NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (January 2021)

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (January 2021)

Post by Colly » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:11 pm

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:33 pm

<roll>

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:34 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:59 pm
Apparently just waiting on announcement, kinda annoying its taken so long to get a loan through. We make the simplest things so tedious
I'd like to defend us saying very few deals have been done this window but we are always like this <urgh>

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:43 pm

Blue & Maroon wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:34 pm
Don Sholeone wrote:
Apparently just waiting on announcement, kinda annoying its taken so long to get a loan through. We make the simplest things so tedious
I'd like to defend us saying very few deals have been done this window but we are always like this <urgh>
Sky are currently reporting Boro have approached Fulham to sign Kamara, whilst also reporting he's signed for Dijon. We're doing better than that...

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:44 pm

Blue & Maroon wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:34 pm
Don Sholeone wrote:
Whats always bugged me is 9 times out of 10 a team will always have a deal in place for when the window opens, so its possible to work on deals ahead of time yet we only seem to get serious going into the last week. Apparently the guy Liverpool signed tonight we have been after for a while and there was talk tonight we had a deal all but wrapped up until Liverpool stepped in last minute. So you have to ask why wasnt this sale done earlier, why has it taken till deadline day and then we end up losing out because of it, Its insane!

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:49 pm

Isn't it usually that selling clubs will hang on to see what they can get? We weren't exactly desperate to get a centre half in, and supposedly Leicester didn't want to let Choudhury go without bringing someone in for cover. Can't say I'm too bothered, not much out there and I still think this squad is decent.

Captain Obvious
Drunk Control
Drunk Control

Post by Captain Obvious » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:15 am

Christian Atsu can now be added to the 25 man squad. Like a new signing.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:16 am

Colly wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:49 pm
Isn't it usually that selling clubs will hang on to see what they can get? We weren't exactly desperate to get a centre half in, and supposedly Leicester didn't want to let Choudhury go without bringing someone in for cover. Can't say I'm too bothered, not much out there and I still think this squad is decent.
Agreed, why would you sell early if you can get as much play out of them as possible, hold on for the highest price, and wait for new clubs to get more desperate (as Liverpool did). And when everyone is playing that game, each side is left fearing they won't have time to replace the outgoing player.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:39 am

Captain Obvious wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:15 am
I wouldn't be surprised if Bruce went for Saivet over Atsu, given we were looking for another CM though I think we're well covered in that area now and Atsu would be better in terms of squad numbers

CM: Hayden, Shelvey, Longstaff (x2) Hendrick, Willock

Wing: St. Max, Almiron, Fraser, Murphy, Ritchie
I'll Hazard a guess

Captain Obvious
Drunk Control
Drunk Control

Post by Captain Obvious » Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:42 am

lassassinblanc wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:39 am
Captain Obvious wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:15 am
I wouldn't be surprised if Bruce went for Saivet over Atsu, given we were looking for another CM though I think we're well covered in that area now and Atsu would be better in terms of squad numbers

Saivet over the Ghanaian Messi ffs?

Personally think there's something funny with the Saivet deal - play another game trigger a payment or something. To not even make the team in some of those lowly cup games where squad registration isn't relevant is very strange. I think there's more than meets the eye. Same with Lazaar. They can't both be THAT bad to not even feature - Bruce took Lazaar on loan to Sheff Wed and started him each week. There's more to those deals imo, hence why I think it'll be Atsu.

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:56 am

Captain Obvious wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:42 am
lassassinblanc wrote:

Personally think there's something funny with the Saivet deal - play another game trigger a payment or something. To not even make the team in some of those lowly cup games where squad registration isn't relevant is very strange. I think there's more than meets the eye. Same with Lazaar. They can't both be THAT bad to not even feature - Bruce took Lazaar on loan to Sheff Wed and started him each week. There's more to those deals imo, hence why I think it'll be Atsu.
Yeah & didn't Saviet score that cracking free-kick against West Ham & whenever he's featured he looks decent, sure not top quality but decent enough to be on the bench/start occasionally ? He was a regular starter for Boreduex & looked like a promising box-to-box/attacking midfielder when we first signed him so don't understand why he was never given a proper run in the side.. <scratch>

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:58 am

Yeah found it very strange especially with Saivet who hasn't had any issue going out on loan in the past and playing games consistently. So he's obviously been fit and good enough to play. Yet back here he's not even given a sniff. Very bizzare.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:51 pm

Captain Obvious wrote:
lassassinblanc wrote:

Perhaps so
I'll Hazard a guess

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:54 pm

Captain Obvious wrote:
lassassinblanc wrote:

Lazaar barely got a game when he went to Benevento, and they were pretty much this years Sheffield United of Serie A that year. I think he was just one of many s*** Rafa signings. Bruce starting him at Sheff Wed doesn't overly surprise me...

Saivet is an odd one though, he looked decent in spells but never got anything resembling a chance for us.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:46 pm

To go from captain of Bordeaux to not dressing for us for years. Talk about wasting what should have been the prime of his career.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:02 pm

3 managers here didn’t give him a chance so you wonder what goes on.

That said, two of those managers were McLaren and Bruce...
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:06 pm

Randomly linked to AC Milan
I'll Hazard a guess

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:49 pm

Have seen that Milan rumour kicking around for a week or two. Seems wild he'd land there after all his failures to get in any loan side. Not that ACM are what they used to be.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:31 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:49 pm
Have seen that Milan rumour kicking around for a week or two. Seems wild he'd land there after all his failures to get in any loan side. Not that ACM are what they used to be.
No but they’re getting back there, aren’t they top / joint top in Serie A.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:41 pm

New signing <run>
I'll Hazard a guess