Pavel's eBar

What to do with empty filing cabinet in office?

Keep it, just in case.
11%
Remove it.
No votes
Shoot it.
11%
Fill with booze.
46%
Turn into modern art.
11%
Sell it to Ashley as our new star striker in exchange for a big mug and £5 SD voucher.
22%

Total votes: 37

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: Pavel's eBar

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:44 pm

I don’t recognise any of those place names I’m afraid!
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:05 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:44 pm
I don’t recognise any of those place names I’m afraid!
No worries! I'm hoping some of the Northumbrians on here might have some ideas.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:31 am

My girlfriend is moving into my place next month, already all kinds of random crap is turning up <laugh>

Pictures of Marilyn Monroe, fake plants, extra cushions, random inspirational quote signs hanging about the place, some weird hard face sponge type thing...it's like a lucky dip to see what turns up next <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:47 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:31 am
My girlfriend is moving into my place next month, already all kinds of random crap is turning up <laugh>

Pictures of Marilyn Monroe, fake plants, extra cushions, random inspirational quote signs hanging about the place, some weird hard face sponge type thing...it's like a lucky dip to see what turns up next <laugh>
Congratulations! I hope that you and your GF can live, laugh, love...
I had the first custom w***

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:52 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:

Candles, lots and lots of candles. Most of them scented.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:16 pm

Speedo wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:47 am
Bodacious Benny wrote:

Congratulations! I hope that you and your GF can live, laugh, love...
<laugh>

Thanks!
Donkey Toon wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:52 am
Bodacious Benny wrote:

Candles, lots and lots of candles. Most of them scented.
Yep! One on the bathroom window already...

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:01 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:16 pm
Yep! One on the bathroom window already...
Yay fire risk.
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:57 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:

Just hire a skip <ok>
Kindly deeds done for free!

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:24 pm

biggeordiedave wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:57 am
Bodacious Benny wrote:

Just hire a skip <ok>
Got the Live Laugh Love

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:55 pm

My wife, a few months after we met just moved in as my flat was close to Gatwick and she came back from a two week holiday.

Honestly thought it was a "stay the night/weekend" thing until she just never left.

Got to the point I hired a car and drove to her parents house to pick more stuff up as she was still living out of her suitcase and I felt sorry for her.

Still. 21 years later and she still hasn't left.

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:23 am

Lol romance isn't dead lol

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:14 pm

What exactly is the point in dressage at the Olympics?

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:47 am

overseasTOON wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:55 pm
My wife, a few months after we met just moved in as my flat was close to Gatwick and she came back from a two week holiday.

Honestly thought it was a "stay the night/weekend" thing until she just never left.

Got to the point I hired a car and drove to her parents house to pick more stuff up as she was still living out of her suitcase and I felt sorry for her.

Still. 21 years later and she still hasn't left.
Shes just waiting for a house price crash.... Any time now
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PTAO? » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:07 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:33 pm

Can anyone recommend a good WiFi booster? Signal is perfect in my living room but crap in bedrooms.

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:21 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:33 pm
Can anyone recommend a good WiFi booster? Signal is perfect in my living room but crap in bedrooms.
I got a TP Link Deco M5 mesh network after a few crappy WiFi boosters. Works like a charm (but is a bit expensive). I had 3 M5s but recently got an extra 2 so every bedroom and the garden have strong signal. I get 200-300mb/s near the main router and 40-80 mb/s through the rest of the house.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:23 pm

Speedo wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:21 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:33 pm
I got a TP Link Deco M5 mesh network after a few crappy WiFi boosters. Works like a charm (but is a bit expensive). I had 3 M5s but recently got an extra 2 so every bedroom and the garden have strong signal. I get 200-300mb/s near the main router and 40-80 mb/s through the rest of the house.
Cheers, will have a look!

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:53 am

Been on the job hunt this summer and after what feels like a month of "this week", I've finally received two offers today. One is full remote (UK based) in what feels like a good settling down type role - allows us to buy the family home, good progression plan in place, excellent work-life balance and perks. The other is Melbourne, Australia - more money (even accounting for cost of living), similar work-life, and a very prestigious project and team, but does kind of mean uprooting everything we have here and delaying family etc.

Going to be an interesting weekend, not quite how I imagined I'd be spending my first wedding anniversary...

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:56 am

Wow, what an opportunity. Personally (and I know it's a massive thing) I'd jump at the chance to experience working and living somewhere new, and by all accounts it's a fantastic work/life balance out there and not the type of opportunity that comes along every day.

Now sounds like the perfect time to do it, would be so much harder to do it with kids in the future if you ever fancied it. Not sure how old you are, but would delaying having kids for a year or two be the end of the world?

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:54 pm

Cal wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:53 am
Been on the job hunt this summer and after what feels like a month of "this week", I've finally received two offers today. One is full remote (UK based) in what feels like a good settling down type role - allows us to buy the family home, good progression plan in place, excellent work-life balance and perks. The other is Melbourne, Australia - more money (even accounting for cost of living), similar work-life, and a very prestigious project and team, but does kind of mean uprooting everything we have here and delaying family etc.

Going to be an interesting weekend, not quite how I imagined I'd be spending my first wedding anniversary...
Amazing opportunities! I guess it depends what stage your life is at, and what your priorities are. Judging by the relatively new marriage - think about when you've got little ones, do you want them to live an amazing outdoors life in Oz or have all the family around in the UK? Both are tempting... I know that I'd probs pick Melbourne and my girlfriend would pick UK!

Such a tough choice - but either will be amazing. Just absolutely two-foot commit to whichever option you take...