Pavel's eBar

What to do with empty filing cabinet in office?

Keep it, just in case.
11%
Remove it.
No votes
Shoot it.
11%
Fill with booze.
46%
Turn into modern art.
11%
Sell it to Ashley as our new star striker in exchange for a big mug and £5 SD voucher.
22%

Total votes: 37

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Re: Pavel's eBar

Post by Hjl » Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:10 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:07 pm
Hjl wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:03 pm

That's all true, I tend to work constantly when I'm from home. The line separating work and home blurs until there isn't one. Even Xmas feels less festive this year. Maybe that's covid fatigue?
I’d agree with that too. Though I find it works both ways. I’m not tied down to Mon - Fri 9-5 now. Yesterday was a quiet day so I wrapped up at 2pm and went to the gym. But then on Wednesday night I worked until 7pm so it balances out.

I’m off for 2 weeks at Christmas but will still have to login every couple of days. I manage medical trials and sadly they don’t stop for Xmas so I’ll need to keep an eye on any urgent things that come in but hopefully not too much.
I have two weeks off too. I manage integrity of natural gas pipelines and so I'm in the same position as you. When things are quiet it's the easiest job in the world, when something happens it's 18hrs a day until it's fixed.

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:56 pm

I deal with a load of software robots so also have to keep half an eye on things when I'm off otherwise everything will go to s*** <ergh>.
Kindly deeds done for free!

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:10 pm

Merry Christmas Ya Filthy Animals!

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:10 pm

Happy Xmas assholes <diva>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:48 pm

Merry Christmas <cheers>

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:56 pm

Merry christmas gents

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:56 pm

Happy Christmas.

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:35 pm

A belated Merry Christmas to you all and a Happy New Year!

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:29 am

A very belated Merry Christmas and New Year all <gent>. I'm back at work now so will be on the forum more <laugh>.
Kindly deeds done for free!

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:33 pm

So yep all kicking off in the US. As predicted, Trump's **** lies would lead to violence and possibly death. At least one person shot and critically ill so far.

Where are all the tear gas and rubber bullets this time? Did they use them all against peaceful BLM protesters?

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:43 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:33 pm
So yep all kicking off in the US. As predicted, Trump's **** lies would lead to violence and possibly death. At least one person shot and critically ill so far.

Where are all the tear gas and rubber bullets this time? Did they use them all against peaceful BLM protesters?
Trumps behaviour and the people who sit back in his party and enable it are an absolute disgrace.

I bet America’s enemies are loving it, they can sit back and watch trump rip the country apart without them having to lift a finger.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:46 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:43 pm
Donkey Toon wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:33 pm

Trumps behaviour and the people who sit back in his party and enable it are an absolute disgrace.

I bet America’s enemies are loving it, they can sit back and watch trump rip the country apart without them having to lift a finger.
Yep, the entire GOP is a disgrace. You can add Fox, OANN and Newsmax to that as well. The US is getting what it deserves for allowing Trump to destroy the principles of democracy, slowly, in full public view, over a four year period. Wtf did they think would end up happening?

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:07 pm

He's attempting to be a dictator, needs putting in prison.

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:24 pm

Gosh these guys are lucky that they are white.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:04 pm

Hjl wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:24 pm
Gosh these guys are lucky that they are white.
Lucky they are white republicans. Was in DC in 2018 , amazing seeing the rooms me and my brother saw on tours occupied by fascists. Should be crushed, Pence has abandoned him and The National Guard will be in soon under leadership that has explicitly stated they serve the Constitution not the president.

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:11 pm

So it appears that the female protester who had been shot has died. Can't help thinking though that had it been BLM storming the building the cops would have run out of ammunition and sent out for more.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:48 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:11 pm
So it appears that the female protester who had been shot has died. Can't help thinking though that had it been BLM storming the building the cops would have run out of ammunition and sent out for more.
I'm glad it's not ended in bloodshed, I think it's what Trump wanted. A peaceful dismantling of these fucktards takes a lot of heat out of it all.

Not to say your statement is wrong, you're 100% right. If this was Antifa, or BLM or hell even just Biden supporters bodies would be piled high. Trump is Hitler in his bunker, all his support has gone all he can do is stir and it's failed.

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:24 am

Blue & Maroon wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:48 pm
Donkey Toon wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:11 pm
I'm glad it's not ended in bloodshed, I think it's what Trump wanted. A peaceful dismantling of these fucktards takes a lot of heat out of it all.

Not to say your statement is wrong, you're 100% right. If this was Antifa, or BLM or hell even just Biden supporters bodies would be piled high. Trump is Hitler in his bunker, all his support has gone all he can do is stir and it's failed.
I agree. They used restraint and it was absolutely the right thing to do. Had there been numerous casualties it would have been not only a tragedy but also been seen as a massive moral victory for Trump and his base. Saying that i'm sure they will still make a martyr of the lady that died, she will become the Trumpist Horst Wessel.

Can't help thinking that Trump will be delighted with how it turned out though. He has an historical moment that he can spin as the American people validating his claims of a stolen election. Something he can take with him into the future as a rallying call.

I don't have the words to fully express my contempt for that cronut.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:34 pm

A member of my family questioned where were the security protocols as they ended up barricading doors.

I told her they only practice active shooting drills in high schools

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:44 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:24 am
Blue & Maroon wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:48 pm

I agree. They used restraint and it was absolutely the right thing to do. Had there been numerous casualties it would have been not only a tragedy but also been seen as a massive moral victory for Trump and his base. Saying that i'm sure they will still make a martyr of the lady that died, she will become the Trumpist Horst Wessel.
Isn't there a middle ground though. Use tear gas, kettling and more bodies from National Guard to shut it down without shooting anyone. I can't agree it was the right thing to let them into the building. Imagine how scared the people inside were, it scares people off from working there. And could easily have went south.
The right will be emboldened to try again (this time armed?) because the police seem ineffectual/friendly
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012