good (at times) but his all-round midfield game is overall poor (tackling, tracking back, defending, interceptions, going forward, attacking), etc.. his only decent attributes are his visions and passing but otherwise he's useless and even then his ''Hollywood'' passes only come of every 6 games or so.. he's too inconsistent to be a regular starter, too slow & lazy to start in a 2 man midfield and there's a reason why most Prem teams can overrun our midfield.. it's like we're playing 10 men when he starts. Awful.

Too little too late... the same endeavor and urgency we showed in the last 10 mins or so we should have shown in the whole match. 1 point out of these 3 games is a bonus though and Leicester are a excellent side who will be right up there challenging for the title but we could have got something out of this if we played the way we played in the last 10 mins.. I'm still.. #BruceOut

Great to see Carroll scoring and breaking his drought.. looked hungry and caused panic for a bit.. should have came on earlier in the game. Start him & Gayle against Arsenal in the FA Cup and have a real good go. Murphy & Ritchie out wide.. ping them crosses in!

We need to win against Sheffield United.. if not Bruce has to go! <ok>

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:42 pm

I'd say we played better than our avg, but that better than our avg is still completely s***.

Definitely did not play really well...

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:02 pm

Sanchino wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:41 pm
Colly wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:04 pm

This. He's simply not good enough.. if West Ham are still interested let him go there. Looks unbothered most of the times, slow, lethargic and his passing may be good (at times) but his all-round midfield game is overall poor (tackling, tracking back, defending, interceptions, going forward, attacking), etc.. his only decent attributes are his visions and passing but otherwise he's useless and even then his ''Hollywood'' passes only come of every 6 games or so.. he's too inconsistent to be a regular starter, too slow & lazy to start in a 2 man midfield and there's a reason why most Prem teams can overrun our midfield.. it's like we're playing 10 men when he starts. Awful.

Too little too late... the same endeavor and urgency we showed in the last 10 mins or so we should have shown in the whole match. 1 point out of these 3 games is a bonus though and Leicester are a excellent side who will be right up there challenging for the title but we could have got something out of this if we played the way we played in the last 10 mins.. I'm still.. #BruceOut

Great to see Carroll scoring and breaking his drought.. looked hungry and caused panic for a bit.. should have came on earlier in the game. Start him & Gayle against Arsenal in the FA Cup and have a real good go. Murphy & Ritchie out wide.. ping them crosses in!

We need to win against Sheffield United.. if not Bruce has to go! <ok>
I wouldn't even say Shelvey is a good passer of the ball. Under no pressure he can play cross-field passes that most professional footballers should be able to play. Even today he leathered one straight into the keepers arms from the centre circle.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:08 pm

Opposition manager masterplan: Let them have some posession as they've no f***ing clue what to do when that happens.

Once again we were industrious for about 10 minutes of the game and we scored. Quite how this a**hole of a manager can't see that continued effort and attack causes problems for the opposite team is beyond me!

Why do we only play for about 10% of a f***ing game? Why was our set up and game plan so f***ing different to the previous game? Why the f*** can't Shelvey play football? Where the f*** has Sean Longstaff gone? How the f*** do we keep playing Joelinton? When the f*** will Almiron come good?

Too many f***ing questions Steve Bruce cant fuckin answer!