Pavel's eBar

What to do with empty filing cabinet in office?

Keep it, just in case.
11%
Remove it.
No votes
Shoot it.
11%
Fill with booze.
46%
Turn into modern art.
11%
Sell it to Ashley as our new star striker in exchange for a big mug and £5 SD voucher.
22%

Total votes: 37

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Re: Pavel's eBar

Post by Hjl » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:32 pm

biggeordiedave wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:53 am
Hjl wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:42 am
I ordered, amount my other groceries, a bag of parsnips. They didn't have any so they decided to give me 5 large eggplants instead.......
Aubergine <wenger>
I was wondering what the propper word for that was. Can honestly say I never had an aubergine growing up.

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:01 pm

Hjl wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:32 pm
biggeordiedave wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:53 am

Aubergine <wenger>
I was wondering what the propper word for that was. Can honestly say I never had an aubergine growing up.
I was vegetarian for a lot of years (before it was cool 8) ) back when places didn't really know how to cater for it. A lot of places just used big slabs of grilled aubergine as a replacement for meat.
Kindly deeds done for free!

beardface
Shola-esque
Shola-esque

Post by beardface » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:27 pm

<gent> nice to see some familiar faces <roll>

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:20 pm

beardface wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:27 pm
Well well well, look who's come crawling back. Too busy even over the first two lockdowns eh?

Good to see you.
Hope the last year hasn't been too s**** <cheers>

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:39 pm

beardface wrote:
Welcome back! <gent>

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:44 pm

beardface wrote:
<gent>

beardface
Shola-esque
Shola-esque

Post by beardface » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:52 pm

Beatski wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:20 pm
beardface wrote:
Well well well, look who's come crawling back. Too busy even over the first two lockdowns eh?

Good to see you.
Hope the last year hasn't been too s**** <cheers>
<laugh>. I managed to avoid being forced to self isolate during the first two lockdowns. This time.. not so lucky, so here I am.

No deaths or job losses in my 2020, so I guess that means it has to be considered ok by our new very low standards <erk>. Hope all was well with yours too!

ALF and Dave <awe>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:44 pm

One of my girlfriends friends cat got stolen, the people who stole it threw it from their car and it got hit by a van behind. Some people are f***ed up.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:53 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:44 pm
One of my girlfriends friends cat got stolen, the people who stole it threw it from their car and it got hit by a van behind. Some people are f***ed up.
Me Mam's cat went missing last May, f***ing awful, just hope no one has been as cruel as that <erk> <urgh> What awful people, can't imagine hurting an animal.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:04 pm

Yeah some people really are horrendous- only silver lining is the van that hit the cat stopped and called them with the number of the collar, and that it would have been instant.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:10 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:44 pm
That's properly f***ed up. There's a lot more pet thefts going on these days, the world is so messed up.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:11 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:04 pm
Yeah some people really are horrendous- only silver lining is the van that hit the cat stopped and called them with the number of the collar, and that it would have been instant.
Not much of a silver lining but a bit of humanity.

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:12 pm

Would anyone recommend a Ring Doorbell? I’ve recently moved into a new build house and our developer no longer installs doorbells as part of their spec <wenger>. If I wanted a traditional doorbell I would need to start from scratch with the wire installation etc
<wenger>

I’m not sure what it is about Ring Doorbells; whether it’s the really annoying adverts or the fact every man and his dog seems to have one nowadays I really don’t like the look of them. That and it’s yet another reason for your phone to be tethered to you 24/7.

The luddite in me just a wants a standard doorbell with a chime.

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:48 pm

Just get a wireless doorbell. I've got a Ring doorbell on the front (wired in as it replaced the existing doorbell) but most people come to my back gate as it faces the street. We were missing deliveries as we bolt the gate for the dog, so we got another doorbell that I just stuck to the back fence. The receiver is in the kitchen and it's loud enough that we can hear it on the top floor (new build town house). You can get them with multiple receivers too, for example https://www.amazon.co.uk/ACGAM-Receiver ... 08741YVG4/

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:59 pm

I've got a Nest one, which I like. Integrates with Google Home etc. so it's loud and clear through the house. And being able to see who's at the front door is helpful. Don't have to open the door to Jehovah's Witnesses.
I had the first custom w***

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:15 pm

Cheers for recommendations! I actually got a free Google nest through Spotify but it got delivered to my parents address so I’m yet to get my hands on it (was in the process of moving house + lockdowns etc). So perhaps it’s worth persuing the Google one <ok>

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:36 pm

jpg wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:15 pm
Cheers for recommendations! I actually got a free Google nest through Spotify but it got delivered to my parents address so I’m yet to get my hands on it (was in the process of moving house + lockdowns etc). So perhaps it’s worth persuing the Google one <ok>
That's exactly how I got mine! It's extremely overqualified as a doorbell, which is literally the only thing I use it for.
I had the first custom w***

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:01 pm

Google gave me one of their little speaker Alexa type devices for free. I changed my ISP and haven't figured out how to connect it up to my wi-fi. Occasionally it shouts at me in the middle of the night.

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:03 pm

jpg wrote:
f*** you then! Don't listen to my advice! <wenger>

On your point about new builds though, we're going to see fewer and fewer standard things within houses over the years. Eventually they'll just build you a shell (and charge you the same amount) and you'll have to do all the boarding of interior walls and floors, electrics, plumbing, doors, windows, insulation etc.

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:24 pm

biggeordiedave wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:03 pm
jpg wrote:
**** you then! Don't listen to my advice! <wenger>

On your point about new builds though, we're going to see fewer and fewer standard things within houses over the years. Eventually they'll just build you a shell (and charge you the same amount) and you'll have to do all the boarding of interior walls and floors, electrics, plumbing, doors, windows, insulation etc.
Why don’t you shove that Ring doorbell up your arse! <fist>

They definitely like giving you less and less whilst hiking up the prices over the past 10 years thanks to the Help to Buy boom. My parents bought a new build about 25 years ago, and it’s incredible how much less space you get. Double garages have become a relic.

Im expecting the creation new build developments to stagnate once they get rid of Help to Buy for second time buyers later this year (unless they just repackage it as something else which they probably will). The fact STB’s could even use HTB in the first place is one of the reasons why house prices have become so unaffordable for young people.