Summer Transfer Rumours/Wishlist 22/23

seaside nipper
Spain (Morata)
Spain (Morata)

Re: January Transfer Rumours/Wishlist 21/22

Post by seaside nipper » Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:49 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:30 pm
Talking of McGinn he's just scored a cracking goal for Scotland.
It was beautifully taken , he also missed a sitter later.
But he is a tremendous player, a beating heart of a midfield and he looks good in black and white stripes. Saw a lot of him playing through the ranks at St mirren, a top player who is not at his peak 👍🏼
We could do a lot worse
Clydeside & Tyneside

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:31 am

Been linked with Lingard and Martial, I dont think I'd have been that impressed with Lingard under the previous owner to be honest, hope we don't fall into this kinda trap, the lad is super inconsistent and we could and should do better even now. Think the only Man Utd reject I'd like is Van de Beek. Don't think I'd be too keen on Martial either.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:47 am

I think we need to come back down to Earth for a second <laugh>

In January it’s not going to be like we can go out and take our pick of anyone. Plenty of players won’t fancy a relegation fight (that’s what we’ll be in) so if we can get people like Lingard and Martial they are absolutely good enough for what we need short term. It’s not a trap signing someone like Lingard, it’s an effective solution to a very real and immediate problem.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:23 am

Martial is the player with the most negative body language I've seen in a while, and it didn't start this season.
I don't know, I might just prefer people who smile when they score.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:37 am

Don’t get me wrong, I think similar but easy to forget the season before last he scored 20+ goals.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:31 pm

seaside nipper wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:49 pm
Donkey Toon wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:30 pm
Talking of McGinn he's just scored a cracking goal for Scotland.
It was beautifully taken , he also missed a sitter later.
But he is a tremendous player, a beating heart of a midfield and he looks good in black and white stripes. Saw a lot of him playing through the ranks at St mirren, a top player who is not at his peak 👍🏼
We could do a lot worse
I agree, I think he'd make a good addition, although i've seen a lot less of him than you.

And yes that 88th minute pass to the keeper that should've hit the back of the net aside he was great against Israel.

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:43 am

CB - Tarkowski would be quality. Premier League experience and one of the best CB's outside of the top 6. Consistent, strong & dependable.
Mathais Ginter contract ending in 2022 (M'Gladbach).. German international. Jason Denayer (Lyon) contract also expiring next season.. has grown & improved since leaving Man City. Alessio Romagnoli another one.. Italian international who's contract ends next year.

LB - Tagliafico is a good shout. Robin Gosens from Atalanta is quality. Alejandro Grimaldo from Benfica. All would be improvements on Ritchie.

CM - Frank Kessie would be tremendous. Box-to-box, athletic, strong & mobile dynamic midfielder. Would compliment Willock. 2 CM's would be ideal.. Van de Beek would be class too.. would add much needed creativity & technical ability in the middle. Loan with option to buy at the end of season would be great as he isn't really getting a look-in at United. Someone like Aourar would be amazing but I feel like he'll want to playing in Champions League (now) & will have better offers from the big hitters of the continent. Ryan Gravenberch & Renanto Sanches both young, dynamic, box-to-box, bags of energy & technical ability. I like Zakaria too.. Swiss international. If we want a quick stop-gap till the end of the season get Barkeley in on loan with option to buy (if he impresses) and get someone like Ox-Chamberlain who can play cm, am & out wide.

ST - As mentioned we need a back-up / someone to compete with Wilson as he can't be relied on in a full season. I wouldn't mind someone like Martial but I have a feeling he could be a expensive flop.. so if anything get him on loan with option to buy in the summer if he impresses. Similar to Jesse Lingard too.. as a stop-gap for this season you could get someone like Origi as he's physical, tall, strong, athletic, mobile & experienced in the Prem. Icardi I wouldn't mind on loan to buy.. he's never played in the Prem & could end up being a flop/struggling. Ideally we should a young upcoming striker who's got massive potential the likes of Charles de Ketelaere, Karim Adeyemi, Musa Barrow, Adam Hlozek, Raspadori, Jonathan David & Luka Jovic

I think CB, LB, CM (x2) & a striker or two (winger/second striker) are essential if we want to survive. Then the real rebuilding job starts next summer. I don't see the likes of Manquillo, Ritchie, Clark, Fernandez, Shelvey, Hayden, Joelinton, etc being in the first team by then. ASM, Miggy (with a new manager could be diff player more clinical & effective), Wilson, Willock & Dubra are the only ones I could see still starting. Murphy depending on how he develops (under a new manager).. I don't see us having a massive clear our straight away I think it'll be gradual and a process. A lot of deadwood & not of the standard will be shifted.

