NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (January 2021)

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (January 2021)

Post by lassassinblanc » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:24 pm

Sanchino wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:19 pm
lassassinblanc wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:34 pm
Small transfer update, probably shouldn't share but shall, Over International break I spoke with two current Norwegian Internationals who have received offers from Newcastle.

I'm not going to say who but just to clarify to avoid the hype unfortunately Erling Haaland is not one of them.
Kristoffer Ajer & Morten Thorsby be one of them? Patrick Berg? Mohamed Elyounoussi's had a very good season at Celtic.

I'll take any of them.. Sander Berg from Shefield United is a decent box-to-box too. <scratch>
You're on the right path my friend. Sander though I believe has a few of the bigger clubs looking at him.
I'll Hazard a guess

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:58 pm

I guess it all depends which league we're in next season...
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:41 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:58 pm
I guess it all depends which league we're in next season...
And who we're owned by, managed by, scouted by, etc. So much uncertainty surrounding the club, and it feels like ages since there was a clear direction.

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:55 am

lassassinblanc wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:24 pm
Sanchino wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:19 pm

Kristoffer Ajer & Morten Thorsby be one of them? Patrick Berg? Mohamed Elyounoussi's had a very good season at Celtic.

I'll take any of them.. Sander Berg from Shefield United is a decent box-to-box too. <scratch>
You're on the right path my friend. Sander though I believe has a few of the bigger clubs looking at him.
yeh, can confirm this 2 as a friend of mine is involved in the business n berg has actually come away with a lot of fans which surprised me. city very keen, chelsea 2

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:23 pm

gola wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:55 am
lassassinblanc wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:24 pm

yeh, can confirm this 2 as a friend of mine is involved in the business n berg has actually come away with a lot of fans which surprised me. city very keen, chelsea 2
If that happened, chalk him up as the next Drinkwater or Rodwell. Not with the personal issues associated with either of them, but as a central midfielder not good enough to actually play for either of them. Obviously wouldn't judge him for wanting that challenge, experience or pay of course though.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:40 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:23 pm
gola wrote:

If that happened, chalk him up as the next Drinkwater or Rodwell. Not with the personal issues associated with either of them, but as a central midfielder not good enough to actually play for either of them. Obviously wouldn't judge him for wanting that challenge, experience or pay of course though.
It was actually a massive surprise when Sander Berge moved to Sheffield Utd many expected him to go to (no disrespect to Sheffield Utd) but a much better club.

He definitely has the ability to play at a higher level, I think injuries and Sheff Utd's back form has really affected him playing wise but I think he's a much better play then Drinkwater and Rodwell (in fact I'd rate him much higher) so that's a bad comparison in my view.
I'll Hazard a guess

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:59 pm

Can’t say I’ve seen much of him, but I would agree that chances are his playing time at City or Chelsea would be limited.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:39 pm

lassassinblanc wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:40 pm
Remember Colo wrote:

It was actually a massive surprise when Sander Berge moved to Sheffield Utd many expected him to go to (no disrespect to Sheffield Utd) but a much better club.

He definitely has the ability to play at a higher level, I think injuries and Sheff Utd's back form has really affected him playing wise but I think he's a much better play then Drinkwater and Rodwell (in fact I'd rate him much higher) so that's a bad comparison in my view.
I didn't mean to imply his ability was necessarily comparable to them, but just two other PL central midfielders who moved to City and Chelsea and found their opportunities limited.

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:26 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
gola wrote:

This. For Everton / Leicester who are good ''mid-level'' teams fighting for top 6 they stand out. But you always see the case of a superstar at a team like Villa/Everton/Leicester/West Ham/Wolves/Newcastle being bang average at City/Liverpool/Man United/etc.. Sinclair / Rodwell at City, Benteke/Carroll at Liverpool, Fellani / Zaha at Man United, etc.. so many cases. Berger falls into this too.. his chances will be a limited at a top 4/6 team but at a team like ours/Villa/Everton/Wolves he'll be better suited & be a regular starter.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:45 pm

Telegraph reporting that Willock could be available for 20m. With Bruce's comments included in that story, and recent things Willock has said in terms of him enjoying his time here, could make sense. Not sure we'd pay that much mind, but he's definitely improved us since coming on loan. Then again, so did Kenedy in that first loan spell from the January.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... permanent/
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

Sanchino

Post by Sanchino » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:59 pm

CIH wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:45 pm
Telegraph reporting that Willock could be available for 20m. With Bruce's comments included in that story, and recent things Willock has said in terms of him enjoying his time here, could make sense. Not sure we'd pay that much mind, but he's definitely improved us since coming on loan. Then again, so did Kenedy in that first loan spell from the January.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... permanent/
I'll take a punt on him why not ?

Only 21 with bags of potential. If he brushes up his all-round midfield game(passing / defensive side of things) he'll be the complete box-to-box midfielder we need. That 20mil investment could easily be worth double or even tripe that when he hits his mid 20s. But yeah good point made on the Kenedy deal.. was great for us first time around and then very mediocre second time around, so that doesn't happen again we should take him on loan again next season with a option to buy.. it covers our backs if things don't work out but then Arsenal might want to keep him so who knows but if they want to sell we should go for it. We spent 40mil on Joelinton for crying out loud.. <wah> <urgh>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:02 am

£20m in a steal nowadays, I don’t agree with the Kenedy comparison- there were always questions around his attitude holding him back but Willock seems much more level headed.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:38 pm

Yeah, let's sign him <laugh>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:41 pm

CIH wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:38 pm
Arsenal are direct competitors for us next season given their decline, will they sell to us <laugh>

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:55 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:41 pm
CIH wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:38 pm
Arsenal are direct competitors for us next season given their decline, will they sell to us <laugh>
But all of the ESL owners tell us they desperately need the money for the good of the game, so we'd be helping the world out by giving Arsenal 20m <laugh>

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:29 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:55 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:41 pm

But all of the ESL owners tell us they desperately need the money for the good of the game, so we'd be helping the world out by giving Arsenal 20m <laugh>
<applause> I'm in favour of this argument haha

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:09 am

Rumours that Chelsea will listen to offers for Tammy Abraham in the summer, given he was on our radar a few years back I wouldn't be surprised if were sniffing
I'll Hazard a guess

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:25 am

lassassinblanc wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:09 am
Rumours that Chelsea will listen to offers for Tammy Abraham in the summer, given he was on our radar a few years back I wouldn't be surprised if were sniffing
Can't see us paying the 40m asking price for him, especially after the gamble on Joelinton

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:44 am

He’ll more than likely go to Villa, or wolves were interested before too. We wouldn’t pay his wages.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:41 pm

West Ham linked as well, they are light up top. Surely no one will pay the 40m though? Scandalous asking price.