Pavel's eBar

What to do with empty filing cabinet in office?

Keep it, just in case.
11%
Remove it.
No votes
Shoot it.
11%
Fill with booze.
46%
Turn into modern art.
11%
Sell it to Ashley as our new star striker in exchange for a big mug and £5 SD voucher.
22%

Total votes: 37

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: Pavel's eBar

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:43 pm

The whole housing market in this country needs a shake-up, there's very little reason why lenders for example shouldn't be more open to lending on non-standard construction methods. In a lot of the UK the climate is general mild most of the year and plenty of areas aren't badly effected by floods, high winds etc. so the notion that houses have to be brick and mortar is stupid. There are far more efficient and cheaper ways to provide much needed accommodation at affordable prices for people.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:22 pm

jpg wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:24 pm
biggeordiedave wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:03 pm

**** you then! Don't listen to my advice! <wenger>

On your point about new builds though, we're going to see fewer and fewer standard things within houses over the years. Eventually they'll just build you a shell (and charge you the same amount) and you'll have to do all the boarding of interior walls and floors, electrics, plumbing, doors, windows, insulation etc.
Why don’t you shove that Ring doorbell up your arse! <fist>

They definitely like giving you less and less whilst hiking up the prices over the past 10 years thanks to the Help to Buy boom. My parents bought a new build about 25 years ago, and it’s incredible how much less space you get. Double garages have become a relic.

Im expecting the creation new build developments to stagnate once they get rid of Help to Buy for second time buyers later this year (unless they just repackage it as something else which they probably will). The fact STB’s could even use HTB in the first place is one of the reasons why house prices have become so unaffordable for young people.
Help to Buy was the only way we would have ever been able to afford a house when we bought ours 7 years ago. We've been lucky as our house is a good size and we've got a decent enough driveway and garage, but the house wasn't built particularly well. We had so many issues when we first moved in. Some of the houses on our estate are appallingly bad.
Kindly deeds done for free!

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:41 pm

I bought a HTB flat in London 4.5 years ago (so Gov't owns 40%). Selling it for a £10k loss this week/next week. In hindsight - spending an unholy amount on a flat in London's most polluted and most ASBO-y borough Tower Hamlets two weeks after Brexit was maybe not the most sound investment...
I had the first custom w***

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:25 pm

I work in equity research. An old colleague of mine covered housebuilders. He hated them. Build quality is crap because demand > supply. And they donate to tories so help to buy for new builds was just a massive subsidy to them. If you artificially increase demand but not supply, prices just go up.
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:53 pm

First time in the office since the end of October, and only the 4/5th time since the first lockdown, actually nice for the change of scenery and to see some different faces.

Work have also suspended car parking charges <diva>

Forgot my ID badge tho <grim>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:55 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:53 pm
First time in the office since the end of October, and only the 4/5th time since the first lockdown, actually nice for the change of scenery and to see some different faces.

Work have also suspended car parking charges <diva>

Forgot my ID badge tho <grim>
The office park I work in did the opposite and increased them by 150% <diva> Despite the fact that very few people were even going to work!
Kindly deeds done for free!

beardface
Shola-esque
Shola-esque

Post by beardface » Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:38 pm

Speedo wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:41 pm
I bought a HTB flat in London 4.5 years ago (so Gov't owns 40%). Selling it for a £10k loss this week/next week. In hindsight - spending an unholy amount on a flat in London's most polluted and most ASBO-y borough Tower Hamlets two weeks after Brexit was maybe not the most sound investment...
I've got an East London H2B flat too. Can't wait for the inevitable loss in value when it comes to selling. <diva>

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:19 pm

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:57 pm

Ive developed an intolerance to alcohol, or something Im drinking anyway. Almost as soon as I start drinking my nose starts running and Im sneezing. The next day I can barely taste anything and Im blowing my nose all day. Tried taking clarityn as its an allergy reaction but it doesn't work. Not sure what to do other than not drinking - maybe trying different drinks I guess. I think beer is the main allergen as that's what makes me the worst. So annoying

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PTAO? » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:46 pm

Beer exacerbates my hay fever as it contains histamines, try clear spirits, see if it still happens

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:43 pm

I will try thanks. I presume you mean vodka then? Tequila etc

PTAO?

Post by PTAO? » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:15 pm

Micky Quim wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:43 pm
I will try thanks. I presume you mean vodka then? Tequila etc
My personal choice is gin, but either of those would work!

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:32 pm

Get on the single malt.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:00 pm

Was up being sick in the night and spent all day in bed feeling like death <urgh>

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:36 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:00 pm
Was up being sick in the night and spent all day in bed feeling like death <urgh>
Logged into work at 5am to host a meeting with peeps in KL and Singapore and our laptops kick you off VPN after 10 hours so I was forced off at 3pm and sat out in the sun with a bottle of wine.

On the gin now so may have death tomorrow

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:20 pm

sounds like my nite bt with a scotch instead lol

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:42 am

No idea how to post a picture on here, but found a loaf of bread in my breadbin that must have been in there for a good couple of months...doesn't really smell tho tbf. Quite hard to distinguish that it used to be bread...

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:30 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:42 am
No idea how to post a picture on here, but found a loaf of bread in my breadbin that must have been in there for a good couple of months...doesn't really smell tho tbf. Quite hard to distinguish that it used to be bread...
I think I speak for everyone when I say we'd like to see the picture.

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:00 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:42 am
My friend found a turkey in his oven around about May one year. They were never ones for cooking at home - always went out of meals. It turned out they were going to cook Turkey for Christmas dinner so got it out the day before but then went to a family member on the day when they were last minute invited. Needless to say he was surprised it hadn't actually walked out of the oven itself.

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:25 pm

First proper day out session for over a year. Marvellous weather, lush food and plenty pints. Feels great to be alive!