Signings like Hangland, Mppabe, etc.. won't happen anytime soon.. possibly in 3-5 years yes as we develop into a team fighting for European contention & cup competitions. <awe>

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:35 am

I don't think anyone seriously thinks we'll be getting the likes of mbappe or hallaand haha. See plenty of comments that other fans use as a stick to beat all of us with, but hey ho.

Thats a great in depth list, was a good read. Kessie for me should be a priority, would absolutely transform our midfield. Whilst icardi loan to buy would make sense for us, can't see psg doing us any favours. Jonathan David is a good shout, really coming into his own for Lille this season.

Tarkowski, any of those three lbs, Kessie and Icardi would be a fantastic first window. Martial has potential quality but he's struggled to show it at man u. Just seems like a mild upgrade on Joelinton to me. Don't think we should be going near Lingard with a ten foot barge pole.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:47 am

I don't think we will get people like Haaland and Mbappe, but I wouldn't be shocked if we tried. Got to take into account their current situations, one is going to be a free transfer and the other has a release clause activating. We don't know what the owners plans are right now, so even the ridiculous is possible atm.

seaside nipper
Spain (Morata)
Spain (Morata)

Post by seaside nipper » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:04 am

For the here and now in my opinion we need to ensure we consolidate with a strong spine in the team. CB and CM essential as a minimum. Usual suspects already mentioned
For me though the key is not spunking money on expensive high maintenance posers.
We need a core of players who understand Newcastle and get what it means to play for the Toon and what expectations are. For instance raiding Man Utd for 4 stars with dubious playing time is just non sense imo
A team full of A listers is just folly, a pragmatic team build with some stardust sprinkles will do me.
Also we have the prospect of the new managers input and innovation. Between that and momentum from the takeover we should expect to see 10% more from each individual player presently.
Hope and a new belief is here, good vibe for the club and the wider area is installed, that works for me !
Clydeside & Tyneside

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:49 am

We need a cb and a cm so obvious choice is obvious Phil Jones lol

Captain Obvious
Drunk Control
Drunk Control

Post by Captain Obvious » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:11 pm

What about the geezer we were linked to in the summer. French bloke could play CM or CB. Out of contract. Meant to be good youngster.

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:46 pm

lol phillipe jonese?

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:00 pm

Captain Obvious wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:11 pm
What about the geezer we were linked to in the summer. French bloke could play CM or CB. Out of contract. Meant to be good youngster.
Boubacar Kamara? Good shout, wouldn't be surprised to see interest in him again. Contract also running down.

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:55 pm

Yeh gd shoit

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:08 pm

I'd be happy with Tarkowski, Ball playing CB, Tagliafico, Kamara, would love van de Beek, and a striker, maybe Belotti is doable.

I think that team would see us comfortably safe around mid table. Obviously we are stuck with the current squad so will depend on our points come January.

Like I say I don't expect to have big names, just wouldn't be surprised by it. I'm more than happy with a sensible approach if that's all we get.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:32 pm

seaside nipper wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:04 am
For the here and now in my opinion we need to ensure we consolidate with a strong spine in the team. CB and CM essential as a minimum. Usual suspects already mentioned
For me though the key is not spunking money on expensive high maintenance posers.
We need a core of players who understand Newcastle and get what it means to play for the Toon and what expectations are. For instance raiding Man Utd for 4 stars with dubious playing time is just non sense imo
A team full of A listers is just folly, a pragmatic team build with some stardust sprinkles will do me.
Also we have the prospect of the new managers input and innovation. Between that and momentum from the takeover we should expect to see 10% more from each individual player presently.
Hope and a new belief is here, good vibe for the club and the wider area is installed, that works for me !
Fully agreed

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:49 pm

Also, next to a CM and a CD, I would like to see a striker. Wilson is obviously injury prone and we surely need goals.
Icardi is quite a dream striker <awe>

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:06 pm

Trailist starting as the number 9 for the ressies. Woo secret signing. What happened to Munoz? :bandit:

Edit. Isaac Westendorf, apparently.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:19 pm

Already scored. Bruce in.