Match day thread - NUFC v Arsenal

Stevo
Pope's Goalposts

Re: Match day thread - NUFC v Arsenal

Post by Stevo » Sun May 02, 2021 2:20 pm

Painful listening to this on the radio, we don't seem to have the ball at all....

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Sun May 02, 2021 2:25 pm

Game over.

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Sun May 02, 2021 2:25 pm

Awful.
I had the first custom w***

seaside nipper
Spain (Morata)
Spain (Morata)

Post by seaside nipper » Sun May 02, 2021 2:26 pm

Aye well will last out switch off the lights please
Clydeside & Tyneside

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Sun May 02, 2021 2:47 pm

Ritchie hasn’t found a man all day with his crosses. Not one player has done well today

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Sun May 02, 2021 2:50 pm

Harsh red. But stupid all the same.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Sun May 02, 2021 2:51 pm

Was about to say only positive out of this game was gametime for Schar on his comeback
I'll Hazard a guess

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Sun May 02, 2021 3:02 pm

Really struggled against Arsenal’s press. We’ve got the players to do more than simply ‘lump it to ASM’ but I’m not expecting anything to change with Bruce in charge.

Nice to have Schar back while it lasted.

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Sun May 02, 2021 3:05 pm

And now my recording for the F1 hasn’t worked. What a rubbish afternoon.

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Sun May 02, 2021 3:16 pm

jpg wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 3:02 pm
Really struggled against Arsenal’s press. We’ve got the players to do more than simply ‘lump it to ASM’ but I’m not expecting anything to change with Bruce in charge.

Nice to have Schar back while it lasted.
This sums it up for me. Felt like the players were already thinking about the beach when we're mathematically not even safe. It's like our only tactic was ''give the ball to ASM & let him work his magic or lump it to Wilson''. That mentality won't change under Bruce.. we won't be playing expansive, entertaining, possession-based, exciting, intricate & attacking football anytime soon. It's sit-back, soak up the pressure, try hit them on the break &/or lump it up to ASM/Wilson to work there magic. Disappointing today.. Felt like Arsenal didn't get out of second gear at times & we was just going through the motions. On Arsenal's note.. Martelini is a talent & has bags of potential at only 19! Murphy struggled to cope with his pace, trickery & directness all day. Shelvey needs to get dropped/rested, Longstaff was meh, Miggy was anonymous & ineffective, Ritchie put in some decent crosses but his lack of pace is annoying as he never beats his full-back.. ASM was our best player but faded badly in the second half after there second goal. Wilson made some good runs but struggled on his own at times & was feeding on scraps.

Overall we won't go down but it truly felt like a ''nothing'' game. The players seem to have there ''we on the beach'' mindset switch on.. I don't expect anything against Leicester. Shelfield United at home we need a result & performance! <diva>

Team for Leicester we need some fresh faces & something different... too many tired legs out there.

Dubra
Murphy Fernandez Clark Dummet Lewis
Willock S.Longstaff
Miggy
Wilson ASM

OR a switch to a back four wouldn't be bad...

Dubra
Manquillo Fernandez Clark Dummet
Willock S.Longstaff
Murphy Miggy ASM
Wilson

Uncle Paul
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Uncle Paul » Sun May 02, 2021 3:20 pm

I know this isn’t the correct thread... but is anybody watching sky sports and hearing this Manchester United ownership talk? Amazing how we as a club have suffered as have many lower league clubs and now it’s a disgrace how man United have been run. Understandably the super league fiasco has opened eyes and highlighted the situation a lot more, but we were shot down by many when we voiced the running of our football club.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sun May 02, 2021 3:26 pm

Uncle Paul wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 3:20 pm
I know this isn’t the correct thread... but is anybody watching sky sports and hearing this Manchester United ownership talk? Amazing how we as a club have suffered as have many lower league clubs and now it’s a disgrace how man United have been run. Understandably the super league fiasco has opened eyes and highlighted the situation a lot more, but we were shot down by many when we voiced the running of our football club.
I was watching the NBC stream and they cut away from the game to report on it. Its ridiculous and then the media all wonder why these clubs get ideas above their station. It's a joke.

Uncle Paul
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Uncle Paul » Sun May 02, 2021 3:43 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 3:26 pm
Uncle Paul wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 3:20 pm
I was watching the NBC stream and they cut away from the game to report on it. Its ridiculous and then the media all wonder why these clubs get ideas above their station. It's a joke.
Definitely! Manchester United are a huge club and known world wide but the fact supporters are being praised for their protest is ridiculous. I’m fairly sure if this was Newcastle supporters or even a club outside this ‘big six’ they’d be shot down and condemned immediately.

I mean, Rio Ferdinand does believe we should just buy our club to rid it of Ashley...

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sun May 02, 2021 3:48 pm

We'd either be pilloried if we broke into the ground, or they just wouldn't cover it.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun May 02, 2021 4:38 pm

If Man U fans don’t like their owners then they should just have a whip-round and buy the club themselves.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Sun May 02, 2021 6:18 pm

We were s**** today. Offered absolutely nothing. Rolling your sleeves up and digging in only goes so far.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Tue May 04, 2021 4:04 pm

And as much as everyone deserved criticism, can I add that Dummett isn't a (good) CB, or LB for that matter. Bellerin got in behind him for the first goal because he was too preoccupied trying to play the opposite wing offside, and second goal he and Clark did an awful job marking PEA. I know he's out of position playing there, so that's part of his defense, but I don't want to rely on him as a meaningful option going forward.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue May 04, 2021 4:24 pm

Clark has also been out of form I think.

You’d think that if Lascelles, Fernandez, Schar and (hopefully) Lejeune available next season that the game time of Dummett/Clark might be a little more limited, even more so if we sign a new CB in summer.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue May 04, 2021 7:45 pm

One thing I find funny is, a certain Fan Twitter account took part in the social media silence to make a stand against abuse online... Their first post after abuse towards Bruce for the loss
I'll Hazard a guess

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Tue May 04, 2021 7:54 pm

lassassinblanc wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 7:45 pm
One thing I find funny is, a certain Fan Twitter account took part in the social media silence to make a stand against abuse online... Their first post after abuse towards Bruce for the loss
Shocked, shocked I say!