Pavel's eBar

What to do with empty filing cabinet in office?

Keep it, just in case.
11%
Remove it.
No votes
Shoot it.
11%
Fill with booze.
46%
Turn into modern art.
11%
Sell it to Ashley as our new star striker in exchange for a big mug and £5 SD voucher.
22%

Total votes: 37

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free
Living in his head rent free

Re: Pavel's eBar

Post by biggeordiedave » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:03 pm

Micky Quim wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:00 am
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:42 am
No idea how to post a picture on here, but found a loaf of bread in my breadbin that must have been in there for a good couple of months...doesn't really smell tho tbf. Quite hard to distinguish that it used to be bread...
My friend found a turkey in his oven around about May one year. They were never ones for cooking at home - always went out of meals. It turned out they were going to cook Turkey for Christmas dinner so got it out the day before but then went to a family member on the day when they were last minute invited. Needless to say he was surprised it hadn't actually walked out of the oven itself.
BB and your mate are a pair of scruffy cunts <ok>.
Kindly deeds done for free!

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Fri May 14, 2021 6:16 pm

Bit of a weird one lol.

At work we got discussing medical examinations that happened at school, most remembered the eye tests, ear tests, hair lice etc. Then I mentioned about having me meat and 2 veg examined and it was met with a bit of shock/disbelief. A couple of the other lads said their schools did the same thing too, something to make sure ya bollocks were dropping apparently.(which put my mind at ease as I started to assume I'd been diddled on by a fake doctor).

It was weird as I'd probably hidden it away in my mind for all these years. Apparently it is still a practice amongst some schools that run medical assessments which I found to be a bit weird for these times.

Just got me wondering how common it actually was, this happened in the 90s for me but the other lads who mentioned it were more 70-80s.

Odd topic I know but I'm probably still trying to put my mind at ease a little more <laugh>

Amnesiac
-

Post by Amnesiac » Fri May 14, 2021 7:23 pm

We just had the normal checks, not fondled by a "doctor". I think our catchment areas differ slightly.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri May 14, 2021 11:02 pm

Yeah I remember that at primary school <ok>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Sat May 15, 2021 12:28 am

Yeah I remember having a school medical in the 70's that included the bollock test.

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Sat May 15, 2021 8:08 am

I had that test but one of my parents had to be present. Very odd thinking back about it now

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat May 15, 2021 10:35 am

Micky Quim wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 8:08 am
I had that test but one of my parents had to be present. Very odd thinking back about it now
Same, my mum was there.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Sat May 15, 2021 1:13 pm

I went to an all boys military school and we had the bollock test. The nurse at the medical centre was considered hot as she was the sole female staff member in the school.

I was one of the first to get checked and the nurse walks out and brings you in. When I walked out I told my friend 3 places from the check that the nurse fondled your balls and he got a stiffy so by the time it came to his turn he was trying to delay it when I finally told him it was a male doctor.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat May 15, 2021 3:29 pm

<laugh>

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Sat May 22, 2021 4:30 pm

Mackems <awe>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:36 am

Some people are baffling.

My girlfriends best mate recently kicked her boyfriend out, they'd not been getting on for a fair while, not happy, lots of problems etc. and she finally gave him the boot (2 weeks after buying him a £1500 watch for his birthday..). Fast forward a month and he's moved back in and they've got a new car on finance. Fast forward to 2 days after he moved back in...she's found out that since January he's been seeing another woman, been on holiday with that woman, and taken her to family meals! Fast forward to yesterday, she found dick pics etc. that he's also been sending to two other women in that same time.

Apparently she 'doesn't know what to do'...erm kick him out for good?! Don't understand some people, being cheated on in any way is my line and if someone crosses it then it doesn't matter who they are, there's no going back - let alone doing all those things.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:53 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:36 am

My girlfriends best mate recently kicked her boyfriend out, they'd not been getting on for a fair while, not happy, lots of problems etc. and she finally gave him the boot (2 weeks after buying him a £1500 watch for his birthday..). Fast forward a month and he's moved back in and they've got a new car on finance. Fast forward to 2 days after he moved back in...she's found out that since January he's been seeing another woman, been on holiday with that woman, and taken her to family meals! Fast forward to yesterday, she found dick pics etc. that he's also been sending to two other women in that same time.

Apparently she 'doesn't know what to do'...erm kick him out for good?! Don't understand some people, being cheated on in any way is my line and if someone crosses it then it doesn't matter who they are, there's no going back - let alone doing all those things.
I don't think cheating always 100% has to be the end (following Dan Savage's mantra on this). But clearly this is not one small slip up and the relationship seems to have other issues.
Some people are really wedded to two ideas:
1) destiny, we are destined to be together/it was fate so cannot break up
2) Fear of not finding someone else so stick with bad relationship

going on holiday atm is very difficult. Managing to go away with another woman whilst living with the gf, that's alot of effort/deception
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:23 am

Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:53 am
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:36 am

I don't think cheating always 100% has to be the end (following Dan Savage's mantra on this). But clearly this is not one small slip up and the relationship seems to have other issues.
Some people are really wedded to two ideas:
1) destiny, we are destined to be together/it was fate so cannot break up
2) Fear of not finding someone else so stick with bad relationship

going on holiday atm is very difficult. Managing to go away with another woman whilst living with the gf, that's alot of effort/deception
Yeah, people can make one-off mistakes and some people will be able to forgive, but in this situation it's obviously much more and personally I don't see how she could ever trust him again. No trust, no relationship.

I think she falls in to category 2 of yours, she's been cheated on before and just sort of accepts it.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:39 am

I feel like lack of self esteem (wrapped up in misogyny) is a problem society imposes on many women.

Relationship can be scary for women. I was reading this earlier and wow https://www.theguardian.com/society/202 ... s-bedrooms

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:26 am

Dame, pretty full on. Unless the other person has consented / agreed then it's definitely rape though you can see how it can be so difficult to get prosecutions or even for people to come forward when it's in the confides of a relationship.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:02 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:26 am
Dame, pretty full on. Unless the other person has consented / agreed then it's definitely rape though you can see how it can be so difficult to get prosecutions or even for people to come forward when it's in the confides of a relationship.
yeah prosecution rates are very low. The police cited there who were like "doesn't seem like a crime" are a huge issue.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:35 pm

Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:02 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:26 am
yeah prosecution rates are very low. The police cited there who were like "doesn't seem like a crime" are a huge issue.
That was surprising / shocking that they had that response to some cases.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:32 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:35 pm
Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:02 pm

That was surprising / shocking that they had that response to some cases.
From what I know its not surprising. Some medieval attitudes in the Police. Also because so hard to get convictions for some police think "what's the point" and its a horrible loop.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:35 pm

On a very slightly relevant / related note, I’m in the gym now (00:34) and there’s about 25 people here, all are men. Does that mean women maybe don’t feel as safe at night when the gym is unstaffed, just coincidence, or they’re not tragic enough to be in a gym at this time…?

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:12 pm

Can anybody recommend either a campsite or a pub with a bedroom along the Coquet between Rothbury and Warkworth? I'm doing a coast-to-coast solo hike in the summer from Maryport to Lindisfarne so I'm not looking for anything fancy, just a place to kip for the night. Google Maps isn't spitting too much up, except abandoned caravan parks or fancy hotels.